How do you store your Lego/Duplo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Off topic slightly I guess (although will be buying more Duplo at Xmas)

OH wants us to bung all LOs Duplo in together whereas I like it all kept in it's individual boxes! I can see his point, and storage is always an issue but I'm a bit OCD about everything being put back properly and in it's correct box once it's finished with.

What do you do? I guess I could keep the boxes so if we sold it in the future it would be easier to sell?

We just recently brought a coffee table for LOs playroom from ikea. It has a shelf underneath so we put two wide boxes on it and then individually put the instructions and pieces of each lego set into sandwich bags and then into the boxes.
I don't see why i did it though... LO has already mixed them :rofl: xx

I've got this bookmarked, think it's a fab idea. Another one I saw had photos of each set on the different drawers so they know where to put it. This one is for normal lego but you can get duplo baseboards as well https://boxycolonial.com/the-super-secret-project-the-day-the-glue-gun-let-me-down/

I keep in 2 boxes mixed up as she plays with it all together. One lots in the big green basic brick duplo box and then we have the others that don't fit in a storage toy box. She has about 6 sets mixed. We use all the sets together though

Our duplo is all mixed up together in one big plastic box. He just plays with it all together I would never manage to keep it all separate.

I kept it in boxes for about six months and then just gave up, so now we have a horrible mish mash of all the sets together which I must admit makes me wince when I think of the price of each set individually and now it's just boxes of mixed blocks!!! X we have the lego storage boxes and with his new junior stuff for Christmas, I really am going to try and keep them in the sets...!

I had a LOT of lego when I was little - And i've been thinking about this as we're likely to buying a lot for 5-7 year olds this year.

Mu mum had 4-5 boxes, which each went into bigger boxes.. She tried to keep them separate. I.E I had an indiana jones set I LOVED.. she boxed it up all nicely. I played with it once... It was mixed. Woopsies.

She's much happier now i've left... She collects the proper lego villages.. (£100 or more a set) and she has them all put up nicely and a box for each if she ever needs to take them down . Big kid!

We have maybe 10 sets all mixed, it drives me crazy I tried to separate but the kids just play with all together. We've got lots of green tubs the duplo cans in, plus a big blue brick box and a yellow lego head box. The only duplo that's still separate is the jake duplo, some duplo food and 2 books with duplo animals to build. I'm thinking of buying a plastic drawer set from wilkinson and labelling each drawer for different ones. I'm a bit OCD with losing the pieces as it costs a bomb ! I've kept all the instructions so we can still build everything it just takes ages to find individual pieces x

We used to have everything separate. Not in the original boxes but in tubs and trays etc But they kept mixing it up and playing with starwars lego WITH marvel lego AND Batman lego, then you'd find batmans mask on Han Solo and the Hulk in the Wompas cave. DH would get frustrated. They'd 'blow up' a couple of ships which would cause the piece to get mixed up as well. In the end we put them all into the same boxes for now.

All our duplo sets are mixed together in a big tub.

The duplos are all in one big tub all mixed together. And the regular Legos are all in another tub all mixed together. The girls mix them all up anyway and never would keep them organized.

I don't see the point in fighting it, when I was a kid I would play with them all together and make up my own scenarios. I never built them as outlined in the directions and my DDs don't either.

One of Roxy's current favorite things to do with her Legos is to have the Star Wars guys build a shelter for the animals of her Lego Friends and protect them from General Grievous haha. And Lizzy often has Snow White riding on the farm tractor next to a pig. :D

DH is much more concerned about everything being where it should be than I am. The only thing that bothers me is that they can find it so I'm not the one having to drop everything to hunt the whole house down for Captain Americas head! :haha:
I laughed my head off at the end of Lego Movie with the Dad. Thats DH all over. He used to threaten to glue everything together to stop them breaking it all apart when there were big lego battles.

We only have a few small duplo sets but I found an under the bed style plastic storage box on wheels and the green baseplate fit 100% perfectly in the bottom so he can play with it all in one box. I was excited haha... But he pulls it all out. :/

see this is what puts me off buying them! i hate sets getting mixed i've thrown away numerous puzzles and card games cos morgan cant look after the, the boxes get broke and they get mixed in the toy box and it sets my ocd mad haha! i like all sets to be together and accounted for hahaha!

i guess i wouldnt mind general sets mixing but 'themed' sets would set my ocd off

I gave up trying to keep them together a long time ago :haha:

We have a duplo mad 3 yr old with tons of sets and there's no way you can fight the mixing! Ours is in one big under bed type storage box which regularly gets tipped out and the creation begins for hours. We often have Jakes pirate ship with aeroplane wings and the fireman 'driving'. I don't think he's ever used the instructions except for the first time we opened the box.

Watching the lego movie - I think that's the way it should be!

I'm gonna have a bash at making one of these https://www.layngo.com/products.php

Adams Lego is all mixed in one of the Lego block tubs and it takes forever to pick up all the tiny wee bits so thought this might me ideal!

Wow! Thanks for the replies! Some ace ideas. And I'm glad it's not just me that has OCD about it!

I think I'm going to have to let go a bit with it!, as much as it pains me!

I'm gonna have a bash at making one of these https://www.layngo.com/products.php

Adams Lego is all mixed in one of the Lego block tubs and it takes forever to pick up all the tiny wee bits so thought this might me ideal!

That looks ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back