How long were you ttc before a BFP ?

#1 took 2years ttc with the help of clomid....
This baby 1st month ntnp xxx
Good luck to all the ladies ttc xxx

I have been trying for three or four years on and off. No luck.

My husband and I have been together for 9 years. We never used protection, we were on and off TTC and letting nature take it's course. Neither of which were working. My husband wasn't wanting a baby as bad as I was! Every single month I over analyzed every single symptom I had. I would convince myself that "I gotta be pregnant this time!" But I always had this "feeling" that I really wasn't. Period came right on time every month and every month I would cry. :( very heartbreaking not knowing whether or not you will ever have another baby (I have 1 by another man). I felt like I didn't have control over my life and my future. Also, just about every month I would take pregnancy tests, I would hold them up to the light, take them apart, you name it, I did it! Lol I was beyond obsessed!!! Well, a few weeks ago I started having Back pain, leg and hip pain, nausea, vomiting, headaches, mild fatigue, gagging during brushing teeth, sensitive teeth, sore boobs, weird ache in ovary & uterus, increase in sex drive, waking up at night to pee, hard time sleeping, and I craving A1!!! One night I drank a whole bottle!!! lol. I've had these symptoms before and WASNT pregnant, but this time it was different, I wasn't in a rush to take a pregnancy test. I never had that awful feeling that I was just setting myself up for a big let down (like I did every other month). When I did actually go to the store I tossed 3 pregnancy tests in the buggy without a problem. Normally I feel guilty waisting money on a test that's just going to be negative. I got home, took one of the 4 days sooner dollar store tests, I put it on the sink and I ACTUALLY WALKED AWAY this time lol, when I came back.....BAM!!!!! BFP! I automatically bursted out in tears, I was shaking so bad I couldn't even dial my husbands phone number. As I was on the phone with him I took the other 2, and each time I cried more lol. So I rushed to a clinic near by and got a 10 minute blood test. POSITIVE! I am now 5 weeks :) got my first OB appointment in a few days.
I know many women out there have had a much harder time during TTC, a lot if different methods, procedures, fertility doctors and a lot of money forked out! And I know that their pain and heartache is a lot worse than mine!!!!! but DONT give up hope!!!!!! Don't allow yourself to believe that you will never have a child because miracles DO happen!!!!! The ones who have tried and tried are a lot braver than I am! I never wanted to put that much effort into it because I was afraid of an even bigger let down! You all are very strong! Stay strong because one day, you will be holding your beautiful baby reminiscing those days that you were so hurt and devastated, and you will wish that you didn't let your pain go that far.

5 years.

Complete shock 3 days ago, the 2 lines were bold before the test had even fully absorbed. By dates I am 6+3, first scan in 3 weeks, nervous of how much could be wrong.

I don't think under 12 months trying counts as a long term trying to conceive success story. Either this thread is in the wrong section or the op hasn't been specific enough in phrasing the question.

I don't mean this to sound mean to anyone who has posted as maybe you just saw the question and didn't notice the section it was in.

I don't think under 12 months trying counts as a long term trying to conceive success story. Either this thread is in the wrong section or the op hasn't been specific enough in phrasing the question.

I don't mean this to sound mean to anyone who has posted as maybe you just saw the question and didn't notice the section it was in.

Maybe the OP posted it in this section just looking for some inspirational ltttc success stories to give her hope for the future? But I agree that the question maybe wasn't specific enough and maybe should've been posted in the TTC section.

Anyway mainly returned to update my portion. Ended up TTC for just over a year with still no success and we have now taken a long break to plan our wedding and will cont to TTC afterwards as we can't afford to do both! I am both looking forward to TTC again and dreading it. I want a baby so badly but can't bear the thought of more disappointment. I'm just hoping it happens quicker next time round!

I think the comment might have been applied to me. I did not notice what section it was in and just thought it was only in the ttc section.. not only long term ttc. Sorry. I got mixed up in threads somehow.

I think the comment might have been applied to me. I did not notice what section it was in and just thought it was only in the ttc section.. not only long term ttc. Sorry. I got mixed up in threads somehow.

Not your fault! You saw a question and answered it! The OP didn't specifically ask for LTTTC success stories. Am sure the thread could just be moved anyhow.

forgot about this thread... just as an update

now over 2 years actively trying, hospital will no longer help and if im not pregnant within the next 2/3 cycles they are referring us for IVF (which we cant afford) :cry:

although apparently I have started ovulating again but ive also started producing milk again for no reason

we started trying when DS was 3 as we wanted a 3 year age gap (and OH was convinced he would just have to look at me and I'd be duffered) if I get pregnant this cycle then the baby would be estimated to be born on DS 6th birthday

After 6 1/2 years, multicystic ovaries, stage 3 endometriosis, a bicornate uterus, failed clomid cycles ( lack of ovulation) and 3 failed fresh icsi cycles we adopted our precious daughter. People say a baby turns your world upsidedown but she put ours back together. And being a mummy changed something is me because within 2 months of her being home I was pregnant. I just didn't know it until I was in the second trimester :haha:

Oh wow Lolly that is such an amazing and inspiring story! Congrats to you and all the best for the future enjoying your two amazing bundles of joy! :)

Thank you Sparkles :hugs: Trying to enjoy every second but sadly the journey to get here has made me extremely anxious about everything!! But I know we are so incredibly blessed. One day at a time :) xxx

5 month of obsessing and symptom spotting and dtd right on time everyday/every other day during "suspected" (did not temp just based on previous cycle lengths ect) ovulation window

and one month of not thinking about it not obsessing or symptom spotting and missing "suspected" ovulaton window ovulation window by two or three days
and that month is the month it happened

Wow Lolly that is such an inspiring story! After having tried for a year before I am so scared of TTC again. I want a baby so so badly and can't wait for the wedding so we can start TTC again but am still so nervous of what the future holds for us. Stories like yours truly give me hope! x

5 years and countless diagnostic test, took a break and had a shocking natural :bfp: 3 weeks ago :)

Thank you kittiecat :) I can understand totally. I really do wish you every single success with everything xxx

4.5 years of trying + assistance, now im trying again for number 2 been just over 2.5 years. I wish more than anything that i could get pregnant with out help :(

Hearing these stories is a wonderful boost and gives me hope - thank you :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->