How, much money do I give my 16 year old for her birthday ?

Eek could never afford £100. Where are you in the world? In the UK 16 is pretty much a normal birthday?

Im in the uk as well and 16 has always been regarded as a massive milestone birthday :shrug:

The only difference between 16 now amd 16 as I was growing up is the smoking age has increased to 18.

Do people really not regard 16 as being special anymore??

Suzi, I am in the UK too and my earlier post mentions money and then buying sentimental because 16 is a special birthday. We have always classed it as a big, special birthday.

I would give £100 and then spend up to £50 on a sentimental present that she can keep. 16 is a huge birthday.

^^^ this. She wants money now, and it is fun to have some freedom to get yourself what you want, but years down the road she'll appreciate a keepsake.

My mom gave me a simple gold cross pendant for my 16th birthday and I've worn it daily for more than 20 years. I'd have long forgotten what I spent any birthday money on.

I'm 23 now but I used to get £100 from my mum and £100 from my grandparents. I was pretty spoilt though and it took me a long while to realise the value of money.

I'd say £100 is plenty. x

I would say about £150, prices of things now a days that wont go very far at all on clothes or games I would also get her a sentimental gift :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->