how do you get organised?

C

cherryglitter

with regards to paperwork and things.
i have bank statements from years and years ago.
pay slips too.
do i reaaaally need to be holding on to all of this? it drives me mad and it takes ages to sort through.

am i compulsive hoarder? i keep old bills too.. :blush:

I personally only keep things that are a year old. Everything else gets shredded.

I sort them all into order and keep them in date order too. So I have a slot for each bank account and direct debit etc... I also keep all my manuals there and our personal stuff like driving licences, passports, birth certificates and college certificates etc... there too.

It makes filing easier. God. I sound like Monica from friends.

:rofl:

no this is a good. our paperwork is in a right old state and it's a mission to find anything we need when asked for it.

i think i might get rid of anything less than a year old. people usually ask for things within 3 months anyway.

I used to be SO organised before i got with my OH, and now its all over the place. :( Once i go on maternity leave, i will try sort it out.

I am a bit of a hoarder, thanks to my mum! She's the worst! She's still got bills and diaries etc from before I was born!!

I've started to shred and burn things that are over a year old, although i've still got a box full of every wage slip ive ever had.

I don't bother having paper bank statements as i can see it all online anyway. I don't like the idea of leaving a paper trail that someone might find one day and use lol.

Thats true, some of our bills are sent online now so saves the hassle etc... you can always request for a paper bill if you need one.

I agree, only keep things for about a year, most things you can request again.

But I would keep everything tax related for longer than a year. I'm having issues with HMRC for the tax year 2008-2009. Luckily I had kept everything. You never know when them idiots have messed up and you need to refer back!

I'd also keep anything that's on going. Like my OH used to get statements for his loan. So we kept those. Now it's paid off I binned the rest and just kept the final one that said it's paid off (just in case :haha:)

I've recently started going through the husbands huge pile of old statements and letters etc, everything over then a year old - shredded. I keep a book of all our passwords, email addresses, reference numbers somewhere safe. Passports and important bits are kept in a safe box..not literally a safe but a safe place lol. Im trying my hardest to be organised and clutter free x

yup, clutter is another one of my problems!
i just keep rubbish :rofl:

OH likes to keep all the leads in the world which we have no idea what they're for. so they're going to be thrown.

Keep ALL payslips for the last 4 -5 years - they have only just started looking at 2007-2008 tax refunds! no slip, no proof :lol:

everything else, after a year i bin.

Our passports, BCs etc ARE kept in the safe!! x

you can tell it's OH who's a nightmare. he has no idea where his birth certificate is, or his paper part of his license. drives me mad!

We have a couple of 'important stuff drawers' in a unit in the dining area. They started out organised, but they're now an overflowing mass of everything ranging from bills, statements, birth certs, marriage cert, passports, paper driving licences, insurance documents, everything really. Whenever I go through it to search for something I bin the ancient stuff. That's as organised as it gets in this house :rofl: There is a LOT of clutter around here too...... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->