How long are you working up to ....

TRINITY25_99

Mom of beautiful Caitlyn
Reaction score
Just want to get an idea from the rest of you ladies how long are you working up to before your due date? I am kinda at a loss, not sure if I should take a week off before my due date just to make sure all is in order and rest up before baby arrives, or if I should work right through to as long as I can ... :shrug:

I finished at 36+5, but really wanted to work another week but my employer pretty much refused and said she'd start me on compulsory mat leave!

I finish at 38 +1 hopefully she is not early!

My firt week is holiday and then I start maternity leave.

I plan to leave when I'm 38+2 taking 1 weeks holiday before my official due date.

I'm saving back 2 weeks holiday though just in case I need to leave earlier.

With DS1 I worked til my due date. With the next 2 I worked til a week before due date. I will work til that sort of time all being well this time too.

I will be done on March 1st which will make me right at 34 weeks.

I have 3 weeks holidays, I was going to take speratic days (Friday's) for 1 week, and the other 2 weeks I was going to use before my due date ... it was an idea. But then I got to thinking, what if the baby is late? LOL ... Being a first time Mom is crazy crazy, because I don't know what to expect :) Having you ladies tell me what you plan on doing or what you have done helps me alot.

I'm planning on finishing at 34 weeks. I was a month early and so I want plenty of time to get stuff ready just incase Snowy is early as well.

I'm planning on finishing at 34 weeks. I was a month early and so I want plenty of time to get stuff ready just incase Snowy is early as well.

I'll finish at 33 weeks. I am ready as well. So tired all the time and my back is hurting a lot, so find it difficult to do the long drives etc

Last time I worked til a week before my due date. This time I'm aiming to work up until my due date so I can have as much time as possible off with my baby xx

I finished at 38 weeks. This is my 2nd day of maternity leave and I'm wondering if I should have just worked until I was in labor like the first time. My toddler is driving me insane. I think it'd be much more relaxing to be at work. We are trying to use this time to finish up things we never got around to yet, so that's good at least.

Being a teacher I finish in early June and will be off until the baby arrives in mid July, I am very lucky in that regard.

When I was working (pre-children), I worked up until 1st August when I was pg with DD, and my due date was 7th September.

So about, what, 36 weeks? 35 weeks? Something like that.

I am self employed, running my own business with my Husband so will be working right up until my Labour starts!

My Hubby with then have around 2-3 days off with me and will then go back to work. I will return when I feel able to (depending on how Labour goes etc).

Neither of us will really get much time off but the good thing is that we run a Dog Walking Company and work together so bubba will be coming on some of the walks with us.

I work up until I need to drive myself to the hospital. Both times I went into labor at work, the first time my water broke on the job. I'd rather give my time to the baby than use it for myself. I also live in the States and only get 6 weeks paid (but I take three months). If I got an entire year off, I would probably take a week or so before my due date. I should say that I have never made it to my due date!

I plan to take a couple weeks off before my due date, depending what vacation and banked time I have saved up. Want to save most of my leave time for after bb is here (get 52 weeks total) so will probably take a week of that and whatever other saved time I have for before. My boss has been really good, said I can work some OT/weekends to bank up some time so I can go on leave a bit earlier.

I want to leave at 37 weeks then use 2 weeks hols & start maternity at week 39 but we shall see what work agrees to

X x

I was going to work up until my due date, but LO had other ideas and arrived at 38 weeks, so I went into labour at work :)

Lol I'm a secondary school teacher so am imagining the kids' horror if I went into labour at work! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->