how long did u or will u wait before getting pregnant again?

youngwife20

Reaction score
Hi ladies i had my 9lb 5 baby 4 days ago via emc due to waters breaking more than 48hours before she was born failed induction didnt dialate passed 6cm and baby couldnt fit to make her way out. This sort of labour was a complete shock for me! I asumed id have a natural labour bounce back and be pregnant again very quickly but now ive had a section i know tthings are different and our plans will have to change..

How long will you or did you wait before falling pregnant again?
What made you wait that time?
How was your pregnancy those who have alredy got pregnant after section is there more checkups and apointments ? X

Congrats on your new baby ~ I remember you from 3rd tri :flower:

I have a very small 14 month gap between my DD1 & DD2...:baby::baby:

No real extra care during pregnancy & I did find being pregnant with a small baby very hard going

Personally, I wouldnt recommend such a small gap, mayby ttc when LO is around 1 year old would be better, only talking from my experience though :winkwink:

We plan on starting to try to get pregnant at the end of the year when our princess is around 18/19 months old :)

We were ntnp from when ds was 5/6 months, got pregnant straight away, bit of a surprise after taking 18 months to get preg with him! I am so exhausted, in a way I regret not taking precautions, but they will be close! And I guess less jealousy. Was surprised not to get a telling off from midwife! Was told I wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last :)

I had my first 3 months ago by Emergency c section - if it was just up to me we'd be trying again now! Hubby wants to wait until LO is 1 but im hoping we can bring it forward a bit... the doc at my 8 week check up said they advise not to TTC again for at least 3/4 months after, however the doc at the hosp said 2 years!!! So i would say you dont have to wait any longer than you might have done if you had a normal birth... i dont think there will be more appointments 2nd time round, apparently if there is any chance of anything being wrong though ie. high or low blood pressure, bleeding etc you wont be given the option of a VBAC and will have to have another c section and you're monitored more during labour but fingers crossed if the 2nd pregnancy goes well you can try for a VBAC if you'd like one x

Kelly! Thank u! And i remember u too!

Thanks ladies! What was ur labours after c section like?

And i wud like to try vbac and i dnt mind being monitored i wud have minded before i had a section lol xx

my LO is 7 months now, think we're going to TTc when he's a year old

I was told to wait a year before ttc but have known women who waited as little as 3 months. The risks are greater if you conceive less than 6 months but only slightly. If you are wanting a VBAC your chances will be greater the longer you wait and I understand that with the rarely performed vertical sections medical advice is to wait 3 years which is what we will be doing not because I had such but because I want to give myself the best possible chance of a vbac.

I was told "No babies for 18 months" so we will be abiding by that rule. We were going to TTC when baby was 18 months but because I desperately want a VBAC we might wait until he's 2 years old to start trying again. This also gives me plenty of time to lose a lot of weight :thumbup:

Thanks ladies becooz we have had sections r we instantly high risk pregnancy?

Thanks ladies becooz we have had sections r we instantly high risk pregnancy?

Unfortunately yes, you will probably see a consultant at your booking appointment who depending on hospital policy will try to persuade you into a certain direction but ultimately the choice is yours on the method of birth you desire.

I was told that my children had to be at least 2 years apart. I could become pregnant only when my first child was 14months or older.

congratulations :dance: :happydance:
I do not plan on ever being pregnant again so I cannot give you much advice although I have a friend who has had two section and she had two babies under two so I guess they did not wait very long and it did not hurt for her to DTD or anything and she said both sections were in her own words "Fantastic"

I got pregnant when DD was 18 months. I was told to wait around 18 month- 2 years. I think it depends on the doctor though.

My doctor told me that I could start trying almost immediately. He said that we could start trying before our DS was 6 months if we wanted to which is when we plan to start trying again. I really want my children close in age.

Like a PP said, I think it depends on the doctor. My doctor did tell me though that I will have to have a c section for all births though because of risk of uterine rupture. I struggled with this for a bit since I really wanted a natural birth but it just wasn't in the cards. I had an emergency c section with our DS.

My doctor told me that I could start trying almost immediately. He said that we could start trying before our DS was 6 months if we wanted to which is when we plan to start trying again. I really want my children close in age.

Like a PP said, I think it depends on the doctor. My doctor did tell me though that I will have to have a c section for all births though because of risk of uterine rupture. I struggled with this for a bit since I really wanted a natural birth but it just wasn't in the cards. I had an emergency c section with our DS.

Just want to add that the risk of uterine rupture is incredibly low at 0.07%.

Lina,

Does that mean I can start trying right away, like now:rofl:? B/c DH WILL BE THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lina,

Does that mean I can start trying right away, like now:rofl:? B/c DH WILL BE THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I wasn't even dtd at your LO's age.:rofl:
Some do successfully but I would wait at least 6 months to give yourself best chance of VBAC.

I was told 3 months, i was given the option of vbac.. ages in my ticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->