How many words does your 18 month oldish say?

At 17 months my daughter had 80 words, at 19 months she now has almost 200 and uses 2-3 word sentences. My son had hardly any words at her age though. All children are very different. You say his understanding is good which is important and the rest will come in his own time. Once he really gets going you'll be amazed at how fast he learns new words.

Mum/Mummy
Dad/Daddy
Nan
Pap
Car
Moon
Bird
Bis (Biscuit)
Bed
Bath
Bubbles
Mr Tumble
Yes
No
I'm stuck
I did it
More
Again
Duck
Friend
Hat
Fish
Rabbit
Bot bot (bottle)
Juice
Cup of tea
Flower
Horse
Football
Ball
Bye
Was zis (What's this)
Wazzat (What's that)

I think that's about it :wacko:.. But honestly don't worry. Up until about 17.5 months all she said was Dad.. And when you asked her what something was it was either dad or daddy :dohh:.. She literally woke up one day and started saying all these words out of no where! :hugs:

Nolan currently says-
Dada
Dat (that)
Cheese (to the camera)
Oof oof (for dog)

He use to say Hi and hey! but has stopped. He signs "more" and shakes his head 'no'.

Harries nearly 22 months and does not shut up!!
I can have full on conversations with her where she uses proper sentences - and in the past week or so the joining words such as and, is etc have appeared!
She can also sing songs like round and round the garden, row row, twinkle twinkle, and of we start a sentence from a book she will finish it!
Oh, and she also uses sign language...so the 'teaching sign slows their speach' theory has been proved wrong!! Woop lol

On the other hand, my mum looks after a little girl who has recently turned two and she doesnt say a word just makes noises or points... So kids really can be opposite ends of the scale!

Lol my bubba is 2+1 and says 5 words, so count yourself lucky! Lol x

My daughter is 13months so a little younger but say around 20words

Maddison will be 18 months in a couple of weeks and I was starting to worry about her talking up until last week she only said

Daddy
hiya
uh-oh
doggy

but in the last week she has started saying

ta
bird
cat
myee (marley -the dog)
bye bye
boyee (Boycie - the dog)
no

Still no mummy :cry: but i'm happy she's picking things up now - I can actually see her trying to copy what we say now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->