How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
Ok, so I have 5 children to buy for this year and a lot of family...
However Ive made a list for my kids, and they have 10 each.. Plus 10 stocking fillers, money is tight and I've done my best to get a few things they asked for, but I can't help feel they haven't got enough.... They are very grateful kids and don't expect loads so why do I feel so rubbish? :(
Not buying family until all my kiddies are bought but not too worried bout that at mo....

What do ou ladies think is too little or too less? And how many you buying? :)
Thankyou

Just buy for what you can afford. We are only buying Alex 7 or 8 presents and people would class them as stocking presents.
I know Alex is quite young still and doesn't understand but we won't buy too much even when he is older.

It sounds perfect what you got them! they will love them im sure xx

I think that sounds plenty. :thumbup:

Our girls have 20 in their stockings, some are bigger presents and some are small stocking fillers, but they only have 1 main present from us under the tree. They also do have a small present from us in the evening. :flower:

DD is getting 4 or 5 presents under the tree, plus maybe 5 or 6 in her stocking, and I think that's plenty (I'll do a bigger stocking when she's old enough to understand but only small silly things!). Christmas is about far more than presents!

Phoebe will probaly have about the same 10 pressies & then little stocking fillers. We went mad last year & bought her tons, not doing that again, her birthday is New Years Eve so she gets even more less than a week later. Jacob has got about 5/6 pressies but he will only be 5 months by then and one of them is a jumperoo x

I think enough is when you can afford xmas, and be comfortable. I have bought Jessica quite a bit but that's because we could afford to. We are short of cash now so I have stopped buying for her, and everyone else, but luckily we have very nearly finished and will be able to afford the last few bits before the big day.
Jessica has quite a few presents as I say, but there are toothbrushes, bubblebath etc classed as pressies too xXx

I think enough is when you can afford xmas, and be comfortable. I have bought Jessica quite a bit but that's because we could afford to. We are short of cash now so I have stopped buying for her, and everyone else, but luckily we have very nearly finished and will be able to afford the last few bits before the big day.
Jessica has quite a few presents as I say, but there are toothbrushes, bubblebath etc classed as pressies too xXx

I agree with this. Ive brought soooo much for my LO ( :blush: ) but basically we set a budget and although i have spent a bit over it - ive made sure its only from extra money we have and weve been saving half the year for xmas xx

Its whatever you can afford. Los first year she got only 4 presents from us because Id finished my mat leave but not gone back to work. Last year she had loads of presents but none of them were over £30. This year Ive spent more, but she is getting less in terms of items as shes getting two high value things.

Whatever you can afford.

Im always made to feel bad by some of my friends who work FT they spend an absolute fortune but if they have the money well thats fine.

I think people go to ott at Christmas with presents. It's not always about presents but family/friends and spending that special time together. I think your LO's will be happy with what they have :)

Thankyou everyone for your replies. I know it's not all about presents, but that's what kiddies look for when they come down the stairs Xmas morning :)
You've all made me feel a lot better in myself, and comfortable that I've done what I can.
I'm sure, like you all said, they will like what they have got.
Thankyou again xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel