How much for your rent/mortgage?

Varenne

Reaction score
For what sized house, and in which county/country? I'm SO nosy, and interested in how it differs across the country.

We're in Berkshire, England, renting a 2 bed house with garden, 850pm
Looking to buy and the mortgage will be a couple of hundred more. It's all so big!

I'm in a 3 bed house in Cheshire, average sized with small front & back garden and our mortgage is £420 per month.

Rent for my old 2 bed house in the same town with just a yard was £450 per month.

See this is what makes me hate Berkshire!

Partner reckons he wouldn't be able to earn his salary in another county besides in London, but I'm sure we could be getting a better deal overall! Our town is ridiculous, it's some prestige thing living here or something. (I'm from the north, don't understand this stuff!)

Wow that's huge rent!

I own a 3 bedroom ex council house just outside dundee in scotland and our mortgage used to be 297 a month!

We were paying £650pm for a 2 bed gf flat with garden and parking. We now pay just over £100 more on our mortgage and weve got a 3 bed detached house with garage and garden in a nice area. Rental properties are in high demand so prices are elevated here.

Our rent is £1500 every four weeks. We rent an ex council flat, it is on the 2nd floor of an estate so the cheapest three bed we could find in this area. We live London (Middlesex). Cant wait to move.

Im in surrey near Thorpe park.
Normal rent for a 2 bed place here is about £1400 a month (there are a few that's about £3000 a month)
We are actually really lucky because the rent is so huge here it got out of control because its a prime are for commuting to London, heathrow and some other major areas there is a company that is essentially a housing associate that took over from the council for renting and bought up a lot of the renting houses so they could charge reasonable rates in a attempt to drop the market for renting in the area so our rent through this company is £540 a month (this place was £1200 before they bought it)

Are you leaving London Tasha?

I live in a nice part of Brighton and pay 950pcm for a 2 bed maisonette - its basically a full house but there is a self-contained basement flat below us so we don't have a garden. It is a shit hole and decorated horribly though, but for the location (5 minute walk from the beach) its actually a really good price. Ridiculous!

When we lived in Bristol we paid 750pcm for a beautiful 2 bed house directly on a big park...but the area wasn't considered to be the most safe or good for schools. I liked it though!

Yes Lou, as much as I love the location we live because as you know I love London, I sort of resent paying this money and having no garden, little space etc compared to what we could have even just an hour away from where we are now.

I moved from London to Winchester a couple of years ago and everyone assumed moving out London would mean I would save on rent. Unfortuatly thats not the case :(

We had a 2 bed bungalow with no garden for £900 per month in North London.

Now we rent a tiny 2 bedroom house with a small yard (the house is lovely though and the area is stunning) for £925 per month.

Would love to get a 3 bed when the baby comes but not a chance we can afford it around here!

Don't blame you Tasha, that money is insane! I guess I've been feeling the same but it's nothing compared to your situation!

I live in Bristol, in an ok area.

We pay £400 a month for a 2 bedroom new build house with small front and back garden, 2 parking spaces. We are the first people to live here :)

Very lucky as we waited out for a council house. Private renting the same house would be £700-£750 x

Yes Lou, as much as I love the location we live because as you know I love London, I sort of resent paying this money and having no garden, little space etc compared to what we could have even just an hour away from where we are now.

Ahhh yeah it really sucks - I would absolutely love to move back to London but the rent would just stress me out! Which direction are you looking to move out towards? Its a shame that most areas south of london are still ridiculously expensive!

I live in Cheshire and have a large (ish) 3 bedroomed terraced house with front yard and a decent back garden. We have two reception rooms, downstairs loo, quite a decent sized kitchen, three bedrooms (two doubles and one small room), a laundry room and a good sized bathroom. We pay £525pm rent. Would love to get a mortgage but unable to save a deposit :(

Don't blame you Tasha, that money is insane! I guess I've been feeling the same but it's nothing compared to your situation!

So frustrating isn't it?

Ahhh yeah it really sucks - I would absolutely love to move back to London but the rent would just stress me out! Which direction are you looking to move out towards? Its a shame that most areas south of london are still ridiculously expensive!

Yeah, it is a shame that normal (if I can class you as normal :winkwink: :haha:) people have been completely out-priced in London, the places where they grew up etc.

We are looking at Sandhurst area, Blackwater etc. My brother and SIL live in Bagshot, I am close to them so that is part of the appeal but mainly even though the saving would only be £200-£400 a month (well to me that is quite a good saving) even with that saving we would be looking at a house not a flat, a garden and so on.

Essex on the commuter belt into London and rent. £730 for a 2 bed with front and back gardens and a garage. The house needs a new kitchen and bathroom so rent is cheap (similar house are £800) but I can see this rising next year when we renew. A house a few doors up has just sold for £180k.

We pay $1280 (about £770) per month for a 3 bedroom house, big back yard in a nice area and 2 minute walk to the beach. We are so lucky to have found a place this cheap! Rent prices have increased so much

we pay £600 for a 3 bed house ,garage , bathroom & shower room with a lovely mature garden in linconshire. I love here as school are the best in the area for miles and its a lot cheaper than the city we lived in. However the house doesn't have a back door which is a little weird so we have to go out the front round the back which means I cant let the girls out and potter in and out as I don't feel safe leaving them like that.

Im in east london on the essex boarder. Rent is 850 a month for a tiny 1 bedroom flat with a small garden (but no grass!) we are hoping to buy next spring!

We pay £750 rent for a detached 3 bedroom house with garden on the outskirts of bristol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->