how do you feel about using boy names for girls?

Leslie is VERY feminine here in North America. I think it's more male in Europe. His dad is from Hungary, and is also Leslie, and his older brother is Edward Leslie. His grandfather was also Leslie.

Needless to say, my ex-father-in-law was PISSED when we didn't name our son Leslie.

Leslie is VERY feminine here in North America. I think it's more male in Europe. His dad is from Hungary, and is also Leslie, and his older brother is Edward Leslie. His grandfather was also Leslie.

Needless to say, my ex-father-in-law was PISSED when we didn't name our son Leslie.

im European (British) and its very much a female thing here too... I think its an age not country thing (as in it used to be male like Alison but now is only male in family traditions really)

My little girl is Bailey. I have to admit we sometimes get a few funny looks haha. Sometimes I wish we spelt it more feminine like bailee but my surname has more of ee's

Love boy names
on girls

Xx

My little girl is Bailey. I have to admit we sometimes get a few funny looks haha. Sometimes I wish we spelt it more feminine like bailee but my surname has more of ee's

Love boy names
on girls

Xx

bailey is a surname name that I think sounds best on girls

I love Bailey for a girl. I saw it spelled Baylea on Dr. Phil today. Blaire is one of my favourites on a girl

I agree with what some others have said; it depends on the name/spelling. Some of the boy names that I like for girls are:

Parker
Austyn
Blake
Rhyan
Dakota
Devyn

very much depends on the name for me. I love Alex but as in short for Alexandra and most of the Alex's I have known have been girls, and there are other names I can see suiting both. My daughter is Josephine so I like traditional quite girly names (though obviously its the feminine form of a masculine name) I cant imagine Alan, Simon those sort of names on a girl. The names we have looked at this time if we have another girl have been very feminine sounding but I think its just me and dh tend to like more traditional names. I like Charlie for a girl to though I would use it as a shortening and again I know more female Charlies than male

Now that she is here, I can say that we named our baby girl Jasyn (pronounced Jason) Leigh Anne, her nickname is Jayli. We opted not to share her name with people before she was born so I dont know what kind of feedback we would have gotten if we had announced her name before she was born but I am sure plenty of folks would have frowned on it lol. She is named for my brother and we did tell him about 6 weeks ago, he was worried she might get teased but when we told him she would go by Jayli he felt that was suitably feminine and was honored. We did opt to make the spelling a bit more feminine as well.

I adore her name! And if she doesn't like Jasyn or Jayli then she still has Leigh and Anne as options as well.

I like boy names for girls. I am contemplating Olivièr (nn Olive) if we have a girl next time. I don't mind Rory for a girl either, even though it's definitely a boy name in the UK. I hate Perry though, sorry! Don't like it for either gender.

I dont mind Charlie for a girl if its spelt Charleigh, i guess its all in the spelling? Ni knew a Leslie & Ashley both boys.

Personally im not into boys names on girls, i dont mind them, but they arent for me

I really like "boys" names on girls! Our list for girls names is pretty much all "boys" names, i.e. Logan, Ari, Lennon, Sawyer, Preston, Tate, Landon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->