How Many 40 + TTC Au Natural, No meds, IVF etc?

Well that is the thing. I had AF the 12th and 27th I ovulated so I'm only if that 3 weeks.

If you're AF was 12 February you'll be further on than 3 weeks.

Pip x

If you're AF was 12 February you'll be further on than 3 weeks.

Pip x

I know according to the standard chart that is used that they use the first day of your last period which was 2/12. I ovulated according to digital OPK on 2/27 then implantation happened on 3/8 because I had implantation spots that is when Hcg starts being positive. Technically they use the first day of your last period because most women don't know what day they ovulated but I chart pretty rigourously. Today is 3/18 so it would technically make me about roughly 2 weeks.

At 40 I ttc & got pregnant the 1st time in 1st month using clearblue fertility monitor & both of us being on preconception vitamins & eating a healthy diet. My periods had reduced to 23-24 day cycles & 7 yrs before id had 4x fibroids removed by open myomectomy the biggest was 11 pounds, so i didnt think my chances of naturally conceiving were high. Last week at 41 yrs & 9 wks pregnant , had 1st scan & found out to my surprise im having , non-identical twins , both with heartbeats. Shock was indescribable. No drugs used just faith & love, wishing everyone equal success & it's definitely possible.

At 40 I ttc & got pregnant the 1st time in 1st month using clearblue fertility monitor & both of us being on preconception vitamins & eating a healthy diet. My periods had reduced to 23-24 day cycles & 7 yrs before id had 4x fibroids removed by open myomectomy the biggest was 11 pounds, so i didnt think my chances of naturally conceiving were high. Last week at 41 yrs & 9 wks pregnant , had 1st scan & found out to my surprise im having , non-identical twins , both with heartbeats. Shock was indescribable. No drugs used just faith & love, wishing everyone equal success & it's definitely possible.

What a lovely story :) I had twins many years ago [They are 23 now!] Goodluck with your pregnancy. I am 43 btw and due my baby in around 8wks eeek!

Love2011, how exciting, so happy for you.

Mumoffive, you give me hope; I was a late starter.....have a beautiful 2.5 year old son, conceived naturally after 2 miscarriages and I was sure that would be enough for me as I was 40 when he was born. However, as time went on I wanted a sibling for him and fell pregnant last August. Sadly I miscarried at 12 weeks late November 2010 and as I will be 43 this month have been obsessing that this lost pregnancy was my last chance. It has hit me soooooo badly and I am still struggling to regroup. I love to see that you are 43 and only 2 months away from delivering, I pray that I can say that before March rolls around next year. My GP has told me that to have been pregnant 4 times in my life I am a) unlucky to have had just 1 live birth and b) very fertile!!! I try to hold on to the second of those, despite my geriatric status :)

Wishing you both well x

Congrats and thanks for sharing your wonderful new...:thumbup:

You made my day!!!!

What a great story!

Congrats!

I love this thread as it is so friendly and supportive :D

Congratulations to all who have BFP :thumbup:

Hugs to all who have ever suffered MC(s) :hugs:

And :dust: to all those TTC

Well I'm 40 as is DH and I've only been off BC for a month so very early days for me.

DH and I did TTC in 2009 but I became too obsessed and too stressed and it all had a really negative affect on my clinical depression and ended up on anti-depressants :nope: We also found out that DH has not only a low sperm count but also poor sperm quality and the doctors said we would need IVF to have a baby but that we don't qualify on the NHS.

So we decided to have a break whilst I sorted my head out and I spent 6 months on anti-depressants and seeing a counsellor then I had 8 months off anti-depressants so we decided to come off BC and see what happens.

My attitude to the doctor's advice over IVF and my DH sperm count is well it t only takes one :spermy: to do the job so we'll give nature a chance.

We going it au natural apart from we changed to a healthier diet, we've increased our exercise levels a little but nothing major, we're on supplements although after reading another thread I will be leaving my usual multivitamins alone and buying the correct ones and I've just brought some pre-seed off the internet.

I'm not expecting to see any signs of pregnancy for a few months as I was on a Mirena coil so need for the progesterone levels to drop also I used to be a real caffeine junkie so not sure how long that will take to get out of my system.

But it will give me time to re-learn my cycle as not had a period for 16 months now and still waiting for AF to visit.

I don't stress too much that I'm late trying for a baby as my maternal grandmother married when she was 42 and gave birth 2 days after her 43rd birthday so she's always given me hope.

At the moment my attitude is what will be will be but as time goes on I may start to do BBT recording so there could be a lot of questions coming as I'm slightly confused by it all :)

I love this thread as it is so friendly and supportive :D

Congratulations to all who have BFP :thumbup:

Hugs to all who have ever suffered MC(s) :hugs:

And :dust: to all those TTC

Well I'm 40 as is DH and I've only been off BC for a month so very early days for me.

DH and I did TTC in 2009 but I became too obsessed and too stressed and it all had a really negative affect on my clinical depression and ended up on anti-depressants :nope: We also found out that DH has not only a low sperm count but also poor sperm quality and the doctors said we would need IVF to have a baby but that we don't qualify on the NHS.

So we decided to have a break whilst I sorted my head out and I spent 6 months on anti-depressants and seeing a counsellor then I had 8 months off anti-depressants so we decided to come off BC and see what happens.

My attitude to the doctor's advice over IVF and my DH sperm count is well it t only takes one :spermy: to do the job so we'll give nature a chance.

We going it au natural apart from we changed to a healthier diet, we've increased our exercise levels a little but nothing major, we're on supplements although after reading another thread I will be leaving my usual multivitamins alone and buying the correct ones and I've just brought some pre-seed off the internet.

I'm not expecting to see any signs of pregnancy for a few months as I was on a Mirena coil so need for the progesterone levels to drop also I used to be a real caffeine junkie so not sure how long that will take to get out of my system.

But it will give me time to re-learn my cycle as not had a period for 16 months now and still waiting for AF to visit.

I don't stress too much that I'm late trying for a baby as my maternal grandmother married when she was 42 and gave birth 2 days after her 43rd birthday so she's always given me hope.

At the moment my attitude is what will be will be but as time goes on I may start to do BBT recording so there could be a lot of questions coming as I'm slightly confused by it all :)

I've heard of so many people getting pregnant right off the pill... would be curious if you do too. Fingers crossed for you!:thumbup:

Welcome Alex. You've joined a great thread here.

It sounds like you've got the right attitude. :dust: to you.

Pip x

Welcome Macwooly! Hopefully you will be joining us in the pregnancy forums soon!

I've justed posted in the Forum Help & Testing Area with the request for an Over 35 and Pregnant forum: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html

If you think it would be a good idea please feel free to go there and post your support.

Cheers.

Pip x

Hello Macwooly - had my first at 39 - WHEW! - just under the wire -- she is beautiful and bright and she and I both pray daily for a little bro or sis -- AF is on her way - T-minus 2 days but already know she is coming.
DH is 50+ and I am 42 this year. Still TTC and nothing. I was getting depressed and searched for "40+ TTC depression" and found you. :hugs:
Hopefully we will be celebrating together soon!!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words of welcome :)

Well I spent a few days last week wondering if AF was visiting or not as I got spotting then it would stop again but yesterday she came with her bags to stay for a few days :huh: So corrected my ticker and waiting to see if I'm back on the 29 days cycle I used to be before BC.

Hello Blessedwith :hi: Good luck with your TTC and loads of :dust: to you for a BFP soon. Every feeling depressed feel free to send me a message to talk :hugs:

Keeping fingers crossed for all and hoping you get your BFPs soon :dust:

Hi everyone!
This is such a cool thread :)
Yesterday I found out I was pregnant and today I did another test to doublecheck ... TG another BFP!
So far, I'm feeling fine, just a wee bit queasy in the morning and more sensitive to odours than usual ... got up and opened a few windows because it smelled stuffy everywhere ... or so I thought hehe.
I'll have to wait till Thursdat to see a gyno to then be sent to an obstetrician next week (my healthcare is soo bureaucratic!) so I don't want to get high expectations yet ... but well deep down inside I'm ecstatic and so is my hubby-we've only just told our closest family so far.
Hugs everyone,

Hi everyone!
This is such a cool thread :)
Yesterday I found out I was pregnant and today I did another test to doublecheck ... TG another BFP!
So far, I'm feeling fine, just a wee bit queasy in the morning and more sensitive to odours than usual ... got up and opened a few windows because it smelled stuffy everywhere ... or so I thought hehe.
I'll have to wait till Thursdat to see a gyno to then be sent to an obstetrician next week (my healthcare is soo bureaucratic!) so I don't want to get high expectations yet ... but well deep down inside I'm ecstatic and so is my hubby-we've only just told our closest family so far.
Hugs everyone,

Gato Verde, Felicitaciones!

(your name is in Spanish so I had to lol)

sounds great. keep us posted!

Welcome and congratulations

You're never too old for a :bfp: on this thread. Just wish someone had warned me that nausea at 40 is much much worse than nausea at 25!!! I'm wrecked!!!

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->