how long did you push

i just gave birth on monday to my first baby.
it took me about 30 mins i think. the clock was the last thing on my mind!
I had a waterbirth and felt gravity helped bring the baby down faster

WOW!! Was the waterbirth amazing? I'd love to have one of them but I live in Ireland and the idea isnt supported here :growlmad:

WOW!! Was the waterbirth amazing? I'd love to have one of them but I live in Ireland and the idea isnt supported here :growlmad:

i felt like it would be so much more chilled and it was amazing. i was so much more comfortable moving about and the warm water soothed my whole body

I know same here in Canada:growlmad: They let us labour in water but not push in it...boooo

First baby: 3 pushes, less than 5 minutes. He came out head and body all on the last push. I never crowned.

almost an hour i think but it only felt like 5 minutes but im not sure if thats because i didnt realise my body was already pushing so it was probably timed from then :shrug:

I started to push for about 20 minutes then I had to wait for about half an hour till she came down herself. Then I pushed for about an hour but I ended up having to have forceps because of fetal distress.

Over two hours (can't remember how long) but he ended up being forceps because they needed him out. God knows how long it would have been without! :wacko:

i pushed for 7 mins! I had an epidural so I wasnt able to feel anything at all...pretty surreal but 100% pain free

3hours 17mins ended with emergency episiotomy to turn her (she was facing the wrong way with her head stuck and a short umbilical cord) and ventuose - 2 pushes after they'd turned her and she was out :thumbup: felt more like half an hour and did hypnobirthing, was amazing. Hoping for a home waterbirth next time around :)

With my first I pushed for about 20 mins. It felt a lot quicker to me though.

With my second it was recorded as 30 seconds. :haha: I pushed twice and he was out but I think he could have been on his way down for several minutes because I was laying there freaking out with massive pain in my hips before anyone told me I could push.

First baby so I expected it to last hours but two pushes and he was out so maybe 3/4 minutes at the most.

ummm... about a minute. He came in one contraction!!! They didnt catch him, he flew onto the bed. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->