How many kids do you want and what gender(s)?

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
OH and I want at least 4 kids...at least that's what we say now while we don't have any. We're both from families of 5 and have always seen ourselves with 6 kids even before we met.

I am most definitely hoping for a little girl first but then.....a girl or a boy?

Girl, Girl, Boy, Boy? Girl, Boy, Boy, Girl? Girl, Boy, Girl, Boy?

I know there's no surefire way to guarantee the desired gender but it's interesting to think about...

Then there's also the question of how far apart? In my family, I'm 27 and my siblings are 26, 16, 14, 12 so it was almost like to separate sets of children being raised. My OH's family is the same way. He's 33 and his siblings are 43, 42, 41, and 32 so he also had basically two sets of kids growing up.

So I don't know if I want two close, a few years gap, and another two close or all four close....

What about you?

I already have 2 boys and they are 2 years 7 months apart. We want one more (which is a far cry from the 5 my OH originally wanted) and I would be pleased as punch if it was another boy. Of course if it were to be a girl I would be just as happy but I have always seen myself being the lone female in a house full of boys.

Wow, you're brave. If I only had one gender, I'd definitely want all girls and OH agrees!

One of each...unless we get 2 boys or 2 girls. Then DH wants to try 1 more time for at boy if we have 2 girls, or vice versa... I grew up with 1 sister living with me, but 3 other sibs I don't know as well :nope:...so I guess I feel like a smaller close knit family is good. DH only has 1 sib, and liked it...so he's hoping for 2: girl, boy.

I'm not sure. We'll see how we handle the first 2 then talk. :haha: We both agree our first should at least have one sibling 1-3 yrs apart, preferably 2, since my sis and I are 3, and aren't too close.:dohh:

2 or 3. I have one older brother we were 18 mo abart. My husband has a brother and a sister. My parents went boy-girl. His was boy-boy-girl.

That our thought at this time, 2 of the same sex, try once more.

Me and my OH want two girls and two boys. I preferably want a girl first but he wants a boy! But we're not sure in what order xx

Probably three. I'd definitely try for a third if I got a second boy, maybe if I had a girl next we might just leave it at that, but I think I'd still want another baby. The thought of the next pregnancy being my last isn't really attractive to me at the moment. But I might feel differently when I'm trying to manage two children.

we are hoping for 2,DH has 1 sibling whereas I have 3. I would like a bigger family than 2 children but we will see after we have the first one!! I would be happy with any combination, but DH would really like a boy first although I'm sure he will be over the moon at either!

Have 1 Angel daughter and 1 Earthly Son.. would like 2 more boys x

I have 1 little girl and we'll likely have one more and be done, regardless. Really don't mind which we get but another girl would be easier :)

I think I want 2 or possibly 3. I also reckon that in an ideal world I would wait until the first one is at school before trying for the 2nd one. I would rather have a girl first, but the OH of course wants a boy. Obv we'd be happy with either but these are our preferences :winkwink:

I was one of 4 but get on so much better with my brother, I was the eldest and he came 2nd. Not sure if that's got anything to do with my 'plans' or not........

xx

I would love to have two or three kids. I would love to have two girls or one boy and one girl. I didn't have any brothers growing up so I don't know how I'd deal with a house full of boys. Plus, I only have one good boys name.

We have 3 girls names and 2 boys names picked out! Hopefully we get to use them all! :-D

I want two- a boy and a girl (I want the girl first- this was always my preference but OH already has a son so I feel he needs a daughter). I wouldn't mind three- or even four like my mother as long as I had them in groups of two (believe it or not- my sister Amber and I are 1 yr, 5 months, 4 days apart and my baby bro n sis Sebastian and Keira are 1 yr, 5 months, 4 days apart- it gets freakier, but thats neither here nor there unless someone wants to hear about it). If I only had two (which is likely since OH has one already) I want them a few years apart, like 3-4.

I haven't settled with a number yet, at least two! I'm know I want at least one girl and one boy, but I haven't decided which order I'd prefer either. For a while, I always wanted a boy first and then a girl, that way the boy could look out for the girl. I go back and forth now. I figure if I had a girl first, the girl could teach the boy about respecting women more. I also think having a girl would be more fun, there are so many cute things for girls. My boyfriend tells me he only wants girls. :lol:

We have 2 boys, and would like at least 2 more. I have to say, neither of us are bothered about the gender. I would love a little girl but I would also love a house full of boys. I think I'd much rather have more boys than more girls. My Mum had 3 girls and a boy and she said boys are so much easier. Plus there's not the whole hormonal b!tchy fighting when they get to teenagers lol

I'd like two, I already have a little boy and I've got it in my head #2 will be a boy too as my OH's family have got no girls on that side of the family so I'm happy with two boys, but I'd really like a girl tbh but don't think I'd be able to handle a third pregnancy imo - that could change after my 2nd pregnancy though.

We want 2. I would prefer a boy and a girl, but since we don't have any yet, that could change. Maybe someday we will want more than 2. I think I would be happy just to have healthy children.

We have three now 2 boys and one girl. Our girl is the youngest. DH says he wants another girl to even out the numbers, but really I don't care either way. I just want a healthy baby. I have a feeling it will be a boy. We want 4 kids, so just one more to make and bake:)

We want at least three, my OH grew up with a brother and a sister and the dynamic worked really well :)
I grew up with one brother and always wished for more siblings xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"