How is your partner reponding to this pregnancy?

2ducks

Reaction score
This is my first ever BFP/pregnancy, it took 15 months and we are both thrilled! I got my BFP at 11dpo and immediately my partner started googling pregnancy stuff. It's great that he is so excited and involved but he is second guessing everything I do like "is it safe to exercise?" "Are you sure?". "Don't you need to eat extra calories?" this was at 4 weeks. I didn't wash our home grown non-pesticide snow peas before eating and he scolded me saying "you need to wash those, you're pregnant!" My favorite was when he marched in the living room looking really concerned and said "do you know you need extra folic acid?"

Can anyone else empathize??

He sounds so sweet! My husband was like that with my last pregnancy. We had been trying for about a year and he was so excited. Couldn't wait to feel the baby kick (was feeling my tummy at 5 weeks lol). Then we found out it was identical twins and he was searching for matching outfits and searching for baby names.

This time he's excited too but less googling as he thinks he knows how the pregnancy will go. I've told him not every pregnancy is the same (especially as last time it was twins). He has been talking non stop since I told him about how our boys will be great big brothers and he wants a baby girl, but will be okay if it's another boy too as he has great fun with our boys. He's like a giddy 6 year old, lol

He sounds sweet but I can see how it can be a bit annoying! My dh asked if i "needed" the last ice cream when I was only 5 weeks and he keeps buying fruit and things for me because "i need healthy food" but I just can't stomach much other than startchy carbs at the moment!

How funny! It's great that he's so sweet and concerned. <3

My DH is happy and supportive, but he doesn't really worry about that stuff. This is my third pregnancy, and I'm a compulsive researcher. He knows I've got this handled. LOL. He supports me by making sure I'm able to rest when needed, catering to my cravings, and patiently handling any pregnancy induced emotional outbursts. Heh.

My 13-year-old daughter, on the other hand, sounds very much like your husband. She has been doing lots of research on her own. She doesn't want me outside in the evening because of the mosquitos and the risk of Zika. (We are in Tennessee, so it's not exactly an epidemic here, but she's so paranoid.) She constantly asks me if things are safe or okay for me to be doing. She told me to be careful eating spicy foods because she read that they can trigger labor. Lol. She also hugs my stomach more than she hugs me at this point. She's really sweet and I'm allowing her to fret as much as she wants, because I think it's adorable that she's so involved and concerned. :)

He is super laid back.. he doesn't really make a fuss of things. He has mentioned when he's heard names he likes.. but I don't think it's real to him this time yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->