How do you switch of the broody!?

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
I had my second partial molar pregnancy in march and given the go ahead to ttc in may. We did an unsuccessful month and I got offered an amazing job. That and 2 important weddi gs next year, one I'm maid of honour for and the other half way across the world, we've decided timing isn't fantastic and we're going to wtt until next July. Problem is although my head is telling me it's the right thing to do the rest of me is seriously hoping the pill doesn't work lol. How on earth do you keep the crazy broody feelings under control? Xxx

I'm not sure, I'm not sure you can. I think the feelings will still be there. I guess having the events to look forward to are a good start, just keep yourself as busy as possible.
I think there's possibly never a perfect time though, maybe worth considering if it's really beneficial waiting Til next year. The weddings are for one day, and you'll still have your job, plus it could take a while trying. Not that I'm trying to put you off waiting 😉 but sounds like your heads telling you one thing and your heart another.

I live vicariously through others on here (because in real life, i'm just jealous). I forum stalk or read the pregnancy journals.

Will this be your first?

I don't think you can. They best way i think is to not to try and stop it. What i found really helpful would be to make a pintrest board of nursery ideas etc. also do your research into anything baby/birth/pregnancy related. That wat you can feed your habit. This is what i done think my husband thought i was crazy but i sit here just now feeding my 6 week old daughter - and looking back it doesn't feel that long ago i was wtt. Xx

I haven't been able to switch it off. This is going to be my second n tbh the longing is just as much as with ds.
However this time round I am able to keep positive about waiting as I get time with ds before a new one comes along. I try n keep busy as much as possible.

We still talk almost daily about no2 though. It i s at the front of dh n my minds all the time :dohh: We were going to ttc this month however I have a new job opitunity that doesnt start till october.... So to get maternity leave I cant get pregnant until then :dohh: so its been moved back to october :dohh:

All I can suggest is coming on bnb and talking with your oh when u can. Plus keep busy :winkwink:

Also I used to go through the wtt and ttc journals. Reading of other people in similar situation always helps me :thumbup:
N writting your own wtt journal just so you can get your fears n feelings out :thumbup:

I try to prepare as much as possible but honestly I can't wait for a baby, I am finding it harder to wait now than ever .. to the point i don't care about waiting for perfect timing anymore i just want my baby. I'm getting grumpy and emotional because i just want a baby ... we have been together for a while, we always planned on a young family and honestly im just sick of waiting. To the point i'm like this october, fuck it, as soon as my new job tell me my probation is over im telling them im pregnant if i am, i dont care how it looks anymore. I'll have a 5 months old at my wedding, ill be a bit pudgy on the day ... money may be a little tight because the savings we wanted wouldnt be there but at this point i just dont care.. sorry i realise im not helping.. ive been waiting for 6 years though.. and this si the first time ive gotten this bad... what has helped me in the past was reading others pregnancy experiences, preparing, looking at baby names and day dreaming about baby stuff .. it worked for a while but after doing it for this long.. it no longer works for me :(

I'm feeling the same way right now as well! Very broody but I know this isn't the right time to TTC. We have things we'd like to get done in our personal/career/and financial lives first. I agree with the PP's...Stalking on here is helpful :haha: and researching helps too. I've got a Pinterest page that helps with the feelings some and I also like to read. My last delivery was a c-section so I'm hoping next time to have a VBAC, so I've been researching that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->