How does everyone do it?!

We have our second ford focus and find them pretty reasonably priced to run and find them to be very reliable *touchwood*!!!!

I've got a vauxhall agila which is pretty economical, it's got a good amount of space in it too. It's not a cool car at all but I don't care :rofl:

We used to have a Megane (until last month) and the tax on it was £30 per year. It was valued at £2300 (7 years old). I used to always gloat to my brother & mum about our cost of tax :haha:

We have our second ford focus and find them pretty reasonably priced to run and find them to be very reliable *touchwood*!!!!

Thanks, unsaid I brought a newer car this yr, is that the focus? Is your road tax £220 then? X

Thanks, unsaid I brought a newer car this yr, is that the focus? Is your road tax £220 then? X

Yeah it is but our engine is 1.8 for your first car I would really try and get a 1.4 or below (not sure if focuses go that low though) although something the size of a focus might be a bit sluggishly but definitely don't go higher than a 1.6 if you want to keep insurance and tax down. You can get an Eco version which is meant to be incredibly cheap to run x

Peugeot do a everything included but the fuel deal. So you get a brand new car, warranty, tax, insurance all for the price. which about 200-250 a month? Pricey but at least no hidden costs then. (although not sure how that would work with new drivers?).

I'm learning to drive and looking this up put me off too but my friend put her dad on the insurance even though he doesn't drive the car and it brought it down by loads, so that's worth looking into x

Peugeot do a everything included but the fuel deal. So you get a brand new car, warranty, tax, insurance all for the price. which about 200-250 a month? Pricey but at least no hidden costs then. (although not sure how that would work with new drivers?).
Yes we looked into this u need 2 yrs licence and 2yrs ncd.. :(

I have my mum and dad on my insurance as named drivers x

I live in a rural place and transport is hideous. I didnt pass until 2yrs ago and it was worth every penny. My insurance was 146pcm on a ford fiesta.
My insurance is still high now as I have just got a bug ford galaxy and its gone up to 94pcm again aghhhh tax is also 220 for year xx

Worth it though!

I have a brand new ford fiesta and pay £92 pm, at the end of 3 years I owe £5000 but basically you just get a new car every 3 years so you dont actually pay them the £5000 until you decide you dont want a car with them anymore (im sure il always be financing)
Road tax is £30 a year, I dont have to pay for mots and my insurance is £35pm

So for everything car related I pay £127pm and about 80-100 for petrol

Code:
I have a brand new ford fiesta and pay £92 pm, at the end of 3 years I owe £5000 but basically you just get a new car every 3 years so you dont actually pay them the £5000 until you decide you dont want a car with them anymore (im sure il always be financing)

Out of interest hun did you put a deposit down?

Code:

Yeh I put my old car down as deposit which was worth £2000 and I think there was a deal that they give you £500 towards the payments.
that was with arnold clark

Code:

Yeh I put my old car down as deposit which was worth £2000 and I think there was a deal that they give you £500 towards the payments.
that was with arnold clark

Thank you :)

When I have used compare the market it comes up with silly prices yet when I get a quote from individual company's they are a lot better price even thou they were in the compare the market :/

Me and oh are 23 and 22 and we are both on the insurance for 39 a month

I have an 07 ford focus 1.6. It's not cheap to run, its a heavy car with a relatively small engine so the mpg isn't that good. Tax is £125 every 6 months I think.

I can't wait to get rid of mine and get a diesel, i'm looking at meganes. £30 per year road tax and 60mpg :)

My insurance is with admiral and I pay £370 a year. I'm 23 but I've only been driving a year.

Bell/elephant/admiral are all the same group and I've found them the cheapest :)

I have an 07 ford focus 1.6. It's not cheap to run, its a heavy car with a relatively small engine so the mpg isn't that good. Tax is £125 every 6 months I think.

I can't wait to get rid of mine and get a diesel, i'm looking at meganes. £30 per year road tax and 60mpg :)

My insurance is with admiral and I pay £370 a year. I'm 23 but I've only been driving a year.

There are things you can do to lower your costs. I always put mine as MILs address (nicer area), where it says where will you park your car- street is the cheapest option, 3 door cars are cheaper to insure and surprisingly if you choose 'no immobilizer' this also lowers it. No dependent children (lets be honest- who is going to check) and the cheapest 'relationship status' is single. And as other people have said- add a parent on as a named driver.

Bell/elephant/admiral are all the same group and I've found them the cheapest :)

I wouldn't recommend lying to the insurance company. If you state you the car is kept at your MILs house and someone crashes into your car at your house, they will deem the insurance void. Also, if you state you have no dependants and you crash. You cannot claim for new car seats (why would you need them if you have no children?) Also, if they come to inspect the car & you have car seats in there, again they will void your insurance due to the information you provided was not accurate.

By stating you are single, if you are in a crash & your partner is in the car, they will find out as they will ask who was in the car, require witness statements etc.

There are things you can do to lower your costs. I always put mine as MILs address (nicer area), where it says where will you park your car- street is the cheapest option, 3 door cars are cheaper to insure and surprisingly if you choose 'no immobilizer' this also lowers it. No dependent children (lets be honest- who is going to check) and the cheapest 'relationship status' is single. And as other people have said- add a parent on as a named driver.

So you're advising people to commit fraud? What would happen if you were driving with your child in the car and there was an accident? Perhaps your child got injured - no way to keep that from the insurance company! So they'll find out, they'll realise you lied so your insurance could be invalidated meaning your car won't be fixed, your child's physio won't be covered and the other car you drove into and its passengers aren't covered by your insurance either. Really smart move this fraud malarkey! And that's not even getting into the fact that by lying but still being in a higher risk group due to your address, you are bumping up everybody else's insurance costs.

Steph your insurance is technically void, and it is fraud, I would seriously change it or delete that post. It's one thing to change your relationship status, but put the wrong address is really bad because you are paying a cheaper rate saying it is in a safer area than what it is, this will be incredibly easy for them to find out when you claim as you aren't registered as living there.

Also, being married is one of the cheapest options. And I would have thought dependents would bring down the cost as you're more likely to drive safer...? Only an assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->