How Long? ( just a thought)

jaytee146

Blessed mommy to a beautiful girl and growing lo
Reaction score
A month ago my lo and I went the Child Support Services as her father hasn't been in her life since day one.. he refused to take the dna test and our case was turned over to the legal department... I met a woman in the grocery store who told me her case was filed in 93 and they called her recently asking about her child and the father. :wacko:

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GO THROUGH THE STATE/GOVERNMENT FOR CHILD SUPPORT?

Is my child going to be grown, walking and talking before we get a date? I really can't afford to get a lawyer and he can... he knew by refusing the test that this process would be drug out to the extreme, and even then if he gets a lawyer which I'm sure he will. . . he won't be responsible for any back chldsupport. this pisses me off! but I can't let it get to me and my lo. :baby:

Depends if he is compliment or not, my ex wasn't so they have to get law involved to sort out getting it... Took em 5 weeks to start getting the money off him and a further 4 weeks to get it to me... Ta a piss take but eventalky arrives!

I am wondering about this as well. I had filed in my home state and it took 9 months to get nothing! I was getting so close and then I thought when I moved out of state, I needed to cancel the order and file in my new state (which is also FOB's state.) I was wrong and now I have to start the process all over again! Although he did get fired from his job shortly after we got here anyway. FOB wanted us here so I could work, he could see his daughter and help with daycare expenses, etc. We have been here for 2 and a half months and we haven't even seen him. I need the help bad! I'm only working part-time. I'm hoping since I am now in his state, it won't take so long. He will do everything he can to elude and I let the child support office know that. I also know that with my home state, they couldn't get a document from the state my daughter was born in...it took 4 months to get it, so that slowed down the process even more. My FOB actually signed the Acknowledgement of Paternity and that document is gold. His one stupid slip-up that worked really well to my advantage. Be diligent and keep pressing away on it. I've found that any info I find on him, I immediately mail a letter including my case number, etc. They always ask for written correspondence. I would call a lawyer too. I've spoken with several and they are always willing to consult with you over the phone, free of charge. You may even find a lawyer who will take payments on their retainer fee and make it a little easier on you.

The processing time is different for each state. I think it's safe to assume though that all states are understaffed and experiencing major backlog. When I first was looking into child support services I was told to expect the process to take 6-8 months. I didn't even bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->