How/How often do you clean your babies toys?

S

Serene123

I do Caitlyn's toys once a week in soapy water, and I sterillise the stuff I can. If they get dirty inbetween I just wipe them over with a bacterial wipe and leave them to dry :blush:

I wash this one little set of links that Bren loves to chew on in soapy water every so often, but aside from that I don't. My mother over sterilized EVERYTHING, and I was such a sick baby, so I am making an effort not to do the same. Germs are good to a point, it helps build his immune system.

i wash charlies with warm soapy water maybe once every 2 weeks i dont tend to do the bigger things as much though and i put his teethers in the steraliser maybe once a week now as samantha said germs are good to a point so i dont see the need in doing themm all the time now expecially now hes older xx

never. :blush: I washed things when we were at OH's mothers because she has a dog. But now that we are in our own place I dont. We have no pets and the house is cleaned on a daily basis (including floors).

I never done decs toys, dirt is good for babies!!!! Lol

Ive never done any of max's toys unless hes got food on them , but other then that im not worried :)

I'm a germophobic, so I disinfect wipe boxes, vaseline jars etc twice a day, diaper bag after every time it's been used....

I clean toys every other weeks in a bleach-water mix and I wash lots of things in the dishwasher as well + washer.

I know, I'm nuts!

No I'm the same, every time I change her nappy I use antibacterial handwash before and after hahaha! and wipe over the changing mat. People think I'm crazy!

No I'm the same, every time I change her nappy I use antibacterial handwash before and after hahaha! and wipe over the changing mat. People think I'm crazy!

Glad to see I'm not the only one!!!! I've watched a show the other day about bacteria & germs in the house... They showed how much germs and bacteria there is on door handles, tv remotes, kitchen cupboards handles etc, bathroom, baby changing stuff... It's so gross!!!!

Most people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, they sneeze in their hands... eww. :sick::sick:

Sorry if anyone does this, but I think it's SO gross when people put dirty dishes in the sink full of dirty water! That's my number one pet peeve! Totally gross! :sick:

Sorry if anyone does this, but I think it's SO gross when people put dirty dishes in the sink full of dirty water! That's my number one pet peeve! Totally gross! :sick:

I know... Or I see some people cooking, they touch raw meat and don't wash their hands after and touch everything around the kitchen... Or put food on the counter and don't disinfect after and they put some knives and fork on there... Omg.

In my case I'm a bit extreme with clean things, and find it very hard to go to other peoples house for dinner etc, but when you think about that... it's gross!!!

:shock: I hate touching raw meat full stop, let alone not washing my hands after!

Glad to see I'm not the only one!!!! I've watched a show the other day about bacteria & germs in the house... They showed how much germs and bacteria there is on door handles, tv remotes, kitchen cupboards handles etc, bathroom, baby changing stuff... It's so gross!!!!

Most people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, they sneeze in their hands... eww. :sick::sick:

My God i thought i was the only one!...i get laughed at for this...

Im not alone :happydance: xx

i too am a complete clean freak, in fact i may love milton more than james :rofl:!! he he! i sterilise everything after use, using milton solution. most things ok into the cold water steriliser and i am constantly anti-bac-ing everything! i even clean and milton my pram (including the wheels) car seat etc after use. i no i'm completely obsessed! x

with regards to what jess was saying, i no how you feel, its like the phone that harbours so much bacteria! :sick: i milton them too :blush:

LOL.. I'm not a germophobe and I hate this! It's like a big sink of dirty water, I dont understand why people would think that gets your dishes clean. eww.
I also hate taking baths. Even if I run some bath water to take a bath, I take a shower afterwards. I cannot wait until Colton is big enough to take showers (He's already taken one with me and liked it okay). I think baths are just sitting in a big tub of your own dirt! eww.

If they need doing!!

Baby has to come immune to these things - my home is clean we're not mingers etc and I'm sure your not meaning baby =fine! :D

Dummies teethers etc were a diff matter and now I just do her dummies in hot water not sterilising or boiling!

I also hate taking baths. Even if I run some bath water to take a bath, I take a shower afterwards. I cannot wait until Colton is big enough to take showers (He's already taken one with me and liked it okay). I think baths are just sitting in a big tub of your own dirt! eww.

I do this, the kids have showers and baths but when they a bath i make them stand up and pour a bucket of clean water over them just before they get out, I always get a shower after bath, thats why i hardly ever have a bath!!

To OP , when needed e.g covered in food etc
Just used to put teethers in some hop soapy water c

I only wash toys if they get food or something visable/sticky on!! Sometimes I can have given noah his toast and when I've cleaned afterwards I've missed a bit - he comes walking in the living room eating a bit of toast that he's dropped on the floor!!:dohh:

I'm obsessed with hand washing - whatever I do I always wash my hands after. I'll wash my hands then maybe do something like wipe my surfaces with a clean cloth then I'll wash my hands. I'll wash my hands after I've wiped noah's high chair out!! My OH thinks i'm a little odd!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->