How much this month?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I am not sure anyone can answer but I started my smp on 23rd sept. I get paid on the lqst working day of each mnth. I normally earn approx £1002 before tax and ni and approx £916 after. Last month after tax and ni I got approx £926 (I get just normal smp so that was for some normal wage and smp from 23rd which is 90% of pay for first 6 wks. I think I actually got some tax back (havent seen payslip) which happened for a few mnths last time I was on smp.

I have budget approx £100 off my wage this month compared to what O would normally get.i was wondering if anyone has an idea (I understand i wont know til paod if any tax back etc) what approx I should get paid the end of this month on 90% of my wage for octobers smp?

TIA

Xx

Also if it started 23rd sept.when will my 6 wks at 90% end? I dont normally work fridays so am giessing that day wouldnt be paid at 90% in my november wage? Confusing. Lol.

Xx

Sorry I'm not gonna be any help hun because SMP is done weekly it confuses me, I'm used to just getting the same amount every month and I am still on the annual leave bit of my mat leave, I just wanted to say be careful because I think October has been a 5 week month so you may find you get quite a bit this month and then next month will be a bit of a drop, so as you had one week in September, plus 5 in October it could be that the 6 weeks of 90% pay is done for you by the end of the this month and next month will be 4 weeks of the weekly £135 or whatever it is. I might be wrong it confuses the crap out of me lol. Not even sure if that helps you at all lol.

No thats fine hun as i have budgeted that I will only get the usual £135 smp for the whole of november (approx £560 in total I think whichis approx what I was getting last time but smp was less then lol) I have budgeted that I will get approx £816 this month (october).

If there are part weeks or days left in that particular month for normal smp do they tend to pro rata the pay down? I know Feb last time was a bit of a drop so I need to relook at that month. Lol.

No sure hun, all I know is they start the week on Sundays, confuses me no end! You should be able to ask payroll maybe?

We dont have payroll, just my manager who does everything. I dont like to ask her as she has so much on her hands. Lol. Xx

Okay so I got paid £1003! My normal pay before tax isapprox £1002 so I think I got 5 wks ofthe 90% and possiblysometaxback.

Ive plannedthat end nov onwards will just be normal smp which will be approx £560pm.

To give ctc an estimate for this year when baby arrives do I take my earnings td.and then how manyweeks at maternity leave between now and 5th april by smp and then take offthe 100pw they allow you for the same amount of wks. And then will sort my partners earnigs. we are gonna be onless than last yr (also on smp for start of that lol)

Xx

I'm so confused, I was paid more than my usual amount I think because I finished annual leave on the 26th so this week has been maternity but I am on 100% wages for 4 weeks so I have had 5 weeks of pay this month which means I've paid more tax, more pension and something back on my student loans (I'm usually just under the student loan threshold) all the deductions have made it barely any extra and it's written as SMP on my pay slip, I'm not just getting SMP I'm getting my company's advanced pay, CONFUSED! Just hope November isn't too depressing.

Oh yeah I wouldnt have got tax back this time. Confused. Lol. Im keeping most of it to one side. Looking at my pay slips from last smp the november I got 566 smp which inclided approx 14.70 tax back. Then i got 10 cashback the next mnth 14 after that and so on til the end of the tax yr. Lol.

Xx

Hii. Just a quick question. Have you filed out the smp calculator for employers on direct gov? I started mat leave on the 30/09/13 and receive nine weeks at 90% I usually pick up 1120 where as this month I have been paid 1030. The calculator says I should hsve 1170. Just wondering how accurate this is for you guys if you've checked xx

Heya. No hun I havent give that a try. In on my mob so will try have a look

Xx

Thanks. I feel I'm being robbed lol!!! I had budgeted 1000 though as I assumed it was like your salary and not weekly amounts per month if that makes sense! X

Well I just did it and it said this mnth I should of got 922 smp (which would of been6 more than I normally get). V.confused as this also throws my estimated figures for this year that I was gonna give tax credits into the air. Lol.

Xx

Arr maybe it's not correct then. I wish work sent you a letter stating what you'd get each month! X

I know yeah. I havent seen my payslip yet. Last time on smp the same time I got approx 100 less in the oct which is why I budgeted the same this time.

Xx

Ive just checked my payslip and it looks like ive paid too much tax this year. They will defo tax me again next month as ill still be on 90% going forward when I only receive smp will they not tax this as ive paid enough or keep taxing me do you know? Do I get the sum back in April automatically or do I have to request it. Hoping you'd know you seem to have done some research xx

Last time with my tax I stopped getting taxed after the first 6 wks of smp and I was also getting approx 10-14 pm tax back in my payslip. Not sure if everywhere does it like that though. If you have paod too much tax this yr you should deffo stop being taxed though hun.
x
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"