• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long did you push for?

I was only let push for 2 hours and then given a c section- big baba and back to back.

Wow Im surprised they only let u go 2 hours (unless there is other medical reasons)...

Alessa was fairly big (8 lb 10 oz) and was back to back and they let me go over 3. They did have that thing screwed into her head to watch her heart rate and ended up using the vacuum but ya O_O

I thought it was just standard procedure at my hosp?? I was classed as high risk and at risk of haemorrhaging so these maybe factors why. By the end of the 2 hours my urge to push had completely gone due to the epidural anyway. But then when they unhooked it on the way to theatre they came back with avengence and I thought I was going to deliver her in the corrider. She must have come further down as have vague recollections of her being pushed back up so get a bit miffed that I might have been able to deliver her myself then - would have been preferable to the 5 hours in theatre sorting out my bladder that they'd cut!

I was only let push for 2 hours and then given a c section- big baba and back to back.

Wow Im surprised they only let u go 2 hours (unless there is other medical reasons)...

Alessa was fairly big (8 lb 10 oz) and was back to back and they let me go over 3. They did have that thing screwed into her head to watch her heart rate and ended up using the vacuum but ya O_O

I thought it was just standard procedure at my hosp?? I was classed as high risk and at risk of haemorrhaging so these maybe factors why. By the end of the 2 hours my urge to push had completely gone due to the epidural anyway. But then when they unhooked it on the way to theatre they came back with avengence and I thought I was going to deliver her in the corrider. She must have come further down as have vague recollections of her being pushed back up so get a bit miffed that I might have been able to deliver her myself then - would have been preferable to the 5 hours in theatre sorting out my bladder that they'd cut!

Wow O_O. TBH I probably should have had a c section at that point too...I was high risk and I DID hemorrhage afterward so maybe that's why they take the extra precaution at your hospital.

:hugs: Would suck being in that situation though

I pushed for two and a half hours to get Xavier out! After two hours, I had an episiotomy.

Wow O_O. TBH I probably should have had a c section at that point too...I was high risk and I DID hemorrhage afterward so maybe that's why they take the extra precaution at your hospital.

Wasn't the best situation to have my lo but lots of women go through a lot worse- I was just grateful that my lo was ok. I'm sure I remember from 3rd tri that your situation was a lot more traumatic as alessa was poorly:kiss:

15 minutes. I count myself very lucky as I was terrified of pushing. I just did exactly what the MW said!

Wasn't the best situation to have my lo but lots of women go through a lot worse- I was just grateful that my lo was ok. I'm sure I remember from 3rd tri that your situation was a lot more traumatic as alessa was poorly:kiss:

Out here I was told 4 hours is about the maximum (at least here in Canada). I pushed 4 hours & 7 minutes but he got stuck with his head out in the last few minutes and a C section was not possible.

3 hours of a 7 hour labour! in the end i was begging them just to pull him out, but apparently I was doing really well! It didnt feel like it, in the end he came out... I then had to push out the placenta as it was barely still attached to the cord and they didn't want it to rip off otherwise I would have had to have gone to theatre, and that took 10mins to push out, exhausted is not the word..

oh and i had just had pethadine, nothing else...

Hi hun, I think I pushed for about an hour before my DD was born. I had gas and air. I didn't feel tired after having her either.

4-5 hours back 2 back and head tilted so her fod came out first no pain relife :D

Out here I was told 4 hours is about the maximum (at least here in Canada). I pushed 4 hours & 7 minutes but he got stuck with his head out in the last few minutes and a C section was not possible.

That must have been so scary!:flower:

TBH I was so doped up and exhausted after 3 full days that I didn't know what the heck was going on, although I remember begging for a C section. Reading about his condition after is quite traumatizing but at the time... no clue! Thanks :flower:

4-5 hours back 2 back and head tilted so her fod came out first no pain relife :D

Goodness you must have a high pain threshold!

i havent realy i cry if oh grabs my cheeks haha i loved evey min of it had her on a birthing stool would do it agen it was great i had 14 stitches aswel. it got 2 the point were i cuddnt go but when she mentioned the doc was on his was he will be here in 5 mins izzy was here within 2 hehe:haha:

they let me push for 3 mins then decided it was too risky and he was delivered using gas & air with forceps tbh i think the 3 mins was the time they took to get everything ready for the epistomy xx

TBH I was so doped up and exhausted after 3 full days that I didn't know what the heck was going on, although I remember begging for a C section. Reading about his condition after is quite traumatizing but at the time... no clue! Thanks :flower:

Poor little man! I remember that doped up feeling well- they could have done anything to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->