how long did u or will u wait before getting pregnant again?

Lina, I'm going to have another c-section. Already spoke with my doctor. We'll start TTC at the end of May. Wow. SO so so soon...but it could take months/years for me to get pregnant again. I'm not a spring chicken (but I did fall pregnant first week trying last time--don't think that is indicative of future though).

I'm going to wait 18 months minimum to give my body time to heal :) My first 2 were vaginal births.

we are starting to try again now, my baby is 5 months old and we want them close together :) it took us 23 cycles to conceive LO so we are hoping to fall pregnant quickly this time :)

I got pg 9 months after my EMCS and I planned an HBAC with no opposition from my MW's they in fact encouraged it(the OB was a different story so I didnt go back to see them).

I ended up transffering to hospital at 10cm after some blood loss concerns but vaginally birthed DS2 under my own steam with no complications and without a single tear.

No fuss no problems, having them only 17 months apart.

Thank u ladies for ur answers its intresting hw different docs say yes to vback or no and how different it varies on how long to wait im only 3 weeks pp but want a nother baby alredy x

In the UK you cannot be told you are not allowed to VBAC.

You can VBAC no matter what your OB tells you.

Mine said you do know it is dangerous? to which I replied it was safer than a repeat CS and I was aware of the risks AND benfots and I never went back to see him again.

It probably is better to wait a little longer after a CS, I certainly wouldnt recommend getting pg within a couple months but so long as your not over doing things theres no reason another pregnancy would be endangered.

thanks chuck - maybe i could ask to be induced early? and monitered would tht reduce risk of all the rupturing stuf?

thanks chuck - maybe i could ask to be induced early? and monitered would tht reduce risk of all the rupturing stuf?

From what I've read induction is more risky than going into labour naturally. The most recent data suggests a risk of 21 in 10000 for uterine rupture in women who've had a csection previously. I believe the risk is highest if you get pregnant within 6 months of your section (hmmm technically I might be guilty of this... but hoping for HBAC or VBAC in water.)

Probably heard all this before but we were advised not to TTC until Jessamy was a year old cause should be fully healed by then and unless medical emergency we've also been told I won't be induced again (like last time) because of the risk of rupture.
Exactly what I want tbh, only newly pregnant but planning to refuse induction this time round if possible and TRY and have a natural birth damnit haha!
Hope this helps x

Probably heard all this before but we were advised not to TTC until Jessamy was a year old cause should be fully healed by then and unless medical emergency we've also been told I won't be induced again (like last time) because of the risk of rupture.
Exactly what I want tbh, only newly pregnant but planning to refuse induction this time round if possible and TRY and have a natural birth damnit haha!
Hope this helps x

We you advised to wait b/c you don't want a section? Thanks.

We you advised to wait b/c you don't want a section? Thanks.

Nope, they said it was best practice to wait regardless. To ensure full healing of scar etc.
I think they may have meant a min of a 12 month the gap? I may have got it wrong.

Thanks. We want to start trying soon b/c of my age and my DH's age. We're getting up there in baby-making years, lol. We'll see. THank you again!

I had my 6 week on Thursday, asked my dr about trying again. She said they recommend 3 months, and as long as you've healed well, you shouldn't have any problems xx

I had my 6 week on Thursday, asked my dr about trying again. She said they recommend 3 months, and as long as you've healed well, you shouldn't have any problems xx

That's probably what mine meant - gives about a 12 mth age gap :)

However much we want another, I imagine we'll wait a little longer. We still need to find out what happened to Joshua, and the chances of it happening again, and take time to work through our grief. However much I long to have a baby in my arms, at the moment it's Joshua that I long to hold :( xx

I wish to wait about 10 years....seriously! It wasnt that bad but i went through all of it alone so my son won't have a sibiling till hes about 10 or 13 maybe! I want to get married before my next one.

I wish to wait about 10 years....seriously! It wasnt that bad but i went through all of it alone so my son won't have a sibiling till hes about 10 or 13 maybe! I want to get married before my next one.

I said that for about 6 weeks after Jess was born Hehe :)

However much we want another, I imagine we'll wait a little longer. We still need to find out what happened to Joshua, and the chances of it happening again, and take time to work through our grief. However much I long to have a baby in my arms, at the moment it's Joshua that I long to hold :( xx

:hugs: Thinking of you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"