How much milk should i take to the hospital?

Emma1980

Mummy to Finley
Reaction score
I've bought the lil cartons to take to the hospital, how many do i need to put in babies bag?

Does your hospital deffo not provide it? I was worried about this too then found out they supply a variety with bottles :) xx

Yes, normally your hospital will provide any formula that you need - check with them.

QT

Well once the carton is open i believe you have to discard it - from what i remember. Baring in mind your bub will only be taking about 2oz at a time to start with you will end up needing quite a few if you are in a couple of days (although i think if it is used up straight into serilised bottles then this is ok for 24 hours refridgerated?? - what does it say about usage instructions after opening?

Sorry - they supplied me with ready bottles in hospital so im not 100%

have you considered these

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...x-100ml-Milk-Bottles--12-x-NUK-Teats/38418011

x

Im sure they provide these at the hospital

Our hospital doesn't provide anything other than cold water steriliser. You have to take your own formula and bottles.

it completely depends on your hospital, I know mine doesn't supply ANYTHING unless it is medically required. ie/ if you're choosing to bottle/formula feed, then you have to bring it all in yourself.

Give them a call, they'll have a good/better idea of whats an appropriate amount.

they give u a bottle when babies born, but my hospital only has sma so i would ask if u want to use somthing differnt as u may need to take ur own? im not going to bother as im using sma. But i remember from first time round the midwives where really rude when i said i wasnt breast feeding so just be warned! xx

I took a full box in with me, you have to chuck them after an hour so you can go through quite a few.

Xx

See if your hospital has a fridge that you can use. I think the small cartons are ok for 24 hours if they are kept in a fridge once they've been opened. If there is, I would be inclined to take enough for a couple of days. If not, I would get some of the small bottles that someone else recommended.

the hospital provides bottles but not milk! have already been warned!

Think if i just take 4 i'll be okay? i can always send people out for more can't i? thats about all that will fit in my bag lol

Well once the carton is open i believe you have to discard it - from what i remember. Baring in mind your bub will only be taking about 2oz at a time to start with you will end up needing quite a few if you are in a couple of days (although i think if it is used up straight into serilised bottles then this is ok for 24 hours refridgerated?? - what does it say about usage instructions after opening?

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...x-100ml-Milk-Bottles--12-x-NUK-Teats/38418011

x

thats the same milk ive got but in the cartons, they didnt have these in the shop or i would definitely of got them! i'll keep an eye out in other shops for them for sure :thumbup:

If they feed every 2/3 hours four wont last you long hun x

oh buggery poop! i fit 6 in and am about to check if the hospital have a fridge i can use!

x

thats the same milk ive got but in the cartons, they didnt have these in the shop or i would definitely of got them! i'll keep an eye out in other shops for them for sure :thumbup:

boots sell these hun if you have one near to you - may depend on the store tho x

hmmm, we have a medium sized boots, i'll check it out - does anyone know if they accept healthy start vouchers?

oopsies, never mind, just checked the website and i can :thumbup:

now just gotta hope its a big enough store to sell them LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->