how much milk are you all drinking?

Pumpkinb

Proud parents!
Reaction score
Just wondering as I have been trying to drink at least 3 cups/glasses a day, I don't eat a lot of cheese so is this enough?
I have a midwife appt tomorrow so can ask her then but just wondering what you are all doing?
I am a bit worried about losing any teeth etc as I have made it to the age of 28 without a filling or having any work done (touch wood!) and don't want to have to start getting work done now!

:blush: i don't have any...can't stand the taste or smell...

I'm only having one glass a day, but I do eat some cheese and I have milk on my cereal. I'm not sure if this is enough but like you it's something I'm conscious of....

I haven't been drinking any, as I thought that the pregnancy vitamins I was taking had calcium in them but apparently they don't.

I wonder if this is why I have been craving cheese the last week? I have been thinking about cheese and mini cheddars since last night!

I drink only 1 glass, but I eat lots of yogurts, all types. Yummy

I have one glass a day, but lots of cheese too.

I lost a tooth after my dd was born, and have had bleeding gums since day one with this one.

My mum and husbands mum both lost a few teeth with each kid they had.

Now that I think about it, I may start having 2 glasses a day :)

Thanks all. Its not something I used to bother much with before I was preg but very concious (sp) of my teeth! I suppose I get more than three a day as am taking milk with my cereal in the morning too.
Maybe thats why I have gained 10lbs since being pregnant too!

I have one glass a day usually, plus any on cereal and in cups of tea, I do eat a lot of cheese too though!

:sick: I can't STAND dairy products. Never really have, except a 3 week period in this pregnancy where I ate nothing but yogurt, cheese, eggs and milkshakes.

That soon passed tho lol.

I put a lot of milk on my cereal, and drink milk in tea, and eat cheese and yoghurt .

I am drinking milk like its going out of style. I probably drink at least 4 glasses a day plus any I have on cereal. I have been going through a litre about every 2 days. Its probably a good thing I like skim or I would be as big as a house. If you don't like milk you should try skim. I never drank milk and then I tried skim and I loved it. It was the creaminess that I didn't like about other milks.

omg- you lot are gonna freak at me.

most days I can easily finish off a four pinter.. but its usually nearer the 6 pints mark!
I LOVE MILK.. always have done.
i am trying to cut down really and have water when i am thirsty instead. but it beckons me and just cant help it! lol
all that PLUS I have milk on cereals, cheeses and yoghurts!

MW says its fine..
But I am wondering.... is that too much of a good thing? well at least I know babys bones will be ok.
I have never broke a bone in my body! or a tooth.. lol

i had no idea we needed to drink lots of milk. i went through a phase, from about 9 weeks until 12 or 13 weeks, where i was craving milk really bad, i'd drink 3 or 4 big glasses of it a day, but now that has passed and i'm only putting it on my cereal, not drinking any extra. should i start again? i do like milk.

eeeep... I do need to drink more milk (eat more calcium things)... I had anorexia for 7 years in my youth and I expect my bones were affected...

I wonder though - does the calcium in Rennies get absorbed? I take plenty of those!

Generally, I have about 1/2 a pint of milk on my breakfast, maybe 2 cups of decaf coffee with milk and sometimes yogurt. also nuts.

Hi

I have googled milk in pregnancy and found these links

https://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/2222/63

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article708997.ece

most days I can easily finish off a four pinter.. but its usually nearer the 6 pints mark!
i am trying to cut down really and have water when i am thirsty instead. but it beckons me and just cant help it! lol

Do you drink semi skimmed or skimmed milk. I have been drinking semi skimmed and wondering if I should switch to skimmed as less fat but from what I can find on the net it has the same amt of calcium?

I have about 1-2 glasses per day but I've always been a cheese fiend so lots of cheese + yoghurts. I've also been eating corn flakes like crazy! Going through cravendale like it's going out of fashion - I suspect I'm the reason why Asda keep adding more shelves of the stuff! :rofl:

Do you drink semi skimmed or skimmed milk. I have been drinking semi skimmed and wondering if I should switch to skimmed as less fat but from what I can find on the net it has the same amt of calcium?

Ha ha! Well I actually buy half of semi skimmed.. half of FULL FAT!! I HATE SKIMMED (the red one) it just tastes like water.. no creaminess to it at all!)
Sometimes I buy the odd litre of JERSEY MILK.. GOLD TOP stuff.. DE-LISH!!!!!!!

BUT I have only put on 3lb in this pegnancy so far (may have summink to do with my gastric band tho) I use milk to fill me up quickly if I get hungry cos I cant eat alot... maybe I should start mixing some slim fast shakes in with the amount of milk I drink- thats got lots of nutrients in.. or complan? hmmmm

Wow ladies, ummm..I have really not had much milk at all. No one said I should really be drinking it. I was craving cheese early on, I think because it wasn't making me sick and with some crackers it was a great snack. Now I put some in my coffee(I just decided to switch over to decaf so I can have more) some on the occasional bowl of granola, and I still have some cheese, but I was thinking that my prenatals would help out with that, too. Maybe I should check the calcium on those...

I've been craving milk and cheese so if anything I am having to watch not to have too much!!! Drink about 2-3 pints a day (semi skimmed) :dohh:

MW reckoned its actually a 'good' craving to have and not as fattening as you might think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->