How much blood did you lose & what type of delivery?

ClairAye

Mum to one of each!
Reaction score
Weirdly curious :dohh:

I lost 500ml - Forceps delivery with an episiotomy.

I know 500ml isn't a lot so I was wondering if on average people lose more or less than this? :thumbup:

2L, normal delivery.. never explained why I lost soo much but i had retained placenta for 12 weeks so I guess its connected

Cx

I don't even know exactly how much I lost? the midwife just said it was more than normal, had to go on iron tablets after giving birth & a drip because my placenta wasn't coming out very well. I had gas & air so it was all a bit of a blur! remember not being able to stand without feeling dizzy for a good few days after though :nope: x

Less than that vaginal delivery and just minor stitches that dissolved. Interesting question though

2L, normal delivery.. never explained why I lost soo much but i had retained placenta for 12 weeks so I guess its connected

Cx

Wow that's a lot! :wacko: x

I don't even know exactly how much I lost? the midwife just said it was more than normal, had to go on iron tablets after giving birth & a drip because my placenta wasn't coming out very well. I had gas & air so it was all a bit of a blur! remember not being able to stand without feeling dizzy for a good few days after though :nope: x

I had iron tablets too, but I think most people need them after a baby? Aww, I think I was the same, I was in for 4 nights after and the first time I walked it took me ages to walk like 3 metres to the loo :dohh: It was awful! x

1500mls, had blood transfusion the next day and was sent home with iron tablets x x x

Not sure with my C-section, I think it was around 500mls.

With my forceps VBAC I lost 1200mls. I also had a pesky bit of placenta left behind that was eventually scraped out 3 and a half weeks later.

1.5l vaginal delivery but she got stuck and they had to use their hands to wrench her out :(

No idea about blood. I know I had a second degree tear and it was stitched, but she didn't stitch one bit and it was bleeding a lot but said I'd be fine when I had a pad on (pressure on the cut)

i have no idea how much i lost, i had an emergency c section and had to have 4 units of blood and 4 units of plazma/fluids transfused so im guessing quite alot lol. Didn't really take in all of the information after i was taken off my ventilator the day after. Just wanted to hold my baby. :thumbup:

My gosh so many in the 1000s! And Emmy that sounds awful! :nope:

400ml with my first, vaginal delivery.
100ml (estimate) with my second (vaginal delivery, waterbirth).

I had a second degree tear with a lot of stitches first time & a tiny labia tear needing 2 stitches second time.

xx

Just found my pregnancy notes, shocked that they only classed my labour as 2 hours, because that's how long it was from my waters breaking.. I was getting contractions for about 8 hours before actually giving birth as I was induced! :nope: took 12 minutes from my waters breaking to me pushing, I pushed for 1 hour & 48 minutes, no wonder they started talking about forceps, seemed to me like I'd only been pushing for about half an hour! :dohh: x

1350ml with my emergency c section. Amazingly I didn't need a transfusion or iron tablets lol xx

500ml normal vaginal delivery. Was very anemic afterwards though as I already was pretty bad so nearly needed a transfusion but they waited a few days to see if my levels picked up.

I lost about 2L--maybe a little more-- according to my doctor. I just know it was enough for me to pass out. I retained all of the placenta and they took too long in trying to get it out, so after I passed out they took me to surgery to remove it. I had to get 2 blood transfusions and was put on iron supplements after the delivery. (Vaginal delivery)

They told me that if they'd waited any longer, or if I had opted for a home birth, I probably would have died. Not typical, but they said now that it happened to me once, chances are it will happen to me again in future pregnancies.

I had foreceps, they cut a major blood vessel and I got a third degree tear, I had a 4 litre blood transfusion and spent hours in surgery fully under being stitched up. It was horrific.

1.2L with a forcep delivery and episiotomy. They did want to give me a blood transfusion but then sent me home with iron tablets. I remember being in the hospital and day after giving birth needing the toilet and almost running back to my bed because I was blacking out the midwife found me halfway on the bed and floor lol. I felt really Ill for a couple of weeks after and couldnt even walk up the stairs without being out of breath and feeling dizzy. I think it was because they couldn't get my placenta out the doctor had to stick her hands up eventually to get it out.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->