How many cycles on Clomid before your BFP?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
For those of you that took Clomid, what cycle were you on when you got your BFP?

I had a bfp with my first cycle, but MMC a few months later :(.

Aww sorry for your loss hun but congrats on the 37 weeks! If you dont mind me asking did they give you a reason for the MC? I have PCOS so have had two and am afraid that even if I do get preggie I'll lose it early again...

It was my 4th round of Clomid but first round at 100mg. I have PCOS too and never ovulated naturally. We also have male issues x

Aww sorry for your loss hun but congrats on the 37 weeks! If you dont mind me asking did they give you a reason for the MC? I have PCOS so have had two and am afraid that even if I do get preggie I'll lose it early again...

Thanks! I am sorry for your losses too. :hugs:

I also have PCOS, they think it was a progesterone issue. Make sure you ask your doc about that. Even if they just give you the suppositories:thumbup:

Babyloulou - We have male issues in a way..lol..he cant finish inside me so he has to do it in a pre-seed coated softcup and I then insert that...

Wish- My gyno told me to come in at day 25 which will be Friday Feb 11th and have my levels tested...I never had that with the other pregnancies so maybe that will help prevent a MC....

Im only on 50mg this time and she said would up it next cycle...tonight is my last night and I should ovulate around Jan 31st or Feb 1st..but we are starting the BD tonight in case I ovulate early lol..not leaving anything to chance this time

Just keep your spirits up that it will work no matter how much Clomid messes you around! I ovulated on CD14 the first round, CD21 the second round, CD 27 the third round and then CD14-16 (not sure exactly) the BFP round. My OPKs messed me around and so did my temperatures! Just make sure you are covering the bases at least every other day from about CD 10 onwards (earlier if you can keep your strengths up) and you'll be fine. Xxx

PS: I also used Softcups and Preseed! :thumbup:

Yeah..def gonna BD as much as possible...I see you are due soon..any movement yet ?
lol..

Nope! I was due yesterday but no movement yet! I have a sweep booked for Thursday if he hasn't made an appearance by then!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need any help! Like I say I became quite used to juggling Clomid, Preseed, Softcups, charting, OPKs etc.... Good luck with it all- I hope it works for you xxx :hugs:

I chose 6+... I did 8 rounds of clomid upping doses and adding metformin. It never did make me O. I switched to Femara and no luck with my first round at 2.5 mg. I then moved to 5 mg and had my biggest follicle ever. However I think we DTD too late that month as it made me O about CD 11 vs. 14. So second round of 5mg Femara and 500mg metformin worked for my first.

With my 2nd I went straight for 5mg femara and 500 mg of metformin and was PG on round 3. I had an infection and was on antibiotics the first month that ran into my second month so it could have played a role in it taking 3 months.

This time it only took 2 rounds. Again I used 5mg femara and 500 mg metformin. I used OPK strips and although it got slightly darker on cd11 and then lighter and lighter it never got as dark or darker than the control line. So I thought I didn't O. We made sure to DTD anyway and voila!

I do ovulate on my own it was just once every 2 months after my last MC that totally messed up my cycle. So hopefully this will just help my follicles/eggs be better and viable. Im supposed to be on Metformin but it messes my stomach up so bad I cant take it so Im thinking of asking for something different if they have it. Im working out now and trying to eat better, hoping to lose weight and get rid of this PCOS if possible.

Hi, I also have PCOS, and took clomid after about 6 months of trying on our own, we got pregnant on the first round but lost it at 8 weeks, no reason given... we then tried 5 other times with no luck so we tried other methods and finally got pregnant with My son Logan after 3 years. because it was such a emotional roller coaster trying to get pregnant the first time my husband and I decided we were not going to have any more.. that was 4 years ago.. then in April 2010 we decided what the heck we would try again and see what happened... turns out I got pregnant the first try with no help. we were really surprised. Goes to show that there is hope for us PCOS. my doctors figure I have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant on my own so we must of hit the timer just right.

i never took clomid but was trying for 3 years with no luck then took soy for 1 cycle and got my BFP:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->