How does testing on AF due date work when people have different cycle lengths?

kazine

Meatballs for Two!
Reaction score
Pretty much what I said in the subject. They say to wait 'til the day of missed AF to test but what if your LP is 10 days or 20 days?

I think thats a rule for people who have regular cycles that are the same every month?

It's just that my LP is 12 days and the average is 14 isn't it? So if they recommend people to test on day of missing AF does that mean people with shorter LPs shouldn't test 'til 14DPO?

*confused* :D

haha I don't know, but if you know your cycle, and you know when to expect AF then test that day? (i have no idea really - im a week late now and getting negatives so maybe i ovulated late who knows)

You test on the day you would normally get your period or the #days of your LP. So if your LP is about 10 days, then count 10 days from the day of O and test on that day ....If your LP fluctuates each month, try to test on the longest range of the LP. For example if your LP is around 9-13 days long, then I would wait until 13dpo to test....

The different cycle lengths are due to the time leading up to ovulation....that can vary each month if you are not regular. But as a general rule, your LP is the same every month (or is only of a day or so). For example, one month you can O on CD14 and have a 12 day LP. The next month you may O on CD20, but you will still have a 12 day LP.

I know that. I just mean like, if a person with a LP of 10 days tests on CD10 isn't that gonna be less of a chance of getting a BFP? Like just because they have a shorter LP doesn't mean that HCG will be in their blood by 10DPO ?

It will just depend on what day you implant on. If you implant on 6dpo, then you might get a bfp at 8dpo. If you implant on 10dpo, then you wouldn't get it until around 13dpo. How early the baby implants has nothing to do with the length of your LP. However, the longer the LP the better. 10 days and under you may want to talk to your RE....it may not be giving the little one time to implant tightly and produce enough hcg to prevent AF from starting since implantation occurs anywhere from 6dpo to 12dpo.

Popchick is right...it depends on the implantation day....so charting your BBT may help. I had an implantation dip on my chart at 7 dpo, I got a BFP at 10dpo. My LP (at that time...this was 4 years ago) was 11 days.

U might just not show up as positive on a hpt the day of missed af with a shorter lp and have to wait a week plus to get a pos. I think they mostly say wait till af because af showing obviously means ur not pregnant so wud be no use in testing, if that makes sense

I had this issue when I had a very short luteal phase. On average implantation happens around 9 dpo give or take a day. My luteal phase was 9-10 days for some time and I'd get a bfp and then my period on the same day- chemical pregnancy. I slowly lengthened my luteal phase and finally got sticky beans. It's not to say some ladies haven't implanted earlier and concieved with a short luteal phase but it lowers your chances for sure. Implantation isn't instant and can take a few days to complete.

So to answer your question on testing first response and clearblue easy base their claim to test on X day based on a 14 day luteal phase. This was from their help number I called when I was confused. So getting results up to 5 days before a missed period (frer) is based on a 14 day luteal phase as well. Hoping you get your bfp and happy holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->