• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Many 40 + TTC Au Natural, No meds, IVF etc?

well just got back from a carribean cruise and took FRER with me just in case. Got a faint BFP at 15 dpo (2 days late for me) but AF came at 19 dpo :cry: so it looks like a chemical. Still I'm looking on the bright side, at least it looks like something worked finally after 7 cycles.

I feel like I have been taking prenatals forever but other than that, we aren't using anything. I am now 42 and he is 35. Our beautiful two year old could really use a sibling close to her age but in March, it will have been 14 months of trying and we will probably accept it as not meant to be then.

Hi,
Just finished reading all the posts.

Truly blessed - sorry to hear of your chemical. I had one recently and it was sad but seeing a positive did give the boost that it is still possible.

A few things I would like to add to the discussion:

Do the deed often - unless your sig other has a low S/A - doing it frequently is good. True timing is most important but so is fresh healthy semen. If you go a week or so without release - they are as not good quality. So if you guys aren't or he is not on his own that is not the best quality when you do. I have a regular O so try to bd as much in the five days leading up to O. Work sometimes interferes and other things but we aim for 2/3 x before O in the fertile period.

Tracking CM - helps alot and then you know when you are fertile.

Get 21 day bloods to be sure you O and have normal progesterone levels.

I take Coq10, royal jelly, prenatals and high dose folic acid. Baby aspirin as well but best to check with your doc on that. The Coq10 and royal jelly are for egg quality. I also take Dhea - low dose 25 mg every other day. I had adrenal insufficiency from undiagnosed hypothyroidism. Others may benefit as well - something to ask your doc about. I do not recommend trying on own as too much can cause issues in itself.

xx:dust:to all

Hi Im 43 44 in december coming and have been ttc for 3 and a bit years and have had 10 mmc in that time, but have been on soy isoflavones for the last three cycles and havent thought about ttc just thinking that it will do it for me and am now cd21 of 24-27 and waiting to find out if it has worked for me this cycle.
I wish the medical profession would pay more attention to helping us over 40 ladies to concieve as the numbers are growing higher and higher in our age group.
Good Luck to all us ladies 40+ xx

I am going to be 39 in 6 months to me that is 40. I wish all of you baby baby dust.. I am TTC natural too *crosses fingers for all of us*

Hi Geminus and welcome and good luck! :dust: right back atcha! :)

Well, ladies, wish me good luck tomorrow that my HSG didn't show anything wrong cause if it did..well, that doesn't bare even think about!! PMA, PMA and all that! :)

:flower: Omi xxx

Hi Geminus and welcome and good luck! :dust: right back atcha! :)

Well, ladies, wish me good luck tomorrow that my HSG didn't show anything wrong cause if it did..well, that doesn't bare even think about!! PMA, PMA and all that! :)

:flower: Omi xxx

Good luck, Omi! Let us know!:flower:

Trying to get pregnant is a hard thing to do but when you are 40+ its even harder with a lot of disappointments along the way, but i just wanted to say that no matter what you go through dont ever give up keep going and unless its life threatening Dont ever let the medical profession tell you to give up and go away and stop trying !.
Thats what i was told at the age of 41 and nearly 3 years later i have had 10 early mmc, and they told me that i had no eggs !!!!!, so tried Soy isoflavones this cycle cd3 -7 all taken at 9pm each night and i am now cd22 of a 24 to 27 day cycle and feeling very queasy , mild cramping and tired so fingers crossed i can prove them all wrong , WE CAN ALL PROVE THEM WRONG so come on ladies lets show the medical profession who knows our bodies best !!!!!

hi to inkdchick im in same boat as u im 43yrs pld been try since july 09 since mc in march 10 & lost little boy 23 weeks preg last march,09 .periods r be a pain again go from 42days to 50 days .wait to start period now but nothing dont think im preg though just me be me again hope we get r bfp soon sue.

hun please dont give up hope, if and when you get your period (if in the uk), got to tesco and get tesco own Soy Isoflavones and take 4 from cd3 to 5 and then take 5 from cd6 to 7 and then stop this will help with your eggs producing better ones and often more so that our chances are higher , it will also bring ov on a bit earlier.
I took it from cd3 - 7 this cycle and so far things are looking really good for me this time normally my boobs are so sore i cant move or sleep from about 9 days before my af is due but this cycle they are not the slightest bit sore and im really excited trying not to show it to OH tho as he doesnt want to get his hopes up .
We too have had 10 early m/c' and in 1989 i lost a boy and 5 and half months gestation so honey i know how hard it can be but io then went on to have my daughters that are in my avatar. You will never forget but it does get easier, i think about Daniel every day but am ok about it now its been a long time, but one thing i would say is that if you can think that it had to be then you will fall with another sooner, but if you are constantly what if.... it will take longer , i know that sounds harsh but i was told that nearly a years after i lost Daniel and to be honest i wish i was told sooner cos within 3 months of being told that i fell pregnant with my oldest daughter and she is now 18 !.
SO good luck hun and try the soy it does help so many like yourself xxx :hugs:

hi thanks im go to try some soy .we r in england hertfordshire where abouts do u live in uk .thanks sue.

This site saved my mind when I got pregnant and I am still in contact with several of the ladies I met on here. I was told I could never have a child without IVF and was on the waiting list for it. But, my marriage broke down. I met my fiance and within a year of being together found myself pregnant with my first child. I was infertile since I was 17 years old. Our son was born right before my 40th birthday and now I want another one. After a lot of discussion we've decided to see if it will happen again as our son is 2 years, 4 months old.

I feel grateful for our son and lucky to be able to have become a mother. As someone who suffered over 20 years of infertility I know what it is like on both sides of the coin. So, this is our first month without using birth control and we will see. Good luck to all of you ladies.

Hi had my 4th son 8mths ago au natural 2 weeks after my 40th & will have this LO 4mths after my 41st ( With the help of Soy) :hugs: gl xx

i really hope you get your little girl hun that would be fantastic cant wait to find out too x

I really hope you get your BFP more than my girl :hugs:

so do i but still would like to see you get your little girl hun i wish i could wave a magic wand for everyone on here to get their bfp's and you your little girl , it would be a fantastic way to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas x
I havent been to check since my bath on that cm but i am hoping its gone away if not i will have to wait til its gone i suppose b4 i can test if i can hold off lol, i still dont have any cramping i just ache so im hoping its all good still

You can still test chick, if its IP blood it wont matter your hCG be in your system now, it takes days for IP to travel down :thumbup:

Well I'm confused. My AF is due tomorrow (12/7). I don't feel any AF symptoms, my breasts are a bit sore and I've been tired yesterday and today, but took a pregnancy test on Friday, 12/3 and it came up negative. I really didn't think I was pregnant but now feeling like I did the last time I was pregnant, I think my brain is affecting my cycle or something.
Won't take another pregnancy test until next weekend if my AF doesn't show herself.

We haven't been trying really, starting last week, just too busy this time of year to worry about it. I don't know what to think.

well im 44 in two weeks and am still ttc and have just had another early m/c last cycle and my OH keeps saying another 6 months so i will try and give it another 6 months and see what happens but all im now on is pregnacare, fresh royal jelly and heny pee pollen in it and asprin ( i have to take this for my heart - no other reason but apparantly that helps too - yeah right !), so i suppose we will have to just wait and see.
Good luck everyone xx

I am 45 in Jan, we have been trying for 2 years. My FSH is good, OH's sperm is fine. I have been put on antidepressants so its a difficult time for me at the mo, but we don't want to stop trying as there isn't a lot of time left. I am taking lots of Vitamins for my depression, also Royal Jelly, good for the eggs apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->