• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long did you push for?

Almost 7 hours!! (of a 35hour labour).
This was before I was finally taken to theatre for an emergency c-section, however doctor managed to get the little rascal out with forceps on one last attempt before Anaethetist prepared me for section!
However, I dont think the hospital should have let me go so long as I overheard a senior midwife say to the midwife that was with me the whole time, "doctor wants a report written up as to why on earth that all happened....".
At the time I was too happy with my bundle of joy to query this but often think about it now and wonder what stupid mistakes they made!

On my notes it said 50 mins, and i couldnt believe it. It honestly felt like 10 minutes it just flew by. It was a lot easier than i thought it was going to be i still think it was shorter than that:haha:xx

On my notes it said 2hrs and around 15 mins but I'm sure it was longer. It felt like forever. :wacko: I felt like my pushing stage was longer than the rest of it. But it wasn't.
:blush:

But due to baby being okay and the midwives at the maternity unit being lovely they didn't go to any interventions.

I didn't realise the water not breaking could be a factor in the pushing stage taking so long. Why do waters sometimes not break? mine were broken for me towards the end. Also wondering, do the waters not breaking keep baby safer/calmer in labour? Sorry for stupid questions. :blush:

The midwife kept telling me to PUUUUUSH and push harder and telling me there was a "u-bend" i needed to get the baby round. After all that "breathe your baby out" and "your body takes over and knows whatit's doing" stuff I was SOOOOO confused. "U-BEND?!?!?! WTF!?!?!" :growlmad: Why do I have a u-bend? :shrug::blush:

3 hrs 20 mins :cry: she was back to back and nose first but they didn't help me get her out - just kept telling me to push harder!! I was sooooooo tired :sleep: Hoping for quicker this time xx

1 hour - felt like a lot longer. For me, the worst part of my labour was pushing. It hurt A LOT!!!

I think it was about half an hour but its all a bit of a blur now from when the labour started!! xx

nearly 3 hours, River heart rate kept dropping at the end and was staying down longer then they would have liked :( but thankfully under the threat of a csection she came out 15 minutes after they said csection which coincidently is how long it took to prep theatre

I only pushed through 3 sets of contractions.....maybe 10min? guess i was just lucky! :)

With my first I pushed about 10min. With my 3rd I pushed with one contraction. 2nd was a c-section

3 hrs 20 mins :cry: she was back to back and nose first but they didn't help me get her out - just kept telling me to push harder!! I was sooooooo tired :sleep: Hoping for quicker this time xx

My nurse after 2 and half hours asked me what would motivate me to push him out!!! I just cried. Looking back now I would have loved to say "yes, the problem is I am not MOTIVATED enough to get this baby out of my birth canal." :dohh:

20 minutes, with an epidural. I had a lot of pushes though because I could only do short ones; they mentioned forceps because my blood pressure was dropping but I gave it all I had and got her out in a couple more pushes.

Difficult to tell how long I was pushing for really as I got a really strong urge to push about an hour and a half before she was born but I was told I couldnt have because I'd only been in the hospital 45 minutes and in labour for an hour. Pfft. Every contraction after that gave me the overwhelming urge to push harder and I spent the whole time apologising for pushing lol. Turns out Evie's head was stuck against my pubic bone so I'm pretty sure that if she hadnt have been stuck, I'd have popped her out ALOT quicker!

First child 10 minutes.
Second child 45 minutes
third 1 half hours

Two very stubborn boys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama