how do you feel about using boy names for girls?

Hmm, Zac seems super masculine to me, but also just wanted to point out I know a girl named Mykal (pronounced Michael) and it actually suits her perfectly!

I also met a little girl at the playground a while back named Sebastian! It's totally a new trend. I love it!!

I think girls should have pretty girly names, some names would work but IMO Blake and blaire and Zac are all very boyish names, however I know 2 little girls called Parker and Riley and they really suit there names so I guess everyone grows into there names in the end x

My name is Wesley, which is traditionally a boy's name, but I love it and have always been complimented on it. My identical twin sister's name is Kendall, which I think can go either way these days.

I think one of the main reasons I love my name so much is because I have NEVER met another girl with my name, so (being an IDENTICAL twin) it makes me feel unique. :thumbup:

That's awesome! I love the name Wesley but never thought about it for a girl!

I really like boy names for girl names.
I'm actually hoping when I get pregnant its a girl (my OH wants a boy xD)
and I've been looking through names and a bunch of them are "boy" names
I love Codie, Colby, Jaylen, Parker, and Dakota.
Those to me are pretty Gender Neutral but I think some people would think they are boy names.

Think it works really well in some cases. OH and I are considering Noah for a girl :)

My friend's 3 year old is called Noa - but spelt the female way (without the 'h').

The name I've got my heart sent on is a unisex name but I think 90% female whereas my OH think it's 100% male so won't agree to have it :(

I love gender neutral and boy names on girls, especially when they are used as middle names. I love Olivia (which is now really overused) because it is my DH's grandma's name, but I have always wanted to add something tone it down such as Ryan. Olivia Ryan :)

Not keen on using boys names for girls, but it depends on the name really, some work.

:flower:

I really like it, my faves being Billie, Alex and Bobbi :flower:

I love it! I think it's really cute! I love Jamie for a girl!!

I also went to school with a girl called Stevie she was called Steve a lot as a nn I always liked it!

Its so funny to think about because I couldn't see Stevie (steve) being a girls name but when you get to know someone with that name you start to think "MM that is a pretty name for a girl" because that person like becomes their name.

I was the same way with a little girl named Colby, at first I was like "Colby's a boy's name..." but she was the sweetest most adorable girl so I fell in love with the name Colby for a girl.

I like it for a select few names. But otherwise hate the trend and think it has nose dived. If a traditional boy name is chosen it needs a very feminine MN to help balance it out.

It really depends on the name, but in general, I am not a fan of boy names for girls. Let's face it, most guys don't want the same name as their female classmates. I'm all for saving boy names for boys. Some boy names sound very feminine to me, however. For example, Beckett. Maybe I think it sounds feminine because I knew a girl with this name.

I love when people use boy names for little girls. I like Charlie, Frankie, Billie.

Some I like, some I don't. I only hate one and that's Stevie. Just... :nope: I went to school with a female Stevie and she hated it, too.

It does my head in that people see mine and my sisters names as boys names. I'm Toni, she's Leigh. Um.. no. The clue is in the spelling :thumbup:

Going the opposite way, my husbands middle name is Ashley - whilst originally a masculine name, it is infinitely feminine to the both of us and we both hate it. Actually, my husband detests it.

Alex is more commonly a boys name, hence why we used it for out LO, i like boys names on girls if they sound right!

Hey :)

I love boys names for girls. I have 2 little girls Ryleigh and Locklyn,. Even tho they are boys names we have spelt them in a girl way:) If we have another girl I want to name her Hunter!!! Love love love that name for a girl:)

Some I like, some I don't. I only hate one and that's Stevie. Just... :nope: I went to school with a female Stevie and she hated it, too.

It does my head in that people see mine and my sisters names as boys names. I'm Toni, she's Leigh. Um.. no. The clue is in the spelling :thumbup:

Going the opposite way, my husbands middle name is Ashley - whilst originally a masculine name, it is infinitely feminine to the both of us and we both hate it. Actually, my husband detests it.

My ex husband is Leslie. He goes by his middle name, Michael

I quite like Leslie for a boy! It seems more masculine than feminine to me.

My husbands uncle is Lindsay - he's the first man I've ever heard of to have that name. I'd never heard of it being used for boys before! I quite like that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->