How do you plan on announcing?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
As the title says really, how are you planning on announcing your pregnancy and when?
I really would love to announce before Christmas but will only be around 8 weeks. I'm booking an early reassurance scan so as long as all is fine I probably will.
Want to do something cute with my son, perhaps a big brother t shirt. Or maybe upload a photo of the stockings to Facebook with an extra one and see who notices.

I've already told my mum but for mil I want to wait as she's a worrier, but would like a nice way to tell her I'm just stuck for ideas.

I've thought of adding it to Christmas cards but can't think of a rhyme.. So far I have this..

"Something something something that rhymes with four :haha: , merry Christmas from our soon to be family of four"
Any help?

How about 'here's to hoping your holiday season isn't a bore, merry Christmas from our soon to be family of four'?

We don't really do the announcement thing, we tell our parents and siblings and other people just find out when we see them or if other people tell them.

I told my sisters and best friend as soon as I got my BFP, told some other friends when I was about 6 weeks along and they asked me because I declined a drink when we went out (I don't volunteer the info, but I also don't lie if people outright as me), and we told my OH's parents when I was about 8 weeks along because they were in town visiting and we didn't know when we would see them again. We are currently out of the country on vacation but will tell my parents when we get home.

We're going to be adding an extra photo in with our Christmas cards to tell our family.

Attachments

• of3vq9.jpg
    of3vq9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 51
We've got a private scan booked for two days before Christmas, so we'll tell my parents on Boxing Day when we're at theirs, which will likely mean my siblings will know around then too. I want to wait until after the 12wk scan to tell the in laws. I've already told my two best friends. I will announce to work after our 12wk scan, but we will not be announcing on Facebook. I'll tell others as and when we see them.

I can help you because I too will be announcing at Christmas and mine will say 'the best gifts don't come from a store, merry christmas from our soon to be family of four' :)

I spilled the beans on thanksgiving to immediate family during the what are we thankful speeches. I forget how I worded it, but I snuck it into my speech. I was trying to be sly so I could point back to that moment and say see that's why I said that. But my stepdad sleuthed it out haha

For fb, I'm thnking of making a collage based on the song "1, 2, 3, 4" assuming SO and I don't work things out (which right now looks to be the case) because we'd be four (two dogs, baby, and me)
Pic 1 would say there's only one thing (picture of me)
Pic 2 would say "two" do (pic of my older dog)
Pic 3 would say three words(pic of my younger dog)
Pic 4 would say "four" you (and have the most recent ultrasound pic)
Then underneath it would say I love you, Baby (name)
With the due date underneath

Ideally the dogs would each have a baby item. Like I might put baby sunglasses on my smaller dog and baby shoes by my bigger dog.

My plan for a Christmas announcement to family (my 9w scan is on the 23rd) was to put a copy of the scan in each stocking since we do this last. But we have a tradition where we decorate the tree as a family, and each kid gets to put up their ornaments (my mom buys every baby an ornament). So I was going to buy an ornament and customize it to say baby's first Christmas 2017 and hang it on the tree the morning of Christmas (I'm alays first one up) and see how long it took for people to catch on

Very cute ideas! This is my fifth, and my oldest child is 4. I think everyone is just waiting for me to even hint about being pregnant again. Haha. I have no idea what I'll do or when. When I was pregnant with my third-born, I announced at 16 weeks when I knew the sex (our first girl!). That went beautifully because many people aren't so excited once you already have one or two. It was still exciting because it was something different. I'm thinking of announcing at ~20 weeks this time, or whenever I have my anomaly scan.

Very cute ideas! This is my fifth, and my oldest child is 4. I think everyone is just waiting for me to even hint about being pregnant again. Haha. I have no idea what I'll do or when. When I was pregnant with my third-born, I announced at 16 weeks when I knew the sex (our first girl!). That went beautifully because many people aren't so excited once you already have one or two. It was still exciting because it was something different. I'm thinking of announcing at ~20 weeks this time, or whenever I have my anomaly scan.

Agreed I don't want mass announcing until I know the sex, but I'm going to get the blood work done at 10w so I should have results by 11w

It would be nice to tell my family at Christmas but we would only be at 8 weeks. I wanted to wait until after 12 weeks to share the news...maybe even after the gender scan if I can hide it for that long. I will probably just let my daughter were a t-shirt that says "Big Sister"

As for my husband-I just found out this morning I was pregnant. We were arguing and weren't speaking so I went to the bathroom and took a test since I felt off. When two lines showed up, I yelled to him "We have a situation" and he came in. He was happy and argument was over.

It took us 1.5 years to conceive our first so this second child is definitely a blessing for us.

We're telling family after the 12 week scan, everyone else we'll tell once we know the gender. I think the rhyme in a Christmas card is so cute!

We told my family after my 7 week scan by sending Ollie in with a big brother tshirt and handing the scan photo. We told OHs family by giving them grandparents mugs as it's their first (MIL took a long time to catch on!)

Because of the losses we didn't announce on social media until 12 weeks. As you probably saw we put Ollie in his Batman hoodie holding the scan photo and wrote "Every superhero needs a sidekick.. Ollie's is arriving in May 2017!" It's went down really well and I liked doing something a bit different.

I love the idea of the rhyme in the Christmas card! If I was due later if have done that I think :)

I don't have any cute ideas yet, but I plan to announce on Christmas.

I have told my co-workers, but we have not told any family yet. I'm waiting until my appointment on 12/15 when I will get a scan.

I don't have any cute ideas yet, but I plan to announce on Christmas.

I have told my co-workers, but we have not told any family yet. I'm waiting until my appointment on 12/15 when I will get a scan.

Memphis my NT scan is on the same day as yours :thumbup:

I will be just past 8 weeks at Christmas, I plan to announce then because my MIL guessed at almost 11 weeks with my last and we didn't tell and she was kind of pissed. I figure I will show even earlier with my third...that and she may figure it out with the extra dr. appointments.

My children don't know I am pregnant yet. Most of our family and friends don't know either.

For the family and friends, my partner who is an animator for Nickelodeon is animating a Christmas-themed short, where my daughter asks Santa for a baby sister for Christmas, and my partner gets a little Home Alone-esque getting ready for the guy in red, thinking he is going to get me pregnant. It all resolves itself in a silly way, we'll be posting it online.

For my children, we're finding out the gender on the 23rd, and we're going to wrap a scan picture and blue or pink balloons into a present labeled for the family.

My step dad is an Obgyn so my parents found out pretty much right away because I called him with questions. We've told just a very small handful of friends and now we aren't telling anyone else until Christmas when I'll be just shy of 11 weeks. My nephew is 4 months old so we got him this little shirt that will get wrapped with a couple of onzies and we will have my brother in law open it first in front of the family.

Attachments

• You_Doodle_2016-12-02T07_42_02Z.jpg
    You_Doodle_2016-12-02T07_42_02Z.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
We've already told immediate family, but to announce on Facebook we're going to wait until after our appointment on Dec 20. We're big football fans and for rival teams. So me and my daughter will be dressed in our Auburn gear and DH and my son will in Alabama and we're going to have a sign that says "Tie breaker coming Aug 2017".

We're doing elf on the shelf again this year so the elf will be holding the scan picture ready for when our daughter wakes up in the morning and we'll tell her she's got an early Christmas present :D that'll be the photo we sent to people!

I didn't announce on social media until 18 weeks last time - family all
knew from 5 weeks but that's how everyone else and colleagues etc found out. I couldn't hide the bump any more so had to announce then!

This time I've been really sick and have had time off work etc so I'm sure a lot of people at work already know :-(
Family all already know again, but for the social media announcement for colleagues/everyone else...
We have our 13 week scan on 14th December but ideally (if I can) I'd like to hold off until the end of December as that's when we'll know the gender. I have 3 boys and I can't be bothered with all the 'I bet you're hoping for
a girl finally!' type comments if I announce at 13 weeks, so I figured it will probably be less stressful to announce the gender at the same time.
I suppose the actual announcement itself will depend on the gender...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->