• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How many of you had a completely natural birth?

Why does it matter? As long as they arrive safely they could of given and done anything to me and I wouldn't of cared.

If it doesn't matter to you then you don't really apply to any of my questions. :flower: it matters to some mothers.

I don't understand why it matters so much though :wacko:
Why does it matter?
I think to most mums all that MATTERS is that they have their baby in their arms!

Like saphire says, I hope no mums on here are reading this because some mums don't gave a choice and doesnt go so plain sailing as you nay want or dream.

I'm feeling sensitive about this because I have a friend who had a very distressed birth and resulted in their son being very poorly and has only just heen able come home after 6 weeks. So, imo, no it doesn't matter how the yell our babies arrive into our arms as long as the baby is ok and not if we are ok in how they arrived!
Do you see how conflicting the first two paragraghs of your post are? You dobt understand why it should matter, yet it might offend some people because it DID matter and they didnt get what they wanted in their own labours.

It matters to me. Of course it should matter to me. Labour is hte most empowering experience a woman can ever have. I know I would be devastated if I had many interventions. I invision a drug free labour, natural at home. It is not just a dream, it is reality! Of course there are some occasions where natural births cannot happen - say csections - but otherwords it really doesnt need to be viewed as a pipe dream for any one!!

I am not saying tha natural is obviously superior. :shrug: i am just saying it needn't be a touchy subject for those that actively chose drugs. :shrug: and those that had interventions they couldnt control, well, I cant see why they would be offended either, because it wasnt in there control and no blame could be on them.

well youve offended me. YOU asked a question..I told you my experience then you commented that it wasnt natural. As far as im concerned gas and air didnt do anything exept make my voice funny and even if you dont consider it a natural birth, I do. As much as you say people should appreciate your opinion of what is 'natural' I think you should fully appreciate others opinion of what 'natural' is. And I agree wih others, such a subjective subject..and what does it matter anyway? Its treads like this that make people feel like a failure for having meds, and for those suffering with PND its not exactly what they would want to hear.

I wouldn't argue with her ladies.

She (hot tea) likes to start and continue controversial threads :hugs:

My thread is not even controversial. It wasnt even meant ot be a debate. I asked questions, it opened up conversation. You are absolutely rude. :thumbup:

also without medical personel, haha. Yay me!

I gave birth at the hospital but they were too slow.

Thread moved to home and natural birthing at OP's request

Why does it matter? As long as they arrive safely they could of given and done anything to me and I wouldn't of cared.

If it doesn't matter to you then you don't really apply to any of my questions. :flower: it matters to some mothers.

I don't understand why it matters so much though :wacko:
Why does it matter?
I think to most mums all that MATTERS is that they have their baby in their arms!

Like saphire says, I hope no mums on here are reading this because some mums don't gave a choice and doesnt go so plain sailing as you nay want or dream.

I'm feeling sensitive about this because I have a friend who had a very distressed birth and resulted in their son being very poorly and has only just heen able come home after 6 weeks. So, imo, no it doesn't matter how the yell our babies arrive into our arms as long as the baby is ok and not if we are ok in how they arrived!
Do you see how conflicting the first two paragraghs of your post are? You dobt understand why it should matter, yet it might offend some people because it DID matter and they didnt get what they wanted in their own labours.

It matters to me. Of course it should matter to me. Labour is hte most empowering experience a woman can ever have. I know I would be devastated if I had many interventions. I invision a drug free labour, natural at home. It is not just a dream, it is reality! Of course there are some occasions where natural births cannot happen - say csections - but otherwords it really doesnt need to be viewed as a pipe dream for any one!!

I am not saying tha natural is obviously superior. :shrug: i am just saying it needn't be a touchy subject for those that actively chose drugs. :shrug: and those that had interventions they couldnt control, well, I cant see why they would be offended either, because it wasnt in there control and no blame could be on them.

well youve offended me. YOU asked a question..I told you my experience then you commented that it wasnt natural. As far as im concerned gas and air didnt do anything exept make my voice funny and even if you dont consider it a natural birth, I do. As much as you say people should appreciate your opinion of what is 'natural' I think you should fully appreciate others opinion of what 'natural' is. And I agree wih others, such a subjective subject..and what does it matter anyway? Its treads like this that make people feel like a failure for having meds, and for those suffering with PND its not exactly what they would want to hear.

I wouldn't argue with her ladies.

She (hot tea) likes to start and continue controversial threads :hugs:

My thread is not even controversial. It wasnt even meant ot be a debate. I asked questions, it opened up conversation. You are absolutely rude. :thumbup:

reread your posts then have a rethink about whom is being rude.

As I said to Fabby, I understand where you are coming from because ideally I would have wanted an intervention and drug free birth. But unfortunately that didn't happen for me.

But what I think Fabby is trying to say is that if you get yourself all hyped up for a completely natural birth, but for whatever reason that doesn't happen - will you be disappointed? Will it matter to you when you are holding your gorgeous, healthy little baby in your arms at the end of it?

That's why I didn't make a birth plan. I made a decision to go with the flow and that way I knew I would be happy whatever the outcome - and I was :)

I was utterly disappointed. I had to have a c-section as I was 18 days over, LO had passed his mec. and was super distressed and the induction drip nearly killed him. All I'd wanted was to experience labour and birth. I wanted as little intervention as possible. I didn't want a c-section unless it was life and death. And it was.

And however amazing the tiny little person I'd grown was, nothing could get rid of the disappointment I felt that my body had let me and my son down. Why didn't I go into labour? Enough other women seem to manage it. What's wrong with me?

I didn't give birth to my son, the surgeon cut him out. I grew him and I've fed him, but I didn't give birth to him. Enough time has passed now that I can say that he was 100% worth it. But that was a long time coming.

I was always the one who dismissed c-sections as something that happens to other people. I trusted my body, and it let me down. Nothing can prepare you for that.

I don't admire anyone who did it without pain relief, you were just dealt a different hand to me. Would I trade? Absolutely.

Wow, now that must be an amazing birth story!!

Haha it was, link in my signature. I almost gave birth in the car :haha:

No one go off on me, but having a natural birth was VERY important to me personally, but I don't look down on those who have had drugs or anything.

Just my 2 cents, that's all I'm saying. :flower:

It is funny how we all see things differently, birthing and our thoughts on it are as individual as we are. For instance some of you have said that all that matters is that you have a healthy baby at the end of it, and whilst of course I agree, it is because at the end of two labours I have not not had a healthy live screaming baby that for me it matters a lot what my birth experience is like. Sometimes all you are left with is memories, and well to me it is important those memories are as close to perfect as they can be given the circumstances. Like my labour with Honey was great, my labour with Riley Rae was perfect and for me it makes looking back that little easier, it made my time with them better. Any future babies the labour experience would be important too because you just never know what might happen, I know that is morbid but thought it might give some of you a little insight in to why it can be important.

I always thought I'd have a natural birth with just gas and air (yes, I most certainly do consider this a natural birth). I was 3 cm dilated from when my waters broke most amazingly all over downstairs floor to arriving in triage 45 mins later. Labour progressed v quickly until the midwife told me baby was back to back and couldn't progress past 8 cm for hours. I reached the stage where they told me to push, and pushed... and pushed.. nothing was giving. Very quickly I had was suddenly taken to theatre and given a spinal block in case of c-section. Ended up having forceps delivery and episiotomy, all this 18 hours after arriving at hospital. I later found out that my beautiful Louis had been born with the cord around his neck which sent me into hysteria after such a long labour. I still felt "empowered" as hell that I'd gone through all that and the outcome was I'd given birth to my darling baby and couldn't care less how the end result came about. Fair play to the ladies who had a natural birth,it's brilliant, but personally, I don't feel robbed of any "experience", my labour was my experience. If DS hadn't been back to back I would have had a natural birth but life's full of what ifs!

No one go off on me, but having a natural birth was VERY important to me personally, but I don't look down on those who have had drugs or anything.

I do find I look down a little on those who opt for c-sections without there being a medical need, as they are turning down the chance to do something I wanted to do but was denied, if that makes sense?

I have ultimate respect for those who go med free, however for some people it is completely out of their control and they are made to feel bad for having pain relief. I would have taken any medication going IF I had needed it, as it happened I didnt need it and Im so grateful for that as I managed to get home from hospital quicker and no forceps which I was so scared of. People shouldnt be made to feel inadiquate for their experiences, everyone is different!

I do find I look down a little on those who opt for c-sections without there being a medical need, as they are turning down the chance to do something I wanted to do but was denied, if that makes sense?

I do agree with you in that aspect, a bit... But I meant more the people whose birth went out of their control or the pain was just too much.

I, personally, don't see the point in having a c-section just for the sake of it either. But that's my opinion x

Nthing I have said even hints at making others who have pain relief feel bad, though. I have made it very very plain that is differs from situation. This thread is, or was supposed to be, specifically about natural/drug free births to begin with.

And patch, I do my best not to judge because it is sensitive people who jump on the "you are a rude bitch" bandwagon. All I will say is I cant exactly... Relate to their choices. And that is absolutely okay considering it isnt my choice to begin with!

I was told I'd likely have a difficult birth, so my thing was, I wanted a natural birth if possible, but I told my husband if it was getting bad and for some reason I was hysterical or wahtever and wouldn't give permission for csection or forceps or anything, to hit me over the head and give consent himself :rofl:

I, personally, don't see the point in having a c-section just for the sake of it either. But that's my opinion x

i don't know how many people have a c section for no medical need ( in UK anyway). My friend had a very traumatic first birth and felt she couldn't go through it again so wanted a c section this time. she had the really fight for it. i'd still say she had a medical need cause of a traumatic first delivery and physicolgically she couldn't face it again.....

i don't know how many people have a c section for no medical need ( in UK anyway). My friend had a very traumatic first birth and felt she couldn't go through it again so wanted a c section this time. she had the really fight for it. i'd still say she had a medical need cause of a traumatic first delivery and physicolgically she couldn't face it again.....

I'd consider that a medical need. Mental health is just as important as physical.

I know some women who have gone private so they can schedule their diaries around the birth.

Anyway, that's a tangent for another day.

I do try not to judge, but the labour/birth experience was so important to ne, and to see people throw their opportunity away, I just don't understand.

I think that's a perfectly valid reason! I wasn't trying to open a can of worms, just that I don't understand why someone would opt to have a section if they didn't need to - especially if it's their first baby. But that's just the way my mind works, everyone has their own way of looking at things and I don't judge people for their decisions xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->