How much can you manage on?

we spend...monthly

£50 electric
£40 gas
£20 water
£60 broadband/tv/landline
£20 mobile
£350 food... we are pigs

So about £120-£130 a week. Plus we have travel of £20 a week. Our budget is £100 a week so not doing too great.

At the moment im getting 136.00 a week from my maternity pay. £40 pw on rent, £40 pw on bills, £15 food shopping. I usually have between £30 and £40 a week left to myself.

However once baby is here and Im getting my working tax credit and child tax credit I will be much better off. I know I am going to be broke until that comes ins o I have sticked up on nappies, wipes and everything else I need so I know I'll be ok.

Ooooh and OH finally has a job interview tomora after 5 months of trying

I think monthly for neccessities I pay surely around 2000$.
Mortgage, car and health insurance, gas, phone, electricity, internet, mobile, food, formula, diapers. If I need something else, clothes for the two of us, new toys which I most times do then it's usually up to 2500$

Also it will be even more when she starts nursery in July but then again I will be making more then.

I easily spend $2000 a month, including rent. That is with both of us jobless. ](*,) I need to learn how to budget better. I spend too much on my phone and I have 2 new cars.

all together in a week we pay out abit i pay bills weekly so about £30-50 a week for bills and then baby bits about £40 then our own bits n shopping about £50 it all mounts up but u get used to it x

did you manage to get your tax credits through now hun as they actually give you more than you really need so i wouldnt worry hun x

We spend
£545 rent
£107 c tax
£40 gas
£38 electric
£28 water
£18 tv licence
£47 sky
£30 phone/broadband
£160 petrol
£35 car/house insurance
£300 food shopping
£32 baby milk
£15 nappies/wipes
---------------------
total around £1400

Scary when you sit down and look at it all! That doesn't include any luxuries and my weekly trips to next where i'm known to spend a small fortune!!

gas, elec, water, council tax, credit card and loan, sky, landline, mobile, car insurance, breakdown cover, diesel, tax, pet insurance, boiler breakdown, life and cic insurance, asu, buildings and contents insurance, food, *baby things*, tv license, clothes, school dinners,

then clothes, if you want to go out, emergency money, holidays, the list goes on...i think we pay out about £1700 jointly but we have 2 cars, mobiles, loans, insurances etc

h x

At the minute, here outgoings a month are:
Rent £525
Council Tax £100
Gas and Electric £80
Tv License £12.50
Water £28
Phone/internet £25

Plus phone contract £40
Food/stuff for Grace around £200

However when I move I am entitled to (a month):

Housing benefit £494
Child Tax Credit £264
Income support £262
And all of my coucil tax to be paid for

We spend.. (this is per month)
40 gas
40 electric
40-ish travel stuff
200 food
100 baby stuff
22 sky
25 phone
26 internet
40 for both mobiles
23 tv license

So thats about 560 a month. That leaves us with about 740 a month going spare

We have $510AU p/w after rent... geee.... I never realised it was so much. I dont handle ANY bills and stuff, my OH does everything. I get $380 p/f from the government, so $100 p/w for shopping & general cash on hand, $20 p/w savings for Jasper and whatever is left at the end of the fortnight from the $380 goes into savings for incidentals or things like holidays (yeah right!) or things for the house, clothes, stuff for jasper etc.

My OH manages all the bills on $320 p/w... and that includes our internet, cable TV, two mobile phones, landline phone, electric/water, insurance and whatever is left goes to the credit card :blush: damn credit card :hissy: We built up a credit card debt while we could afford to pay cash for anything we wanted and now we're paying off when we cant afford it.... our stupid are we! :blush:

Rent - £455
CT - £100
Gas - £60 (in the summer though it can be as low as £10 a month)
Elec - £60
Water - £40
Tv License - £12
Contents Insurance - £13
Car Insurance - £80
Sky (which includes TV/phone/BB) - £65
Flamin Setanta - £10 (for the footy, that's going tho as soon as the 12 months are up)
My mobile - £35 (that'll be going in October once contract ends)
OH's mobile - £35 (That'll be going in June once contract ends)
Shopping £300
Petrol - £40
OH's CC - £50
Kids pocket money - £40
Kids lunch money - £80 (2 children, £2 each per day - at the start of the term after easter though, they can start having packed lunches)

I'll budget £50 a month for the baby, it'll probably be more though! :blush:

We need to cut right down if we want to get married next year, eeek!! :dohh:

Also to add onto all that, will be life insurance - we need to get our arses into gear and get some soon!

We pay out about £1200 and oh takes in £400-£500 a week. will be left with about £180 a month after baby is here and no matty pay

man every1 spends soooooooo much!!! lolol

i reckon if i had no luxuries i cud live on 600 a month thats includin bills and minus rent x

House - 625
Council tax - 125
Leccy and gas - 114
Water - 50
Tv license - 11
Food - 160
Nursery - 660
Loan - 60

Think thats all of our outgoings so after that we manage on like... well I dont even know. Our tax credits and child benefit equal about the same as nursery costs so we maybe have £200 at the end of the month for ourselves.

xxx

Our average costs:

Heat 400$ in the winter
Electricity 200$
cable/phone bundle 80$
Car insurance 130$ x2
Formula 120$
Diapers $50
Food & other necessities 100$ per week
Gas 50$ per week but wil be more when I work

So approximately 1700$ without stuff like our cell phones and clothing.

Our mortgage is about 800$ and im not sure what our house insurance is.

We pay for all food, household bills (including SKY and broadband), petrol and car costs out of joint a/c/ - about £1500 a month after baby is born, I reckon.

Hoping to get all c/c bills out of the way just as baby is due (August) - when pay/half pay stops, will be trying to exist on £2000 plus family allowance for nearly 5 months. Think this will be hard, as I still have a mobile phone bill and student loan repayment to make. I am concentrating on getting c/c bill paid, which will cut pressure and direct debits for me. I'm pretty confident I can exist on next to nothing if I have to...just as well! ;)

After all bills, we are left with about 700.00 to ourselves

Ours comes to about £1300 a month, thats rent, all bills, and paying a bit off of credit cards and loans etc.

Before baby we had an income of about £3200 a month, when my mat leave ends we will be on about £1800 a month. We will survive, if we need more mone OH can do private work

mine is really bad we are in alot of debt- monthly

rent 270
water 38.00
tv 28.00
council tax 150
car finance 141
insurence 80.00
debt management 130
catalogues 40.00
credit cards 20.00
credit 20.00
internet,cable,house phone 80.00
food/charlies bits ( big shop of about 150 a month then about 30 pound a week)
gas and electric about 50.00
petrol (im not too sure as my partner drives)

we are hardly left with anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->