How/How often do you clean your babies toys?

Im very hygienic.. always washing my hands, can't stand preparing any food (meat especially) without washing my hands between each dirty thing - mainly if it's eggs or chicken etc! yuck. Putting plates in a dirty sink of water makes me feel ill too, when I wash up I have to have the tap running. I know it uses more water, but I don't like washing plates in the dirty water.

With Bethanie's dummies/teethers - used to cold water sterilise them whenever she didn't have them. Same with all her other little toys.
Bath toys - Milton them every few months
Random toys - don't clean them a lot, but I will wipe them with a baby wipe or milton one every so often. I don't let Bethanie eat whilst playing with toys, so they stay pretty clean.
With change mat etc, im really fussy.. I have to wipe it!

Try not to be TOO fussy about it, some germs are good!

No I'm the same, every time I change her nappy I use antibacterial handwash before and after hahaha! and wipe over the changing mat. People think I'm crazy!

nothing wrong with keeping nappy related things clean! thats where the worst germies spread from.

while my little man isn't old enough to get around and play with toys yet, i keep the things he's exposed to as clean as possible - which is basically me, his bed, his change mat and his clothes. As he gets bigger and gets around more, i'll probaby milton his toys every other week - or as someone else suggested, put them in the dish washer if possible.

i wont fret about it though and i'll make sure he gets to eat dirt at the park to strengthen his immune system!!!

i cnt believe how germ-phobic ome of you are (i'm being light hearted not itchy). obviously i wash my hands after the loo and after touching meat etc, but thats just normal. hahaha what happens when your LOs get to the mud pie and eating grass stage!?

i wash them if they need doing i used to always steralise his dummys i dont see the point of sterilising and washing everything constently like tinytoes said what about when they start eating mud etc germs are good for babys build there immune system up

i must say though i do wash my hands after the loo and when dealing with raw meat i hate the feel of it and have to use boiling hot water just so i o my hands aint slimy eww

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->