How much blood did you lose & what type of delivery?

I lost a litre of blood after a c-section :D, slowly but surely returning to normality but will have to wait and see what they say at my post natal appointment :)

600ml lost, was on iron tablets during the end of pregnancy anyway so extras to go home with as I was feeling really wobbly. i had a vaginal birth, episiotomy and I think alot of the blood loss was when they pulled her out by her head as they were worried about her shoulders getting stuck. There were 4 of them doing it and it was the worst bit of labour!!

1800ml lost and emergency section. Oddly no tranfusion... i have never felt so ill in all my life. Just had 3 weeks of iron tablets.
Was very dizzy for days and couldnt stay awake. horrid

I don't know to be honest. I had a 3rd degree tear, and about an hour an half in theatre being stitched up, but all midwifed etc all said I didn't loose much blood for how bad the tear was. But then at about 9weeks pp they discovered I was anemic, and they said it was because I lost so much blood?? Lol so not sure

Interesting you guys were told all this information---They didn't tell me anything but that I has 2nd degree tear and they stitch it up.. I have no idea how much blood I lost.

Interesting you guys were told all this information---They didn't tell me anything but that I has 2nd degree tear and they stitch it up.. I have no idea how much blood I lost.

I got about 4 sheets of paper all about my labour, delivery and LO after birth :shrug:

500ml during the EMCS procedure then another 500ml in recovery but I was unaware of it as I was on pain relief and still in shock from having baby

notes said over 1L after emergency forceps, episiotomy and tear into my bowel. I wasn't given a transfusion but my iron dropped from 12.5 the day before birth to 7.

Ventouse delivery, I suffered a 3rd degree tear and also internal bleeding as I tore near my bladder. I lost 3litres of blood, had 3 blood transfusions but luckily I was only kept on hdu for 1 night and sent home 2 days after with iron tablets :wacko: Tankfully I have made a full recovery and it hasn't put me off! Pretty scary at the time though!

2.5ltrs, had a couple of blood transfusions and stuff and iron tablets and liquid. Very scary stuff!

300ml, forceps delivery and episiotomy. No iron tablets, they said weirdly my iron levels were higher after I gave birth lol. Xxx

i only lost 100 mls with brooke midwife was laughing saying i dont bleed much i only bleed lightly for a week then spotting, had no stitches just a small graze.

brooke was my 4th so i thought i would have bleed heavier they say the more u have the higher risk u are.

1.2l, episiotomy and twin 1 was forceps, twin 2 was vontouse! no transfusion, iron tablets for 1 month.

1L during vaginal delivery with multiple 2nd degree tears. I felt very woozy for about 24 hours, but no iron tablets needed.

I lost 600ml forceps delivery like you. I felt awful after though very dizzy - I was glad there wasn;t time for drugs in the end as the come down would have been worse. I was on iron tablets but they were giving me diarrhoea so I stopped them. I feel fine now - I used to have dizzy spells whcih i think was the iron

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->