How long was your labor&delivery?

First child labour lasted 11 hours and that was with induction. Second child it lasted 3 hours.

With Oakley I was in labour for 5 1/2 hours with no epi, scared about the next labour being loads quicker if I have another baby :haha:

Contractions started around 7am (had period like pains through the night but I knew they were contractions by morning) and Amelia was delivered at 9.21pm, so just over 14 hours.

Pessary inserted at 9.30pm. Woke up at 12.30am with mild lower back ache. 3am contractions properly started, by 5am they broke my waters and contractions were on top of each other. Jessica was born at 7.06am. No pain relief. She was my 2nd, first was c section. Only had 16 months between deliveries.

I only have one but I had a stretch and sweep at 9AM on a Friday morning. Contractions started around 11AM. They were 2 minutes apart by 8PM that night. Managed these at home til 1AM, went to the hospital then, had him at 6AM. So less than 24hrs from the start of labour to giving birth.

First labor 9 hours from first contraction to baby in arms

Second labor 5 hours from first contraction to baby in arms

I have one child. Labor was 45 hours, back to back, vaginal delivery, no drugs. All my mom's labors were literally an hour long so you just never know its different for each person and each baby.

1st-8 hours, no medication
2nd-90 minutes! no medication
3rd 2 hours, no medication

I feared that #3 would "fly out" too, and was hyper vigilant looking for signs. My contractions were literally 20 minutes apart (and VERY mild) when I told DH we should go in just to be safe. When I got to the hospital (it's only 14 minutes away) I was 7cm dilated and DS was born an hour later. Good thing I listened to my instincts!

I'd say that if you're truly worried keep a close eye on your symptoms. Not all labors start with the classic water breaking or intense contractions. Also, since every baby and pregnancy is different, it's not a guarantee that it will be super fast this time. I hope for your sake that it's fast, but not too fast! Let's shoot for, say, 4 hours? :winkwink:

27 hours - I was induced about half way through because my waters broke before I started getting contractions. I had gas & air in the ambulance and pethidine near the end.

Induced at 1am, contractions started at 4am and delivered at 11:37pm, so almost 23 hrs...

First baby and active labour was recorded as 4 hours, 10 minutes.

I was having contractions for about 12 hours beforehand but they weren't painful.

11 hours from start to finish - waters broke at 8pm and baby was born at 7am the next morning. Contractions started around 9pm x

Went into about at 8 pm, baby was born at 12:45 am so just under 5 hours. It was my first child and labour and delivery were 100% natural :D

My midwife said my next labour will likely be close to one hour or so only

#1 - 23 hours from start of contractions
#2 - 5 hours from waters breaking , 3 hours from first contractions
#3 - 22 hours from start of contractions

DD- unplanned induction, contractions for 20 hours, then water broke by doctor, had her 45 minutes later after 15 mins of pushing. Total about 22 hours.

DS - planned induction, was already dialated 4cm, 6 hours labor total, pushed ONCE!

Latent phase started around 4AM.

Decided to go to hospital and got admitted by 10AM - 2cm dilated.

4cm dilated by noon, start of active labor.

Waters never broke. Was 9cm by 11pm. Waters broken for me.

Gave birth at 11:53pm. So, counting from active labor, it was about 12hrs long.

Vaginal, unmedicated, smooth birth. She was 9 days early.

Hopping for another natural birth this second time.

3.5 days= 84 hrs. 2.5 days were early labour, 1 day active, I was having strong contractions but only at 2 cm....long time to progress on 3 rd day after water was broken...ended up in c section. I had a terrible experience :(

From first contraction/waters breaking to birth was 6.5 hours. It was an emergency forceps delivery & I didn't get a spinal block until after the birth to be stitched up. The stitching up part took 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->