How long do you wait before ringing your Dr?

~Krissy~

Reaction score
My cycles are on average, 29 days. I will randomly have some as short as 26 days and about once a year I will have 1 that is 35 days. Tomorrow will be cd 37 and officially the longest cycle I've ever had since I started tracking it around 18 years ago. How long do you wait it out? Do you let your doctor know something is up right away or keep waiting? I have done some hpt. First one was done on CD32 and had a gray line (FRER). Second one was done on CD35 and it was BFN (also FRER). This is my first time being in this position and I'm torn on just continuing to wait versus ringing the doctor about it. I don't know what the norm is in this situation.

I bug my doctor all the time. My period isn’t even late (I’ve been irregular 24-34 days) and I emailed her today about it/my bcp. Worst case, you’ll get the we don’t worry until you’re 2-3 months no period response but you’ll feel better that you asked. You can ask for a blood test, but they will probably say no. Esp nowadays with trying to keep people out of the labs. Did you track your ovulation?

Thanks for the reply! I'll give my doctor a call on Monday if my period is still missing. My BBs have started to hurt some today. Could easily mean AF is on the way soon or pregnancy or other hormonal issues. I get soreness a lot after ovulation to AF time as well as during pregnancy so it's never a sure symptom of either for me. Having zero answers is annoying but trying to be patient.

My periods are similar to yours, so I started tracking my bbt in college because I was tired of being scared I was pregnant every time my period was late.

It gave me peace of mind when I had a 42 cycle that it was so long because I basically just hadn’t ovulated until cd 30. It also helped me realise that I get ovulation pain every month. Now that I’m ttc that temping I did back then has given me peace of mind that I actually do ovulate.

I would definitely suggest temping if you don’t because it can make these types of situations so much less stressful!

Patience is hard. Best of luck! I agree. Temping is great. Takes a lot of guesswork out of things.

It is really hard waiting. I have got everything crossed for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->