how many days after a pos opk do u continue to test ?!??!?! UPDATED PG2

honey08

mum2two boys/2mc
Reaction score
i use to just do 2 days and got pos, but im on my 3rd day now :?

how long dy get pos opk 4 ?x:flower:

I would only think two days.At least that is what I have been told by me doctor. If it is more then that you are have a LH rise that is not normal. Do you have PCOS.

Normally only one day although I had my pos yesterday and didn't test again today O:)

As redrose27 said a positive OPK for a number of days say four or more can be an indicator of PCOS or other problems, I would keep my eye on that for a few cycles O:)

:flow:

just found this

The reason you are testing to find out when you ovulate is because you want to become pregnant. So, you are simply looking for the surge of hormones that indicates ovulation will occur within 72 hours. If you take the ovulation test several days in a row and it remains positive each of these days this should really be of no concern. The reason why is that you are only looking for the surge of hormones which would result in the first positive test. After that it does not matter how many positive tests you have because hormones may stay high, may drop, or level out. Keep in mind that the most important thing is the first positive test. Once you have this don’t worry if you have a positive ovulation test several days in a row. Just keep in mind the first positive test is what is important and ovulation will occur within a few hours to a few days.

I got my first positive on the clearblue digitals on saturday... Last time i tested was 22nd July and it was a negative & no smiley face. Not sure what made me test on saturday

I have had a positive every day & today so 3 in a row now.. I do have PCOS & am now starting to think that these dont work on me.. My FF chart is not saying i have ovulated nor is my CM corresponding to being fertile but then i dont have alot, i was using soy this cycle from CD3-7 & it seems to have dried it up big time

i dought i have PCOS, ive fell preg 3times in 3yrs :? had cd21 bloods 3mth ago all ok, had them done a yr n half ago aswell :? will ask my doc, there lest dark now tho x

just found this

The reason you are testing to find out when you ovulate is because you want to become pregnant. So, you are simply looking for the surge of hormones that indicates ovulation will occur within 72 hours. If you take the ovulation test several days in a row and it remains positive each of these days this should really be of no concern. The reason why is that you are only looking for the surge of hormones which would result in the first positive test. After that it does not matter how many positive tests you have because hormones may stay high, may drop, or level out. Keep in mind that the most important thing is the first positive test. Once you have this don’t worry if you have a positive ovulation test several days in a row. Just keep in mind the first positive test is what is important and ovulation will occur within a few hours to a few days.

oooo hun where did u find that? ive just been focusing on "oh my god i must have pcos then" as mine look like ...cd 12 pos,cd13 neg,cd 14 pos cd 15 pos.gonna test once more tomoz and post them on here fopr more opinions xx

4TH DAY for me now on the CB digital smiley ones. Another positive for me. I dont think that they are working for me & that my PCOS is giving me a false +itve

ok so yday was 5dpo tested in aft.....neg ( still a line but fainter, so neg ) tested this morning 6dpo and blaring pos again :? tea time 5pm neg (still line but fainter again)

wft :lol:

just found this

oooo hun where did u find that? ive just been focusing on "oh my god i must have pcos then" as mine look like ...cd 12 pos,cd13 neg,cd 14 pos cd 15 pos.gonna test once more tomoz and post them on here fopr more opinions xx

googled it, also with PCOS do u have reg cycles ?cos i do ? im a little worried now :?

HI Ladies,
i hope you don't mind me asking but i've had an opk dilemna too...i don't have pcos, have regular cycles (28days) and ovulate on my own. this is my first month of clomid and have had + surges on the opk for 4 consecutive days...i'm a bit confused why this wud happen? My fs said to go off the first surge and start BD'ing after that? sooo confusing...

I tested for 20 days... the first day I tested it was positive, and stayed positive til I ran out...I thought I had PCOS or maybe my thyroid medicine was messing with it...NOPE!! I was pregnant! lol

this my is opk 2day at 8dpo , got a pos 29/30july (after early mc think i O 29uly) neg ( ish ) 5dpo neg , 6dpo blaring pos then theyve stayed like this :wacko:

hoping its a good sign :flower:

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 116
Wow, how strange we are both the same! Maybe a MC upsets LH levels then?

Or maybe we both have BFP's on the way! (i wish!)

Confused.com lol

:hug:

aww yeh maybe :cry: will be grt to see both super sticky :bfp: in a couple of days for us:flower:

Do you think you've deffo ov'd honey?
I'm 99.9% certain I have, especially as my boobs are now sore and temps right up.

Oh well, I guess time will tell! Yaaawn!! :flower:

yeh cos it went neg after i got 2pos , well i hope so anyways :?

moomoo got pos opk b4 her bfp last mth :dance:

fingers crossed, my eyes are killing looking at bloody lines :lol:

Same here, I have a line eye headache, lol!

Next month I am going back to my original plan of holding out until AF is due at 12dpo, lol!!! :haha:

yep thats wot ive always done , wait till 12dpo then if neg ive only 2days til af comes :lol:

my opk this aft looks lighter so im now not hopeful :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->