How do you plan on announcing?

Big "IF" I get my NT scan the week before x-mas, I want to give everyone in the family tiny baby booties as christmas presents.

It all hinges on the NT scan timing though because the closest private us clinics are 2 hours away from us. I need a heartbeat after 11 weeks before we announce for my own confidence.

Most family know but my DD doesn't yet. I've ordered a big sister t-shirt, an I love my sister frame, and some waiting for baby books for her to open Christmas Day :) She put a baby brother or sister on her santa letter so it should go down well.

For social media, OH wants a pic of him reading a baby manual saying 'For once in his life, he's going to read the manual!' as this one is his first x

I am making each family a christmas ornament using our scan photo. I will put one in each stocking and sit home waiting for the phone calls to roll in. Once my family knows ill text my closest friends to let them know then i will post to facebook so everyone else knows too lol. Nothing fancy but enough to make it fun

Then as we go house to house on christmas day/boxing day my DS will wear his big bro shirt we bought him

We announced today! ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
Ah that's nice Boobee!
I already have in my head what I'm going to do for a picture announcement if we discover it's a girl - and it involves paperclips..! (Random, I know!)
It won't quite have the same effect if it's another boy though so I don't know how we'll do it then - I guess it'll have to be something related to an expanding 'football team'...!

That's nice boobee how exciting!

Memma is it the small paperclip inside the big paperclip?

Memma is it the small paperclip inside the big paperclip?

Yes I want to have two big silver paperclips (me and OH), three small blue ones next to it (my 3 boys) and then a little pink one inside one of the silver ones.
I don't think it'll be the same if it's another blue one though, so I'll have to think of something else!

I'm stuck on how to tell anyone, I'd quite like to wait until I'm further a long to even tell my hubby, we've experienced so much loss I don't want to do it to him again! but with Christmas round the corner I fear people will notice when i decline a glass of wine! ideally i would wait until February (I enter the second trimester on valentines day) but can I really keep it a secret that long???

Memma if it's another boy you could always make the ones representing your boys gold & smaller than yours & OH's silver ones & then blue inside one of the silver ones. It's just differentiates the three groups if you still like that idea.

Kittykat I hope this is your rainbow baby! I do think hubby deserves to know now though. He contributed 50/50 & wouldn't you want his support should something go wrong. Better to know beforehand than get a double whammy. Just my thoughts darl, not judging at all though.

I agree, there's no way I'd not be able to tell my partner I was pregnant. I understand you've had losses before and you're worried about him, but you need support too - you're growing a human :)

I just saw a comment online from someone having her 4th boy that she'll have the whole 'ninja turtle' gang now - that's got my brain ticking, haha!

Memma if it's another boy you could always make the ones representing your boys gold & smaller than yours & OH's silver ones & then blue inside one of the silver ones. It's just differentiates the three groups if you still like that idea.

Kittykat I hope this is your rainbow baby! I do think hubby deserves to know now though. He contributed 50/50 & wouldn't you want his support should something go wrong. Better to know beforehand than get a double whammy. Just my thoughts darl, not judging at all though.

thank you, I know i should tell him, i'm just unsure if i should at least wait until after I've missed my period... i am only 9dpo...

I think that's fair enough Hun, at least wait a few more days. Your line looks really good, both my chemicals never got as dark as yours even though yours is still faint (but strong for only 9dpo)

Yeah, I understand not wanting to tell your OH, but I advise against it. If the worst case happens, do you not want your partner to share? Do you feel the need to bear it all on yourself? That isn't really fair. It also isn't fair yo him for you to keep all the joy of your pregnancy to yourself, after all the baby is his too!

But waiting until you have missed your period is an okay compromise I guess.

Iv never done an announcement and never really had nice reactions but this time I'm so happy to announce after losing my little boy at 21 weeks in July.

Luckily Iv got my 12 week scan a couple of days before xmas so Iv bought a baby powder scented candle for my mum and will put the scan picture in!

Some lovely ideas!
My plan to announce in a fun way failed. In the end OH just called his mum and told her last minute before she came over to visit last week because he thought she might guess anyway :haha:

I told hubby, he was so happy he cried!! We are going to announce to everyone else on Valentine's Day because that's when we enter the second trimester, we will have to figure out a Valentine's Day themed announcement though!!

Can I butt in?

I am part of a community elsewhere dealing with infertility and loss. Could I make a little plea to the ladies planning to announce at Xmas that they think of the potential for any family members who might be struggling with any of the issues?

I am not saying they won't be delighted for your news, they will be very happy that you are not going through the pain they are, but the announcement will be a little reminder of the pain they are enduring on a daily basis, that maybe they are trying to tuck away for the holidays. In mental health circles it's called a trigger warning, something out of the blue that just puts you in the bad place you were trying so hard to avoid. I was facing last Christmas knowing I should have had a little one with me. I found the Xmas announcements hard.

For some LTTTC women, they go as far as avoiding family events when they are anticipating happy announcements.

In my situation - we will be telling my mum and sister at Xmas because we are a very open family and there is no issue there at all. My DH's family, there is a sibling who came to a long hard decision not to have children because of a severe medical issue, and a couple who are either trying or can't yet for practical reasons. So we will announce to them a few weeks later on a random day in January.

Can I butt in?

I am part of a community elsewhere dealing with infertility and loss. Could I make a little plea to the ladies planning to announce at Xmas that they think of the potential for any family members who might be struggling with any of the issues?

I am not saying they won't be delighted for your news, they will be very happy that you are not going through the pain they are, but the announcement will be a little reminder of the pain they are enduring on a daily basis, that maybe they are trying to tuck away for the holidays. In mental health circles it's called a trigger warning, something out of the blue that just puts you in the bad place you were trying so hard to avoid. I was facing last Christmas knowing I should have had a little one with me. I found the Xmas announcements hard.

For some LTTTC women, they go as far as avoiding family events when they are anticipating happy announcements.

In my situation - we will be telling my mum and sister at Xmas because we are a very open family and there is no issue there at all. My DH's family, there is a sibling who came to a long hard decision not to have children because of a severe medical issue, and a couple who are either trying or can't yet for practical reasons. So we will announce to them a few weeks later on a random day in January.

Could you suggest the best way to avoid painful moments? I want to be mindful of those who are struggling with infertility, but at the same time, I don't appreciate being told I can't happily announce my pregnancy to my family.

For the record, my sister struggles with infertility. I have had to endure her nasty, bitter facebook posts about those in her life that are able to have children, and quite frankly it causes me to lose sympathy for her situation. But I do still want to be mindful, I just wish she was more mindful of those who can have children, we aren't doing anything wrong by getting pregnant. We don't get pregnant just to hurt those who can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->