How much can you manage on?

S

Serene123

Minus rent/mortgage, how much could you manage on with bills, shopping, baby etc included x

How do you mean ? i dont understand lol

* meaning how much do you need for them ?

Like, what's the least you could pay for all those things on? :rofl:

i see, so what are our outgoings (bills and what we spend per month) minus are mortgage?

what is the least amount we could spend per month yes?

Well not really your personal information, I'm not that nosey.. :blush: But how much could you manage on? At least?

£100 a week ish. (we try to live purely off my maternity allowance)

We spend about £50 a week on food and the rest goes on things like petrol and bills.

That doesn't include extra spending though for things that aren't nessessities like new clothes, and luxuries.

Rather horribly, OH and I pay out £2k a month of his salary to credit cards and loans :( We'll be debt free in two years though, can't wait!

Any extra money at the end of the month goes into savings in case of emergency (ie the car needs fixed). Last month we saved £600.

hmm I'm not sure. We buy once a month usually and than odds and ends as needed. I would say our average grocery bill for a month for us, Hannah, and the two cats (including all household products) is $800 on average?

Thank you girls. I'm just curious. I'm used to spending whatever, but now Caitlyn is here it's all about budgets and stuff. :dohh:

lol ok, well it all depends really what with prices changing all the time.

Ill give you what my bills are

Electric £60 a month
Water - £28 ( was £40 so went down!:happydance:)
Tv Licence - £32 every 3 months.
Council tax is classed as a bill i supose? So £106 a month.

Food shopping about £250 for two weeks.

baby things about £28 a week.

I dont know how much cheaper it can do really , as most bills are just set to a certain amount. Thats as cheap as we can go i couldnt imagine going any cheaper , but thats just us?

But then thats not including store cards , loans and credit cards which we have thats if you have any of them.

about £1,400 is our monthly outgoings for food, formula, nappies, wipes, baby food, lecky, tv licence, mobile contracts x2, broadband, landline, virgin tv, rent, council tax EVERYTHING!

ask away toria - its important when looking at budgets and stuff :) minus our mortgage if we had to tighten our belts and just spend on bills and baby bits and food, i would say around £1000. tbh i don't really look at what i'm spending on food and baby stuff - milk/nappies/baby food/wipes etc, i no our food bill is normally around £70 per wk

on extra's and luxuries it obviously depends on what we want/need x

we spend £100 per week on food shopping then £50 on diesel
we also eat out once a week £60 then there is nappies n stuff £30
morgage £650 home ins £30per month council tax 90 per month tv 23 water 15 daycare 50 per week loan 150per month
internet 30 per month
so we av about £500 left for us

Oh yes and mobile phone contracts x2 £65 a month
Broadband - £15
Phoneline- £11
Petrol- £20 ( have van which petrol is payed for)
Luxeries £100 a month.

Think thats it.

Just for me and Lola I'd say about 600$ a month, maybe more.Thats without any luxuries, without mortgage and car and health insurance payments.

oh toria, everyone thinks aaaaaaaaaa when they first start, but everyone does it! i used to think like that but it does get better! x

i pay out the following

mortgage 950
council tax 145
electric 55
gas 35
water 28
food 90 a week so about 360 a month
jacobs formula costs 6 for a small tin that last half a week (its Lactose fre) so 12 a week and 48 a month
luckily i bought all my nappie while preg and wipes
clothes for everyone i spend about 300-400 a month
car insurance 26 for me 42 for oh

then were left with about 100-150 each a week :) xxx

forgot broad band and sky 65( have it in 2 rooms)

£60 a week for food £25 peterol, and £20 for bits and bobs that done include bills tho and its for two of us without a baby, used to spend loads more but are saving loads

For the two of us, including mortgage, we spend about £2000 a month on our outgoings of council tax, sky x 2, broadband, phone, mobiles, loan payments, petrol, food etc. We pay more on our loans than we have to as it means we will be debt free next November.

That leaves us with a fair bit of spare money which we save a bit of and spend the rest on bits and pieces - we won't always have this so are trying to make sure we have as much savings as possible xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->