• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many kids do you want and what gender(s)?

Im an only child but my cousins all come from big families so Ive always said i wanted 6, prefferably 2 boys first =] , I'm also likely to have twins as it is a very strong gene on my dads side (he is a twin, his mum is, his twin had twins) so you never know :)

hey my dad's side had twins too (my uncle and my aunt are twins), is it possible for me to have twins because of that history??

twins are suppose to skip a generation each time or sumin like that!x

i've read that from some people, others say thats not true..whatever lol

Only non-identical twins make it more likely if on the woman's side. Identical twins is the egg splitting by chance but non identical twins can mean it is more likely you will release two eggs when ovulating.

It is not much help to know if like me you have twins on your mums side but no one agrees if they are identical or not. My uncles were twins but the family said they looked nothing alike until they were around 50 and then started to look the same. :dohh:

And at this point, it's probably too late to ask if they had a shared placenta or not! :)

My great grandmother had four sets of twins and we have other twins in the family as well. Last month I experienced two temperature dips/rises back to back so I'm very curious about whether or not I ovulated twice. Of course there's no way to know for certain since I didn't use OPKs around the time of the first dip but it would definitely be awesome to have twins!

I went to school with a set of twins who were "identical" but fraternal. They looked abolutely identical to each other but were fraternal twins since they had separate placentas. A local university did a bunch of studies on them as babies because they're officially "Mirror Image Twins" - one had a freckle in a particular spot on the left side of her face and the other would have it on the same spot but on the right side of her face. They were exactly mirrored from each other - personalities too....very interesting stuff!

Lol, yes a little too late. Apparently getting pregnant while BF'ing increases the chances (presumably due to releasing more eggs I guess) so that is interesting to note (as a BF'ing woman who is NTNP). :haha:

that is interesting. It is good that you track enough to notice that, it does make you wonder. You do seem like a prime candidate.

It's also that much more depressing though because that means I not only missed ONE egg, but we missed TWO! :( Granted, it was only our first month off BC but if that happens every month, that's a lot of eggs I'm missing out on!!

Oh well, we're taking a much more casual approach now anyway. The first month I was definitely more TTC than NTNP because I desperately wanted to be one of the "lucky ones" who gets pregnant the first month off BC but since that didn't happen, I'm being much more laid back about it. We're DTD when/if we feel like it which is about every other day but not set in stone. I'm not using OPKs but I am still temping because I still want to learn more about how my body and cycles work since I haven't had periods for almost eight years now and back then, I still knew nothing about it. I find the temping relaxing and informative more than relating to TTC in any way if that makes sense. :)

Well, you never know it might have happened/happening this month and in 13 days you may have you BFP (of course it would be about 12 weeks before you knew there was 2, lol). :dust:

hey my dad's side had twins too (my uncle and my aunt are twins), is it possible for me to have twins because of that history??
my grandma was a twin , she had twins ( my dad and his sister) his sister has had twins 2nd pragnancy & 1 of my cousins from my dads oldest sister has just had twins it NEVER skips a generation in our family , i think it just depends on how strong the gene it & in our family it clearly is strong in the women

I went to school with a set of twins who were "identical" but fraternal. They looked abolutely identical to each other but were fraternal twins since they had separate placentas. A local university did a bunch of studies on them as babies because they're officially "Mirror Image Twins" - one had a freckle in a particular spot on the left side of her face and the other would have it on the same spot but on the right side of her face. They were exactly mirrored from each other - personalities too....very interesting stuff!

I am a twin...and were marked as fraternal twins, but we look just like each other. In high school no one could tell us apart. It was funny. We would have friends coming up to me talking about what ever my sister and her/him did, and I would have to say..Im not her!

And we also have twins in the family. And I also got pregnant with twin in Oct, but we lost them.

But to respond to the post i quoted. My sister and i wanted to get the testing done that you posted. But just never did. We even have the same blood type, which isn't that unusual since we siblings..but I think its interesting that the only reason we were marked fraternal is b/c we had two different placentas.

Aww Im sorry about your loss

This was for me right?? If so, thank you. :hugs: I'm still having a hard time with it. And today has been kind of bad. I think its b/c the due date is coming up, and I started AF. :cry:

i alraedy have 2 sons , age 3 and 9 so my next one i would love a baby girl , but when my father comes from a family with 7 brothers and no sisters and allthere first children were boys too , id guess my next one will be a boy !! but i dont mind really , i love boys there so much cooler than girls , just would love to have a little mini me too xx

Since gender is determined by the male's sperm, what do the generations look like on your OH's side?

DH is one of 5, he has 3 brothers and a sister. His older brother has 2 sons and his younger brother is expecting a boy in September. We already have 2 boys and I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with lots of boys too.

Wow, definitely a boy-dominated family! :) My OH is one of 5 too. 3 boys and 2 girls. His brother had 2 girls though so I think we'll be pretty even. :)

Interesting! I have a girl and always had a "feeling" I would have girls. Would like to have a boy sometime though... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->