How does everyone do it?!

I did a check out of curiosity and saying I had children didn't change it at all. The only thing that made a difference is saying my oh works as currently he's a sahd and I work. I don't drive but I will pay etc, but saying he was employed did make it cheaper but it was less then £100 off annual
We have our own drive and have found that cheaper to park there. Plus we live in a quite safe area. (Reflected in our rent

All of the above plus you are driving knowingly without valid insurance. It risks you getting points, a fine or even your license. Oh and your car seized. To me it isn't worth a few quid saving.

My insurance is with admiral and I pay £370 a year. I'm 23 but I've only been driving a year.

There are things you can do to lower your costs. I always put mine as MILs address (nicer area), where it says where will you park your car- street is the cheapest option, 3 door cars are cheaper to insure and surprisingly if you choose 'no immobilizer' this also lowers it. No dependent children (lets be honest- who is going to check) and the cheapest 'relationship status' is single. And as other people have said- add a parent on as a named driver.

Wow I cant believe you actually wrote this!

If you have a crash with your partner or children what do you think would happen?

Or if your car is damaged or stolen from your house what would you do lie to the police and say it was stolen from mil house?

And if you crash into some other poor person your actively screwing them over.

Nice.

I passed last year aged 27.

I got a 2003 honda jazz and my details where car on street at home partner 2 kids social commuting and one place of work. I got a really cheap quote from first central for £700 which i think is really good for first year!!

I think though they are a rubbish insurance company but fingers crossed ive had no bumps or accidents yet.

Perhaps it was so low as its classed as an old grannys car! :D

I dont personally see finance as a bad thing if tou have the money to pay it back?
My last car I took finance and have never had a single issue. My parents have only ever had financed cars and thats been yearsss.
you can normally get 0% interest or a very low interest rate.
I no its not for everyone but from experiance iv never had a single problem. I had two flat tyres at the side of the road and the aa came and fixed everything for free because the first year with ford is free. If I had a car id paid £1000 for that had broken down im sure my costs would be alot higher.
im obviously not saying to finance if you cant afford it .

I got a 2003 honda jazz and my details where car on street at home partner 2 kids social commuting and one place of work. I got a really cheap quote from first central for £700 which i think is really good for first year!!

I think though they are a rubbish insurance company but fingers crossed ive had no bumps or accidents yet.

Did u find it a squeeze with 2 kids? (Assuming they both needed car seats) my oh is afraid to go to small for this reason.

Did u find it a squeeze with 2 kids? (Assuming they both needed car seats) my oh is afraid to go to small for this reason.

No its actually really big for what it is!! Lots of legroom in the front and back i have Eden in her joies stages carseat and Skye in her highback booster and they fit just fine. Also the boot is HUGE .. can fit my oyster pram and full weeks shopping in lol. I mainly got it as its a reliable car and so far so good!

Its good for me and the kids but im not sure a mans man would like it .. but as the general family car i would say its great!

With 2 children you will be absolutely fine. Me and 2 kids fit in the micra fine. Its been a fab first car. Would keep it if I could!!!

Also, voiding insurance is not worth it. I dont like paying nearly 100 a month but if I didnt like it I wouldn't drive. My OH was nearly killed by a driver with void insurance it cause a few complication with the case grrr

Finance is not bad but id steer clear as a new driver thats all. X

Oh and safe areas do not always lower insurance. Depends on a frw factors. Apparently one factor on mine is the animals on the road!

I have an 07 ford focus 1.6. It's not cheap to run, its a heavy car with a relatively small engine so the mpg isn't that good. Tax is £125 every 6 months I think.

I can't wait to get rid of mine and get a diesel, i'm looking at meganes. £30 per year road tax and 60mpg :)

My insurance is with admiral and I pay £370 a year. I'm 23 but I've only been driving a year.

There are things you can do to lower your costs. I always put mine as MILs address (nicer area), where it says where will you park your car- street is the cheapest option, 3 door cars are cheaper to insure and surprisingly if you choose 'no immobilizer' this also lowers it. No dependent children (lets be honest- who is going to check) and the cheapest 'relationship status' is single. And as other people have said- add a parent on as a named driver.

Bell/elephant/admiral are all the same group and I've found them the cheapest :)

I had the megane as my last car and I loved it. The cheap tax always made me feel so smug when I had to pay it :haha: It did have a few electrical problems which was a pain (windows braking £100, key broke £350) but it was a great car and very powerful too for a diesel. I would still have it now if someone hadn't have run into me, but I got a scenic this time around.

Woah, I didn't say I did those things :wacko:

Just a long time before I got my car so I spent ages tinkering about on my insurance site finding the cheapest car/ insurance.

For the record my insurance is ligit :coolio:

I did a check out of curiosity and saying I had children didn't change it at all. The only thing that made a difference is saying my oh works as currently he's a sahd and I work. I don't drive but I will pay etc, but saying he was employed did make it cheaper but it was less then £100 off annual
We have our own drive and have found that cheaper to park there. Plus we live in a quite safe area. (Reflected in our rent

Might just be admiral then..

I wasn't suggesting you lied btw, just pointing out what i'd found when I was looking for insurance before I could drive.

You did specifically say you always put yours at MIL's, if that's the case your insurance can't be valid hun.

No its actually really big for what it is!! Lots of legroom in the front and back i have Eden in her joies stages carseat and Skye in her highback booster and they fit just fine. Also the boot is HUGE .. can fit my oyster pram and full weeks shopping in lol. I mainly got it as its a reliable car and so far so good!

Its good for me and the kids but im not sure a mans man would like it .. but as the general family car i would say its great!

Thanks I did get oh to consider it (tbh he has to im paying! ;)) but I dunno if I can afford to pay for the car, focus is much cheapet. At one point we were looking at the ceed. I wouldn't mind a brand new one. Finance doesn't scare me, I have had finance on my sofas which is now paid off, I just can't afford to pay for a car each month and ins and put money aside for the car payments. And petrol!
Right now we are considering
Focus
Leon
Jazz
Ceed
Megane (long shot tho.. I think oh is sold on either a focus or Leon)

Id get the focus but Jazz maybe cheaper insurance? My tax was 124 for 6mo yesterday :(

Id get the focus but Jazz maybe cheaper insurance? My tax was 124 for 6mo yesterday :(

Jazz cost more to buy.. Insurance wise there isn't much between these. We are now looking at an Ibiza now.. I got my bonus from work through which is now earmarked for car purchase!

We both drive and have our own cars but as we're late 20s and have both been driving for a number of years with no claims our insurance isn't too bad, though not great as we live in liverpool which has really high insurance prices. Tempting as it is to say I live with my parents (much cheaper postcode for insurance!) I could never take the risk of my insurance not being valid especially now we have dd. Our cars are a ford fusion and honda jazz and both fit 2 car seats in the back with no probs and I've fitted 2 prams in the jazz boot before now :) also I found adding oh as a named driver actually made my insurance cheaper, weird!

Just wanted to update that tonight oh is going to pick up our first car! Eek quite excited.. Might put up some lame car selfie up on Instagram lol!
We were offered a little bit more money so we were able to go to just over a grand and my oh found a Leon in really good nick mot till next year but tax runs out end of next month. It has really high mileage but my oh reckons the previous owner used that car as a commutor so should run really well even tho the mileage is high.

Insurance is 118 a month. Oh has his test in under 2 weeks so hopefully we will b on the road soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->