How many takeawaysa/ready meals do you have a week?

Pearls18

Reaction score
The One Show just said that 55% of Scottish people have 3 or more a week (I don't know why they have picked on the Scottish) I was really shocked by this!

We have a dominos on a Friday night as our treat, we get 50% off and since being pregnant I will only eat the chicken kickers lol. But the rest of the week I cook, mostly from scratch although I do use uncle bens sauces now and again. Tonight I have made home made spag Bol, that I will reheat tomorrow too.

I find ready meals so bland, and I would get bored of takeaways that often.

If we could afford to eat out every week we would def do that lol.

Are you surprised by this stat or does it sound normal to you?

Ready meals never at home I sometimes have them at work but always feel ill after eating them everything is made from scratch I dont even like using jars of sauce but OH will use them if its just him and LO Takeaways are a monthly if we are lucky treat :)

3 or more :shock: I have a takeaway maybe once a month and I pretty much never eat ready meals purely because I think they are gross. Although recently I have been super stressed and not very hungry so I have been eating way too many of those Innocent noodle and veg pots.

No ready meals, we tend to cook from scratch. We get a takeaway very rarely, but go out for dinner once a month.

The One Show just said that 55% of Scottish people have 3 or more a week (I don't know why they have picked on the Scottish) I was really shocked by this!

That's cause we're always picked on :haha:. We have a takeaway on paynight and that's it. If I could have one once a week I would, but I can't eat them as I don't digest my food properly. TBH I don't know anyone who has 3+ takeaways a week.

No ready meals, haven't had one in years, since I was a student, they're horrible muck!! Have a take-away about once a fortnight or else we eat out, usually an early bird meal. Love chineese/thai, would love more than once a fortnight!! Cook from scratch most nights & have had lots of salad this Summer.

We dine out once or twice a week but in a proper restaurant. I don't buy ready meals (I cook from scratch) , we rarely have takeaway.

1 or two near the end of the week. OH cooks separately and a ready meal will normally do between me and Joel - we'll share a mushroom risotto or something since it seems to work out way cheaper than making it from scratch. We well sometimes have a takeaway generally only if we've run out of food (i'm not a very skilled meal planner so it happens alot)

I don't have ready meals as such but I very rarely cook from scratch if I'm being honest, I just can't!! I used to do lasagne and spag Bol from scratch but my body can't process mince since having my gallbladder out so I avoid it. All I do from scratch now is pasta sauces and a roast. I have pasta twice a week or so, jacket potatoes, then the rest is pre made stuff like pies, chicken enchiladas, chicken with say phili cooking sauce and new potatoes, I buy pre done mash, pre prepared roasting veg etc. I don't know if they're considered ready meals? But I'd say 50% is pre done stuff. Takeaways are rare, maybe once a month.

Used to be maybe 1 or 2 at weekends and a load of frozen stuff in the week but since starting slimming world I cook everything from scratch,even prefer the sw chips etc now. Had a blow out last week and had a Chinese. It tasted vile. Prefer my own curry (uncle bens is 22 syns a jar and I could have like 5 curly wurlys for that!!)

I don't really eat ready meals and I probably have a take-away once a fortnight on average.. although it's been three weeks since I've had one!

I admit when dieting I used to eat a fair amount of ready meals... Purely because they were easier for me to make separately for myself / know the calorie content of.

Now however, my other half is on a strict diet for his diabetes, which means not a lot of carbs. We make a lot of veg/meat fresh, and have healthy jacket spuds once a week. I do sometimes use jar sauces, but I've got very big on spices this last few months. I'm seasoning everything and making it from scratch! Haha.

Riley does love asdas potato salad... I can't stand to smell the stuff never mind make it myself!

Ready meals never - disgusting and bland.

Takeaways on average maybe once every ten days or so, sometimes more or less. Kids never have them :)

Takeaway once a month...maybe. Ready meals virtually never? Depends what you count as a ready meal, we have fish fingers and stuff which don't really require any prep quite often, but never the ready meals in a box type thing. I do like to eat out though and we'll do that 2 or 3 times a month, more if we're feeling flush. I'd do it every week if I could!

Used to be maybe 1 or 2 at weekends and a load of frozen stuff in the week but since starting slimming world I cook everything from scratch,even prefer the sw chips etc now. Had a blow out last week and had a Chinese. It tasted vile. Prefer my own curry (uncle bens is 22 syns a jar and I could have like 5 curly wurlys for that!!)

Can I be cheeky and ask for your recipe for curry? I've recently started slimming world and am struggling :(

I have a takeaway once every 3 months or so, or even less (and I'm Scottish :lol: ) never, ever eat ready meals! One of my colleagues eats takeaway food 5 nights from 7 :sick: I don't like them that much!

I don't eat ready meals and we sometimes have a takeaway on a Friday as a treat.

We didn't eat ready meals at all for years. We loved cooking from scratch. Then my partner got a job with stupidly long hours and I got 3 jobs and a degree :haha: We probably have 1 or 2 ready meals a week now, and the "meals" we prepare are more likely to include something frozen like a chicken kiev or whatever along with any rice or veg.

I still dislike eating ready meals but I'm a bit more used to it now, and we do balance it by eating plenty of fruit/veg snacks throughout the day.

Ps. No takeaways! Too expensive and I don't really like any of them. We go to Pizza Express or for a pub lunch every couple of months though.

We hardly ever have a takeaway, maybe one every couple of months - can't afford it more than that! Most things are done from scratch but I do like the loyd grossman bolognese and curry sauces. But if you look at the ingredients list, they are all actual foods, not chemicals or things you can't pronounce! Sometimes we will have fish fingers or something like that maybe once a week.

I wish ready meals were nice. Sometimes when hubby is away for work I used to buy myself some ready meals because it was cheaper than cooking for myself and it was nice and quick after work, but they're rank!! They literally depress me as I look forward to my evening meal all day lol, so even when hubby is away I cook for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->