How do you manage to wait till 6 months before 'weaning'?

Some of us didnt have a choice! My DD would NOT eat solids of any kind until almost 10 months - not for lack of trying! Just wasnt into it. So she was pretty much EBF until about 10 months.

And to answer the OP's question, we found is super easy to wait until 6 months and our LO is a big, chunky, 91st centile baby. Weight has nothing to do with it.

We are a month into solids now and she is getting there slowly, starting to swallow more and more.

TBH I find weaning all a bit of a faff anyway and I struggle to understand those who are desperate to wean early as the milk only days were WAY easier!

And to answer the OP's question, we found is super easy to wait until 6 months and our LO is a big, chunky, 91st centile baby. Weight has nothing to do with it.

We are a month into solids now and she is getting there slowly, starting to swallow more and more.

TBH I find weaning all a bit of a faff anyway and I struggle to understand those who are desperate to wean early as the milk only days were WAY easier!

I agree with this, I'm travelling with LO on Wednesday and have been thinking that the last time we went, she was only on milk so I didn't have to think of anything other than that!!

I wasnt sure wether to put down that emily had a bit of rusks at over a month old, but i dont see why i shouldnt be able to share when emily had a taste of something other than milk just because it was earlier than most :shrug:

That "taste" is possibly setting her up for a whole lot of allergies and digestive problems later in life.

How do you manage to wait? You give them milk. They are still hungry? Give more milk. Not really that complicated :shrug:

Looking back, I could of easily waited the extra 3 weeks and weaned at 6 months, I BLWed too. He took to finger foods with gusto at just over 5 months but those few extra weeks would of made no difference.

Tbh, I think this thread is set out for a bit of drama... Why anyone would admit to giving rusk to a 4 week old in baby club is beyond me :haha:

Tbh, I think this thread is set out for a bit of drama... Why anyone would admit to giving rusk to a 4 week old in baby club is beyond me :haha:[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing!

Looking back, I could of easily waited the extra 3 weeks and weaned at 6 months, I BLWed too. He took to finger foods with gusto at just over 5 months but those few extra weeks would of made no difference.

Tbh, I think this thread is set out for a bit of drama... Why anyone would admit to giving rusk to a 4 week old in baby club is beyond me :haha:

Totally agree!

I don't even believe she would give a rusk to a 4/6 week old baby.

Surely this must just be a case of starting a topic and then sitting back and :coffee:

Most likely! It will probably be locked by morning.

Really dont understand setting out to cause drama. This thread will be one we're re-reading in a few months thinking 'WTF'.

Maybe an april fools day thread? :p

Aha! Well in that case I'll come clean! LO had his first McDonald's yesterday. Started him straight off on the big mac as we didn't want to waste time with a happy meal. The lack of teeth didn't even slow him down!! :winkwink:

We had Burger King yesterday and LO absolutely LOVED her Whopper.

Obviously I'm joking, she only had a kids meal. Didn't think it was anywhere near enough for her though so we got her two:coffee:

What is a rusk?

Oh and we weaned straight from boob to milkshakes. ;)

Based on your prior threads, I don't believe this to be an April Fool's joke
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/formula-feeding/1754109-changing-babys-milk-stage-2-a.html

It sounds like you (and your family I guess, if this is where you get the advice) genuinely do not understand how much babies need to feed, why they need to feed frequently, what a growth spurt is, and are confused about general health/feeding guidelines for babies.

I would recommend speaking to a health professional or something... tbh you have two children now and you still don't understand that babies this age can require feeding every 1-2 hours minimum at times. Good luck, I don't say this to be rude, but out of general concern that you need to educate yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->