How do you handle waiting over a month for first scan???

Confusing

Reaction score
I just don't think I can!! :O how have all you ladies coped!? It was hard enough waiting 13days for my first midwife scan and that was yesterday! My scan date is October 21st which will make me 13wks until I go. (I think i'll be 11wks at the time personally) I just want to know everything is ok and it's making me more and more down everyday :( is thete anything anyone found helped?

I am 7 weeks and thinking the same. BUT - I know people who have been for early scans and still not had good news at 12 weeks, there's a reason they wait until 12 ish weeks - because that's the 'safe' point and when things are highly unlikely to then go wrong. The reason Midwifes don't see you normally until 8 weeks ish is because MC chance gets a lot less after that time too. I am holding on to that thought - if I wait and its good news I can be really excited, having a scan earlier is only temp relief. Try and be strong - it's not too much longer now xx

I got mine at five weeks, so just over seven weeks to wait - the bad side of finding out early!!! Just remember the time will pass at the same rate no matter if you wish it away or keep yourself busy. It will still be your turn soon :)

Well I have my scan next Tuesday - only 5 days to go finally!

But I was waiting weeks and weeks too. Even worse I have ongoing unexplained bleeding since 6 weeks so am considered as having a "threatened miscarriage". So the waiting has been unbearable but has gotten easier the closer I get. Time just goes on - I try and distract my self with anything and everything. And for the past week I have had a horrid cold so too miserable to worry about scan - ugh! But suddenly it's only 5 days away!

And you will be the same. You'll see people join week after week and suddenly you'll be the one almost out of 1st tri and responding to a similar thread! :thumbup:

I was thinking the SAME thing!
Just got a positive test yesterday!
My Ob doesn't want to see me until Oct 21....and that's just to confirm that I'm pregnant!

I had blood last Thurs to confirm O and to check for pregnancy
Finally got result today showing O but as of last thurs there was no pregnancy
So this makes me go even more insane!!
I wonder how many pregnancy tests I can take from now until Oct 21? lol

Just keep reminding yourself... the VAST majority of pregnancies are absolutely fine! :)

Just keep reminding yourself... the VAST majority of pregnancies are absolutely fine! :)

Thank you! I needed to hear that!!

CB digi said "pregnant 1-2".... I'm assuming it's not lying to me lol

I know how you feel - I think most people on here do. I haven't had any scans yet but will do next Wednesday. I didn't find out until I was 6 weeks but thats still 6 weeks of waiting and not knowing!! I'm so tempted to do more pregnancy tests because I'm scared of getting there and them saying that I was never pregnant :dohh: even though I've had about 7 positives! The not knowing and having to wait is really hard but like a PP said it really does fly by (even though it might not feel like it if you continuously stare at your diary to see how many days are left like me!) and soon you won't believe you're the one going to your scan. I was looking at everyone's tickers when they were like 10 weeks and thinking 'it's ages until that's me' and now I'm at 11 weeks! Only thing is I'm sure i'm not as far along as they say I am because of my cycles so think i'll probably go back at least a week which will make the next scan seem even further away!

My first scan will be when I'm 18 weeks.. so I'm kinda jealous of those who get earlier ones.

I hate waiting too...! With my first they only did 20 week scans (where i found i was having twins) so 12 weeks doesn't seem so bad...!

I found out I was pregnant the first week in August and my first appointment is not until 9th October with my first scan the following week. It has been a very long wait :wacko:

My partner has also been away at work the majority of the time and topped with avoiding all social situations with my wine guzzling friends it has proved rather lonely. I chose not to tell my family and friends until after the scan, if any of them want to speak to me considering how rubbish and flakey I have been lately!! Roll on mid October

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->