• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Many 40 + TTC Au Natural, No meds, IVF etc?

I got pregnant by accident for the first time at 40 but miscarried nearly 3 months later. At the age of 42 we tried again. We checked that OH's sperm was fine, I got myself an ovulation kit at the chemists and some folate tablets. The digital ovulation monitor was great - it said that I hadn't ovulated for the first 2 months I did it, ovulated the 3rd month but didn't get pregnant, then ovulated next month and concieved. I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy boy in March. I was worried about my fertility but was very lucky. My advice would be to stay healthy (or become healthy ;-D), find out when you're ovulating and take it from there. There can be nothing worse than random 'love-making' with your fingers crossed. Not trying to take away anything for whom conception has become a nightmare but I wanted to give a positive story to other 40+ ladies! And hopefully I will try for No 2! As soon as I can get some sleep!

I might check into an OPK in the next few months but just going with the NTNP method, I've been a bit obsessive lately and need to chill. You have given me hope! :D

Hi

I'm 40 and had the mirena coil removed in October after being a coil user for 14 years following birth of my DS in 1996. I conceived first cycle of NTNP although I contracted swine flu at Christmas and lost the baby at 10w3d.

I'm confident I can conceive again - it's just a matter now of waiting to try.

:dust:

Pip x

Aww I'm so sorry to hear pip... My heart goes out to you :hugs: You'll jump up on the horse again when your ready, It will happen, think positive, it will happen when you least expect it... :flower:

Well I'm 43 all natural, no magic pills. Yeah I waiting a lil late to try but I know I'm fertile mertle here, I MC last year this time.. Hopefully I will have some amazingly awesome news coming soon. New Years day was a bang after all "maybe" I figure out of 3 times it made magic, I'm 3 dpo and wow little cramping on and off, I know its too early but I'm hoping this time bub sticks...
AF due on Jan 12 or 13 hit or miss. I'm trying to stay hopeful it may not happen this time but I'm more excited to be TTC again... Just hate the dreaded 2ww Grrr.

Hope to hear more BFP's soon Baby Dust to All :dust: :dust: :dust:

Lots of magic fairy baby dust for both of you!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

PS: Love your avatar photo pip, very cool!

hey HopingandPraying. I also miscarried this time last year (New Year's Eve) and this time the year before (Christmas). I'm 41, nearly 42 and trying for my first. Switch to full-fat dairy if you haven't already, it will help you ovulate every month regularly (Harvard Uni study not old wive's tale). I love EPO because it has given me fertile mucus for the first time in years, I take 3000mg evening primrose from first day of my period to ovulation. Good luck girls, my thoughts are with you. x

Thank you, I know when I'm going to ovulate, I've gotten to be a pro at this stuff now... If it happens it happens, in no rush ... all in Gods time..

Heres too a Great New Year with lots of babies in the making... :hugs:

Good luck and Baby Dust to Everyone... :dust: :dust: :dust:

Story of hope for us all. My best friend who is 41 had been TTC for 2 years for her first child. She has just given birth to a lovely baby girl, Sophie Eva, 7lbs 4oz. :happydance:

Hi to you all.
This is my very first post on this site, actually first site i have joined.

I am 45 and trying for my first. The odds seem to be stacked against us but with a lot of hoping and trying maybe we will be lucky.

I too was married before for 16+ years and exhubby did not want children (JUST YET), well I am now married to a wonderful man, he is 25 so I am hoping that what I am lacking he will make up for lol.

We have been TTC for 10 months now. I am at day 23 of my cycle. Just learning all the abbreviations here lol.

Anyone else around the same age as me, I would love some company, it is great to find a forum for over 35, i hope i am not alone in being the oldest here.
Anyone have friends and family think you are crazy and give you that warning look, the subtle WELL, you might not be too old yet look.

Wishing you all so much luck, here is hoping for babies everywhere.

Hi to you all.

I am 45 and trying for my first. The odds seem to be stacked against us but with a lot of hoping and trying maybe we will be lucky.

I too was married before for 16+ years and exhubby did not want children (JUST YET), well I am now married to a wonderful man, he is 25 so I am hoping that what I am lacking he will make up for lol.

We have been TTC for 10 months now. I am at day 23 of my cycle. Just learning all the abbreviations here lol.

Anyone else around the same age as me, I would love some company, it is great to find a forum for over 35, i hope i am not alone in being the oldest here.
Anyone have friends and family think you are crazy and give you that warning look, the subtle WELL, you might not be too old yet look.

Hi there, I am 45 on 17 Jan. :blush: Other half is 34. We have been TTC for 2 years, I have the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor which tells me when I ovulate, as I don't have a regular cycle, it can be between 23 and 28 days, so the monitor helps me. Nice to meet you! xx

Thank you so much, nice to know I am not alone.

Good luck to you both. I will go look for the Ovulation meter, I have not heard of it.

Do people just post questions and comments here, or do they go to specific thread points.

I have some questions that I don't see answered anywhere, also afraid that it may be TMI question.

:flower:

Good luck to you both. I will go look for the Ovulation meter, I have not heard of it.

Do people just post questions and comments here, or do they go to specific thread points.

I have some questions that I don't see answered anywhere, also afraid that it may be TMI question.

I doubt any questions are TMI around here. LOL.

lol! Nobody minds tmi! See where it says New Thread, click that, put your question in the top and text in the box. Then click Save. If you want to change your text just click Edit, then Save your changes. Then it will come up as a new thread for everyone to read and answer if they want.

Hi to you all.

Welcome TTC45. Here's hoping 2011 is your year for a :bfp:. You've joined a great site so have a mooch around all over. I'm sure you will be welcome wherever you go.

:hug:

Pip x

Bummer.Have had bad cramps this eve so thats me out - again! Pants.

Upwards and onwards, i guess.... (i deserve a flipping medal, i do) :)

:hug: Omi xxx

I doubt any questions are TMI around here. LOL.

Thank you, just trying to find my way around lol.

Hi to you all.

Welcome TTC45. Here's hoping 2011 is your year for a :bfp:. You've joined a great site so have a mooch around all over. I'm sure you will be welcome wherever you go.

:hug:

Pip x

Thank you so much, it makes a difference when you feel welcome, people all seem so friendly.

Thank you very much for the help and the welcome

Hi to you all.

Hi there, I too am 45! Been with my lovely guy for about 3 years, and we've been NPNT for about 6 months. I've taken the decision to just let nature take its course, not ramp it up with medical intervention, what will be will be. I've no kids, and gone through the heartbreak of coming to terms with the fact it will (probably) never happen, and come to terms with a childfree life which actually looks rather good: we are crazy about each other and have a wonderful lifestyle, so if no baby comes along, life will still be good. I still go mental through the TWW though!

Update.

:witch: just came for me this morning. This month felt really, really different, and I wonder if I've had a chemical. That doesn't stop the huge feelings of despair and anguish though.

I really need to move on from this. I can just about accept a childless future but it's damn hard. Does anyone know of any boards for the childless not by choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->