• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many kids do you want and what gender(s)?

Anyone heard of or considered actively using the Shettles method to try for a particular gender?

Yeah I have researched it! But after weighing up the pros and cons of a boy or a girl first we decided that we are going to let fate decide our family x
If we did end up having say two or three of the same gender I would deffo consider it though!

OH and I would like to have at least 3 children. Two boys then a little girl. We wanted all boys, until my sister had a little girl and I fell in love with her. Girls are sooo much fun. A little mini me! And she'll be the baby, so we will spoil her ridiculously!! lol. If only we could choose the gender, right??

I'd like to have a boy and two girls, he'd like two boys and a girl. But we'd be happy with any amount, and any gender.

I would love to have 2 more! I have 2 kiddos already, and I don't feel like I'm done. My son is 23 mth & my daughter is 4 mths. I would like to have a boy next, then another girl. I would like them to all be 19 mths apart, like #1 & #2 are.
That is my dream, DH isn't quite sure yet.

I always said I wanted 3, 2 boys and a girl. I have one boy already so far. I wouldn't mind either way though.

We would love 1 or 2 children, I know people say if you only have the one it will be spoilt but I don't know if I'm going to like labour! lol. We'd like one of each really, but either way as long as it is healthy it doesn't matter. :) xx

DH and I would like one or 2 - twins would suit me as it's over in one go :)

Ideally I'd like boys but we don't mind either way.

DH and I are agreed if it is girls then his sisters are not allowed to take it shopping or dress it in pink lace :D

DH and I would like one or 2 - twins would suit me as it's over in one go :)

Ideally I'd like boys but we don't mind either way.

DH and I are agreed if it is girls then his sisters are not allowed to take it shopping or dress it in pink lace :D

I'm with you on the twins - we'd love to have fraternal girl/boy twins!! :)

My baby girl is definitely going to be ALL pink though - lol.

I don't mind pink (not too much though) as long as it's soft materials but they were picking up scratchy pink lace things and saying wouldn't it be nice and I was just :shock: saying noooooooooo :)

Me and DH have agreed on two and already and already have a son. I think a healthy baby is all that is important in the long run and after two MMC's, one of which I only found out about at the 12 week scan, I find the sex to be a really minor thing. I did want a boy a bit more the first time so was please and would love another son (although my MIL is desperate for a girl too). I have a name picked out for a boy or a girl already but the boy's name is what I wanted my sons middle name to be but DH did not like it as a middle name.

Well, that is what DH and me agreed on but I would love twins next time. :haha: Two more boys or a boy and a girl. In the very unlikely event I did have twins I would not want two girls as much as DH has a bit of a fear of twin girls and I would love another boy anyway.

I know I am incredibly fortunate as I have never been through the trauma of a MC so won't pretend I can understand what anyone who's gone through one (or more) feels like. When I read someone has had an MC I am always at a lose as to know what to say so I send hugs as I feel it would be in bad taste for me to do or say anything else.

But I do find real strength from reading that ladies have suffered MC(s) and go on to have wonderful babies.

I must admit DH and I are more concerned about getting the BFP and carrying to term much more than the sex of the baby. And he says he will treat the baby the same regardless of whether it is a boy or girl :)

hehe, I didn't like pink for myself until a few years ago. I was blue all the way (for myself) but I've always wanted pink for my little girl. I understand soft fabrics for sure though!! Now I even love pink for myself too. My wedding colors are pink and brown and FH and I have decorated our whole house in pink and brown too! :)

In an ideal world I'd like a boy and a girl - the girl first so I know I'd definitely be getting one. Also I would like them 2 years apartas that is the gap between me and my brother and it worked really well as we had a few friends in common and we got on really well.

I know I am incredibly fortunate as I have never been through the trauma of a MC so won't pretend I can understand what anyone who's gone through one (or more) feels like. When I read someone has had an MC I am always at a lose as to know what to say so I send hugs as I feel it would be in bad taste for me to do or say anything else.

But I do find real strength from reading that ladies have suffered MC(s) and go on to have wonderful babies.

I must admit DH and I are more concerned about getting the BFP and carrying to term much more than the sex of the baby. And he says he will treat the baby the same regardless of whether it is a boy or girl :)

That's such a nice thing to do, not just reading it and leaving awful comments like some people can do. I hope you never do experience one hun, it's an awful feeling that I just can't quite explain :(
Me and my OH are also more concerned on getting a BFP then the sex of the baby. But we have decided on a name if we had a girl :)

:dust: to you all :) xxxx

What name have you chosen? If we have a girl first, she'll be Abigail and if we have a boy first, he'll be named after Daddy

DH & I are agreed on names:

For a boy: Thomas Gibson (the Gibson was my dear deceased Daddy's name)

For a girl: Jessica Abigail

Love the name choices! :) We have several names picked...hehe

Girl #1: Abigail Azalea
Boy #1: Irik Hawthorn (named after Daddy)
Girl #2: Mikayla Jasmine
Boy #2: Edward Heath (named after my mater Grandfather)

All of our babies will have a flower for their middle name hence the names above and each of the flowers above is in my wedding bouquet :)

Love those choices and using the flowers in their names and the wedding bouquet :)

DH and I are in trouble if we have more than one girl or boy as we can't decided or agree on any more names but if we're blessed we'll have to sort some more out.

It'll happen when the time comes. DH and I hadn't come to any agreement on a second girl's name until I was talking about one of my clients from work named Mikayla (pronounced MICK-uh-luh) and I was commenting that I'd never heard of it pronounced that way. I told him I liked Mick-AY-luh and he said he really liked it too so it became our second name choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->