How long was your labor&delivery?

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
I'm almost 32 weeks pregnant with DS who will be only 15 months younger than DD. I'm getting really concerned that labor will come on too quickly or without any warning and I won't make it to the hospital. I'm a SAHM and we live 45-60 minutes from the hospital which means I'll have to get DD ready and drive us to the hospital myself. I'm worried that if I waited for dh to come get us, we wouldn't make it since we live south of the hospital and dh works north of the hospital. That would be about two hours into labor by the time we get to the hospital!

With DD, I had lots of warning that labor was coming. Early labor lasted 24-30 hours with manageable contractions about 7-10 minutes apart for the majority of that. This gave us tons of time to prepare and get everything ready. Actual labor was 6 hours.

I was talking to my mom about her labors because she's going to be watching DD for me. She said she was in labor for 12 hours with me and then 10 years later only 2 hours with my brother. She also had NO warning with my brother. Water broke, they rushed to the hospital and he was born before they could even get fully checked in. So her labor was 1/6th as long and no warning.

That would make my labor only an hour long! And mine are only 15 months apart, not 10 years!!

I'm so worried about driving my daughter and myself to the hospital and making it before I deliver. And DD is going to have to come with me to the hospital and then be picked up by my mom because she lives even further north.

Anyway, how long were your labors? With drugs or without? How far apart are your LOs?

TIA!

I only have the one and my labour was 14 hours start to finish. I had an epidural as I was rushed to theatre.
Good luck hun xx

I laboured for 24 hours and got to 8-9cm dilated but she was a very big baby and back to back with me so it was decided I'd have to have an emergency c section as the midwives doubted I'd be able to push her out xx

12 hours from start to finish. Stayed at hone for the first 6 hoursand had 6 hours in labour in the hospital

17 hrs back to back labour with my 1st, thankfully did it natural, 7 hrs with my 2nd, and 13 hrs with my 3rd:) epi with 1st and just gas & air with my other 2 xx

I only have the one also but i didnt have a lot of warning. My waters broke first then an hour later contractions started every 2 mins or so and 5 hours after my waters went i had him. just found out im pregnant again so i have the same worries, OH works half hour drive away and then the hospital is 45 mins ish away. Plus having to wait for someone to come and get DS!
Sorry none of that was really any help to you, have you not got someone that could drive you there? I think i would just have to make sure i was super organised and had everything ready to just grab and go (easier said than done i know!) Good luck xx

I was induced so a bit different. My induction (from starting syntocinon drip) was 27hrs and needed in EMCS. I got the epidural after being on the drip 17hrs, used gas and air before that. LO was back to back and I never progressed past 7cm

ETA: my waters broke 94hrs before I had him

My first was about 5 hours and just had my second 22 months later in just under 3 hours. But I lost my plug and had pink mucusy discharge hours before labour started for #2 so I knew it was coming. My water didn't break until just before delivery..

All mine where fast. 9 hours first one. Second was 5 hours and third was 8 hours. All very intense. Last one there the contractions where on top of each other.

Logan was 50 hours from waters breaking, back labour, induction and birth.

Eric was much different, lost plug, then slow labour until it got mental, went into hospital at 8cm and had Eric 3 and half hours later. Waters went in hospital. So, from losing plug to birth it was 50 hours again!! Not worked it out before! : )

70 hours from waters breaking, induction and then ended up with a EMCS! First baby, it hasnt put me off though x

Only had one baby so can't comment on subsequent births, but I went from 1cm to holding my baby in my arms in less than three hours :wacko: (back to back labour too, but she turned to come out) the midwives were trying to send me home 10 minutes before I gave birth telling me that I "wasn't in labour" sheeeeeesh!! Good job I put my foot down and refused to leave!

I am having a home birth next time round. That way I don't have to worry about anyone trying to send me home as I'll already be there lol!

It wad my first and it was 1hour20mins froms absolutely nothing to baby being there I planned to have drug invented but only had time to have gas and air

And the midwife was a bitch making out like I was being a drama queen and was no where near giving birth n then checked n I was 10cm!

I only have one. Waters ruptured at 1am Monday night/Tuesday morning. Contractions started at 10pm Tuesday night. Went into hospital 12:30pm Wednesday. Ollie was born at 1:12am Thursday morning. So a long time haha.

I had an epidural as he was back to back but it failed. Ended up using just Gas and Air.

My first was 26hours from start (waters breaking before contractions) to finish, had gas and air and pushed for 2 hours then had ventouse.

Second was 5 hours from start to finish pushed for 20 mins with 2 goes on the gas and air as there wasn't time! I was induced second time round though. I had exactly the same worries as the hospital is a 45 mins drive too and dh can't drive due to a medical condition and Lo1 was 20 months, lucky I was induced in a way.

30 hours with my first! But a lot quicker with my little girl, from the first contraction to her being born in was 1 hour 22 mins with 7 mins pushing!

Mine was 32 hours from the first contraction. Established labour was 9 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->