How many nappies?

heli

Reaction score
We have decided on either Bumgenius or Tots Bots nappies and are going to buy a kit for better value.

As this is our first baby and first time using reusables I'm not sure how many we will need. Planning on getting the birth to potty type and I guess can always buy more later but want this outlay to be the only one really.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks x

You probably want 20 nappies in total. If you go down the easyfit/bumgenius route, you'll want 15 of those plus 5 fitted nappies and 2 wraps for night time as you'll soon find the pockets don't have the absorbancy to go overnight.

That would do you washing daily in the first weeks when you get through 8 or so day, then dropping to every other day at a few months old and less frequently as an older baby/toddler.

DON'T DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTT!

Most cloth users would agree that it is a BAD idea to buy a kit like you mentioned before you try them. Not all nappies suit all babies so it is a big risk to take. I know some people want to use cloth from birth so want enough nappies straight away, but in reality one-size nappies probably won't fit until baby is several weeks old anyway. I would get a selection of different nappies to try, or just a couple of one type first to check they work for you.

heli,

agree with Rachel here. If you buy a kit of BG or TBs you may find that they just don't fit your baby properly and end up having to outlay again and sell on the whole lot at a loss. You wouldn't buy enough Pampers or Huggies to last your baby until potty training before baby came in case they didn't work, and it's the same with cloth. I would buy a few of each and see how you like them. I love both but there are plenty of people on here who don't like them (having thought they would before trying on their baby). Can you not just set the money aside and wait until baby is here to see what you like? You could buy a couple of each pre-loved first and then sell on the ones you don't like. You may like both! I use both of these brands: I have about 20 BGs and 4 TB Easyfits. There are no rules to say you can only use one or the other, though i do appreciate what you are saying about cost issues with buying a kit. However, neither the BTP BumGenius nor the Easyfit would stand any chance of lasting my DD overnight.

Thanks for your advice here girls, am going to have a rethink after your advice, maybe waiting until junior is here first is the best way to go. I'm sure I'll be back asking more questions soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->