• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long did you push

I pushed nearly 3 hours with my first! My second i had a homebirth and was on my birthing ball and dropped to my knees then suddenly needed to push and 3 pushes and baby was out id say 5 mins max!
Never push lying down if you can help it ..its a killer! :wacko:

30 minutes or so after I reached full dilation and was told to start pushing. Labor itself was 24 hours though.

I always assumed the pain would be worst as the baby was coming out but, to my surprise, that is not the case. The worst pain is caused by the contractions! Not by the baby as he's coming out.

I recently found a research paper that stated that there is a gene that either protects people from experiencing a [very] painful labor, or not. People who have this gene are thought to be the ones who get to the hospital last minute (i.e. already dilated and ready to push). Those who are heterozygous for it, have it so-so. And those who lack the gene altogether can expect to have extremely painful contractions.

I assume I am the latter, since my contractions became very painful within a very short time, but thankfully the epidural did the trick. You should definintely ask for one if the pain of the contractions becomes unbearable.

I know some women frown upon pain relief but that's because they're unaware of the fact that people do not experience the same amount or level of pain during contractions, as proven now by science. If I had had a remotely tolerable level of pain, I would have gone without it, too.

Good luck!

About 2 hours :nope: I was induced though..had lots of meds and LO's head was twisted the wrong way slightly so he got stuck :blush:

12 minutes pushing, total official labour time was 1hr 56 minutes.

Oh, and throwing up for the entire time!!

Around 4 hours, after that I had to have forceps delivery as she got stuck =[

It says 2 mins in my notes, but i'm sure i was doing little pushes before that. I reckon about 10 mins - still short (second baby)

first was a forceps delivery

8 minutes for me, I read in my notes but it felt literally seconds - was very fast!

First time mummy here too

With my son I was pushing for about 40/50 mins, felt like a lifetime... With my daughter just 4 mins according to my notes. x

With Jaymee i started pushing at 1:20 she was born at 1:50 so a half hour and with Katherine in my notes they have my pushing as 1 minute started pushing at 1:35 she was born at 1:36 she was in distress as well as was born in one Big Push. as FOB says if there hadnt been the cord and the doctor to catch her she would of flew off the bed.

Over 3 1/2 hours :wacko: she wouldn't descend and I was beyond exhausted so they tried forceps, then had EMCS. My pelvis was too narrow

30 minutes or so after I reached full dilation and was told to start pushing. Labor itself was 24 hours though.

I always assumed the pain would be worst as the baby was coming out but, to my surprise, that is not the case. The worst pain is caused by the contractions! Not by the baby as he's coming out.

I recently found a research paper that stated that there is a gene that either protects people from experiencing a [very] painful labor, or not. People who have this gene are thought to be the ones who get to the hospital last minute (i.e. already dilated and ready to push). Those who are heterozygous for it, have it so-so. And those who lack the gene altogether can expect to have extremely painful contractions.

I assume I am the latter, since my contractions became very painful within a very short time, but thankfully the epidural did the trick. You should definintely ask for one if the pain of the contractions becomes unbearable.

I know some women frown upon pain relief but that's because they're unaware of the fact that people do not experience the same amount or level of pain during contractions, as proven now by science. If I had had a remotely tolerable level of pain, I would have gone without it, too.

Good luck!

Good to know about the gene thing ! thanks.
I agree with you about the tolerable level of pain. I hope to have a water birth with gas and air only but i am open to the epidural and air birth if the pain becomes unbearable ;)

If you are anemic or have low iron count, it makes labor more painful!!!
Iron carries oxygen. Ogygen is very important for the uterus to contract. So it makes labor more painful because there is less iron, thus less oxygen getting to the placenta and uterus
Also fear plays a MAJOR factor in it! They examed placentas and uteri from multiple women. The ones who had levels of fear about childbirth, their placentas where almost white, which indicated less oxygen, and less oxygen = more pain....so it would be interesting to see , is really genetic or is that fear of labor tends to run in families as do low iron....interesting either ways but there are lots of things that can increase pain!

:shrug: I had emergency forceps. It was all over in 14minutes.

4 hours for me. TBH it flew past in a never ending way.:haha:

With my first it took an hour, with my second it took 3 pushes she was out in minutes lol. I think it was the raspberry leaf tea :) xx

I was pushing for about 2 hours 15 mins. For me the pushing was the worst pain, but that spurred me on lol :haha: and that might have been because I wasn't allowed the gas and air as it was stopping me from pushing effectively. i have a tilted cervix and LO took a while making his way through my wonky plumbing :rofl:

I was pushing for about 1/2 minutes. Waters broke and he came out in about 2 pushes, although it seemed my body was just doing one long continual push!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->