How much blood did you lose & what type of delivery?

600ml, ventouse assisted delivery with episiotomy. I fainted twice the day I gave birth, was given IV iron every day at the hospital (we stay 5 days here) and a month's worth of iron tablets after I went home.

I lost 300ml vaginal birth I was given iron tables can't remember how long for xx

I had a c-section and lost 1000ml.

Wow some of these amounts are crazy! :shock:
I thought 500 ml was a lot! :dohh:

1800ml only 9days ago via emergency c-sec, got transfused 2 units of blood afterwards. You'll see from my ticker I should still be pregnant :) x

2500ml. Induced labour (gel and drip) with epidural but no intervention. My uterus stopped contracting after DD came out and though I avoided theatre (it was prepped for me just in case) I needed a 2 unit blood transfusion and iron tablets.

I'm not sure how much I lost, but I ended up needing to get four pints of blood and I'll be on iron tablets for about 6 months :wacko: I bled due to a very deep tear which was high up so hadn't been noticed when I was getting stitched, I had to go to theatre and get a general anasethtic to see why I was bleeding and why I had fainted.

I lost 2.5 litres as well. I had an emcs and needed blood transfusion and was in hdu for 24 hours while my baby girl had to stay on labour ward with mil. I'm still on iron tablets now.

I lost 2.5 litres as well. I had an emcs and needed blood transfusion and was in hdu for 24 hours while my baby girl had to stay on labour ward with mil. I'm still on iron tablets now.

Aww just saw your post and felt compelled to reply and say I hope you're doing OK. I know how rough I felt in the first month or so with DD trying to look after a newborn and recover from a traumatic birth so wishing you all the best :flower:

Aww just saw your post and felt compelled to reply and say I hope you're doing OK. I know how rough I felt in the first month or so with DD trying to look after a newborn and recover from a traumatic birth so wishing you all the best :flower:

Thank you! I do feel a bit better each day and definitely the worst is behind us now as she's 4 weeks. She is also very laid back and a good sleeper which has really helped!! Hope all is good with you now too :)

I had a EMCS delivery and lost 200ml of blood, I feel really lucky now , Some of the numbers here are really high! I thought 200ml was bad ! :flower:

That's so little considering! You're lucky indeed! I had forceps and episiotomy and lost 300mls more!

2.5 liters, natural delivery, and was admitted for days after because of anemia and had to be given blood. Reason--9.9lb baby and a very tiny wrip.

1 litre straight after natural delivery but induced labour. Just escaped a transfusion but put straight on iron tablets. Not great for the first BM!!

Think i lost about 1.1Ltr i had a c section and lost about 500ml during the op and another 600ml post op through the drain. I did have a heartrate of 122bpm (resting heatrate 80bpm) for 24 hours after birth though and they thought that might be because they underestimated the amount of blood i lost during the section and so who knows?!

I don't know the exact amount but the midwife did say I lost a lot of blood due to having a slow labour, I had low platelets anyways but had the epidural and episiotomy

I had to have a ventouse delivery. I lost 800ml in the actual labour and then had more blood loss afterwards. I had to have a blood tranfusion and go on iron tablets as I become anaemic.
I then bled for 13 weeks after giving birth! :(

700 ml after a natural but induced labour. This was just after I had delivered my lo and they don't know why it happened. No transfusion but I had to have a couple of injections in my thigh and these tablet things shoved up my bum to help stop the bleeding plus was on a drip for a few hours. No iron tablets needed. Was some scary shit though as I had a pool delivery and the whole pool went red. X

550mls. I had a natural birth, no tearing. Baby did get stuck though and the midwife put her whole hand up there to help him out. My god that was the worst pain i have ever felt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->